Questions about my build --> Options for CAb overkill? pix inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Question Questions about my build --> Options for CAb overkill? pix inside

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...e/?c=/PEKVY9P5

I was wondering if PDCC isn't really needed on the Cab since the structure although stiff, still has minor cowl shake over bumpy roads.

Sport PASM is just a little too firm for me.

Wife wants CAb I want coupe. I think the Cab will be great in my sunny state of California.

Does PTV also work when the brakes are applied on a turn or just when coasting around the corner?

Does anyone feel that there are either more squeaks or less squeaks with full leather?

Does the S Cab or the base Cab also have the sound imposer?

Questions on the base CAb;

I also thought about a Base CAb with PDK and PASM. My question on hte base Cab is; Has anyone bought the Base and needed more power?

Has anyone who bought the base missed the PTV?

In second gear, would i notice much difference in torque or perceived power between the S and base?

Thnaks!

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 11-14-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:56 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
oops

I like the red coupe and my wife likes the Yellow cab.

and yes, she has to have the red seat belts...lol

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yello Dream Cab.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	301384   Click image for larger version

Name:	red dream1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	301385   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-376-oemexteriorview-70932.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	301386   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_1657_2cdb29389f8b089e0ab222086ffb7bbde210ee93.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	301387  
Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Absent all else, definitely go Cab. I think yellow on black is lovely, although I would probably opt for yellow belts, not red. Someone did a really helpful review of a bunch of features and said the rear footwell lighting was a complete and utter waste.

I think you're going to need to drive both extensively to make up your mind on your detailed questions about PTV and PDCC, etc. It's just one of life's great burdens.....

Old 11-14-2013, 06:48 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
My question on hte base Cab is; Has anyone bought the Base and needed more power?
Need? I have the S cab and want more power. Drive both and decide.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
I believe with your location, a cab makes sense, I am in a area that gets hot and dusty so opted for the coupe, the rest needs to be your choice so you are happy.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:59 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
A sports car should be a Cab just my opinion. I have had 10 Cabs since 1957. My wife has had 4. We live in MN drive them all year, not with top down in winter.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
A sports car should be a Cab just my opinion. I have had 10 Cabs since 1957. My wife has had 4. We live in MN drive them all year, not with top down in winter.
I don't know if it should be a cab - but in my opinion it is a hell of a lot more fun, especially in California. The only thing I would use a coup for, over my cab, would be track. But that isn't my thing so cab all the way.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:13 AM
studlee is on a distinguished road
if you r going to buy...i say S...i dunno if the base lease special is still going on

Old 11-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...e/?c=/PEKVY9P5

I was wondering if PDCC isn't really needed on the Cab since the structure although stiff, still has minor cowl shake over bumpy roads.

Sport PASM is just a little too firm for me.

Wife wants CAb I want coupe. I think the Cab will be great in my sunny state of California.

Does PTV also work when the brakes are applied on a turn or just when coasting around the corner?

Does anyone feel that there are either more squeaks or less squeaks with full leather?

Does the S Cab or the base Cab also have the sound imposer?

Questions on the base CAb;

I also thought about a Base CAb with PDK and PASM. My question on hte base Cab is; Has anyone bought the Base and needed more power?

Has anyone who bought the base missed the PTV?

In second gear, would i notice much difference in torque or perceived power between the S and base?

Thnaks!
I have Cab with full leather, PDCC, X51 and much more. No squeaks with the leather. Sport Pasm not available with Cab. I test drove both base Cab and S Coupe in Germany last year. Far preferred the S but went the whole way and got Cab with X51. I don't notice cowell shake at all. I think both have the sound imposer as the base cab rental car did but it might have been an extra/option. I agree with the person who indicates sports cars should be cabs. I have the 991S Cab, a 996 TT Cab and my driver is a BMW 650 Cab.

Last edited by Snowczar; 11-15-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:29 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
If you go the CAB route, make certain you get heated and ventilated seats. These should be standard on all CABs. My vote is for the CAB "S"

Old 11-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I totally agree with the heated/ventilated seats. Also, check out the 18 way adaptive seats. I find them fantastic.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Wink Pour some sugar on it...

I did notice on my limited test drives that the PASM seemed to ride smoother, less jittery than the Base Cab without PASM.

I am semi retired at 49 and there isn't any place that I need to be in any urgent manner. So I thought I would go with the Base CAb, PDK, PASM, Sport Steering, Base Black, 18 way, Sport SIde mirrors and add a few fixins'. I mean I would mostly be doing the speed limit anyway, well most of the time.

Then I read joeindallas blog and how much he loved the PDCC, which by the way, and not to ruffle any feathers, he indicates can be turned off via a PDCC switch on the center console...?

If I do test drive the C2S CAB with PDCC and back to back another without it, IE a base cab, and I like it I would have to go for the S Cab, and even possibly a 4 S CAb in case we want to go to the beach and during in-climate weather, there at times puddles which may warrant the 4 wheel drive, and the base Cab does not have a PDCC option.

Or on the other hand, if I just have the C2 S, I could always carry my tow hook, and ask a truck to pull me out...lol Either way I'm going to drive that thing anywhere and everywhere. AAA lookout

Now if all goes as planned and my wife and I go to Porshe couples school prior to my purchase, I would be better able to narrow my choices, but then of course, I would probably want the C4s Cab with all the fixins'...

Can the C2 with winter tires handle light snow like going from san Franciso to Lake Tahoe? You know like you wake up in your hotel one day and it's like, "oh no! it snowed last night..." in which case the C4s might be warranted

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	emerald bay 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	301877   Click image for larger version

Name:	pas.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	301878   Click image for larger version

Name:	pas1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	146.5 KB