My new c4s delayed in Houston, for potential seat problem (379 cars delayed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Richard911 is on a distinguished road
To me no issue as it is not a carfax item

Old 10-20-2013, 01:33 PM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
my car goes into production this week and is scheduled to be complete on 10/25. I'm assuming this will not be an issue for me at port in a couple weeks. Is this a good assumption? I'm guessing Porsche has made the adjustments at the factory at this point. What do you think?

I feel for you guys waiting for your cars.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Ray78 is on a distinguished road
Blackspeed

I'm sure your car will be fine. It only affected 98 cars produced in September.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 PM
JoeInDallas will become famous soon enough
Update:
My C4S was not on the affected list. According to the dealer is was on the truck being shipped to the dealer as of Friday. Expected to arrive at my dealer in Plano, TX (Dallas area) on Monday or Tuesday.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Joe

That's great news. Had your car been on the recall list, what would you do? Would you try and negotiate something from porsche or just let it be. It's frustrating that a brand new car prior to delivery already has a recall on it. I was expecting the car by now.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ray78
Joe

That's great news. Had your car been on the recall list, what would you do? Would you try and negotiate something from porsche or just let it be. It's frustrating that a brand new car prior to delivery already has a recall on it. I was expecting the car by now.
Ray78,

I'm sure your dealer didn't commit to a delivery date, so at this point your only real bargaining chip is your lack of customer satisfaction. You could ask for the dealer to do something for you (discount on winter tires, free clear bra, free first oil change...) but don't do it unless there's something you really want. I would make sure that the sales manager and dealer GM are aware of how you feel: that could work on your behalf if you need to go back for something in the next couple of years.

As to the concern about the recall, I wouldn't worry. Considering it will be done before you take delivery, just make sure you're happy that the seats match perfectly. I'll bet you $1CDN that once you drive the car for 2 days this whole episode will fade to black in your memory.

Good luck during your extended wait, I still feel for you!

Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
my car goes into production this week and is scheduled to be complete on 10/25. I'm assuming this will not be an issue for me at port in a couple weeks. Is this a good assumption? I'm guessing Porsche has made the adjustments at the factory at this point. What do you think?

I feel for you guys waiting for your cars.
I think your assumption is just fine. You can bet the seat supplier is on their best behavior right now.....

Old 10-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by JoeInDallas
Update:
My C4S was not on the affected list. According to the dealer is was on the truck being shipped to the dealer as of Friday. Expected to arrive at my dealer in Plano, TX (Dallas area) on Monday or Tuesday.
Stoked for you. Post again when you get a delivery time and be sure to post pics asap. I will do the same.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:11 AM
jnscolo,

I will definitely update when I have my car. Looking forward to seeing pics of yours too.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:13 AM
Ray78,
I agree with jnscolo's comments. Based on what I have been hearing lately, I suspect your car should be fixed relatively soon. I have no doubt that they will do it right. Sucks waiting. Should be totally worth it though, when you hit that first country road in your brand new 911.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Jnscolo and Joe,

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like you'll both get your cars this week which is awesome. I have a call into my dealership today for an estimate on the arrival of the new seat. Based on what my dealer said, he mentioned that cars at the port were getting the wiring harness replaced by factory porsche technicians from Germany and cars that were at the dealers are going to be sent new seats for replacement. I don't know which would have been better. My dealer hasn't replaced a seat in the 991's yet but I assume it's an easy process. Oh well, the wait continues.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
I just got called from PCNA on my car which has already been delivered. The rep wanted to know which dealership I was going to use for this recall since my car is affected. The rep was ill informed and had trouble reading a script. This is two weeks after my Bermester amp went out. I only have had the car for three weeks.

Since they are fixing cars at the port which is not far from the dealer, I would rather have a plug replaced than have my seat pulled out and worry about color matching the leather. Will try to negotiate that from PCNA.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM
I got my car! Drove it a very little bit tonight. Will post pictures soon.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by JoeInDallas
I got my car! Drove it a very little bit tonight. Will post pictures soon.
Dude, you're killing me here. Pics now. Play hooky from work. Whatever. I'm dying.

BTW, hearty congrats!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:53 PM
AllForTheCash will become famous soon enough
Any further word on this? Did they change the entire seat or harness?

Last edited by AllForTheCash; 10-29-2013 at 05:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new c4s delayed in Houston, for potential seat problem (379 cars delayed)