Just got my 2014 991S! First car too! couple of frustrating question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 05:01 PM
NYU02 is on a distinguished road
Just got my 2014 991S! First car too! couple of frustrating question

First, I must say this car is a beast! Beautiful from front to back. I will go into some basic questions in a bit, but I have some mechanical issues I want to make sure are not major. I found the car I want with only 2k miles in Cleveland (i'm in NYC), so I bought it out of state without going to see the car. Of course I was sent pictures and carfax etc. I will say, DO NOT buy from Porsche Beachwood. Horrific experience, which you will see in reviews in the future. Just to give you a taste, the mailed me someone else's personal information and order - his social, income, address, job, you name it. AND that is just the beginning.

Anyway, so I got the car. Here are my main questions: 1) When I tap the gas or when the car is slowing down, there is a squeaking/chirping noise coping from the fan. its irregular and def not normal. Has anyone had this issue? Just a loose fan or belt? 2) There is a indention on the passenger seat, right in the middle, about the size of a quarter. Covered by warranty, right? Of course, the dealer said with 2k miles the car was flawless, but it was far from it. It looks and still smells brand new, but these issues should have been disclosed.

Anyway, I love the car - the look, the drive, everything! I couldn't get out for over an hour just now. A bit nervous about city streets, but I will adjust.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,
NYU02

Old 03-09-2014, 05:22 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats.

Is the chirping noise speed dependent, or do you also have it when at a standstill?
Which fan are you referring to?

Seat should be fixed under warranty (if not considered wear and tear) but the dealer in Cleveland may have to work and coordinate with your local repair shop.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
dux - Thanks for the reply.

It is more prevalent when it hit the gas. Even if I repress the gas at high or low speed. I of course can hear it more when at low speeds - i.e. rolling out of a parking lot, etc.

It kinda sounds like this: This person had a similar issue on his 997 I see. I thought sound but maybe water belt issue? Frustrated I just got it and this was not disclosed.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ing-sound.html

Old 03-09-2014, 05:46 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Scour this forum for recommended service / dealers in your area and take it in.
They are all pretty good about warranty work.

Also make sure you have the latest software updates and "campaign" applied to your baby.

Take care of your new service adviser and he too shall take of you...

Old 03-10-2014, 06:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NYU02
First, I must say this car is a beast! Beautiful from front to back. I will go into some basic questions in a bit, but I have some mechanical issues I want to make sure are not major. I found the car I want with only 2k miles in Cleveland (i'm in NYC), so I bought it out of state without going to see the car. Of course I was sent pictures and carfax etc. I will say, DO NOT buy from Porsche Beachwood. Horrific experience, which you will see in reviews in the future. Just to give you a taste, the mailed me someone else's personal information and order - his social, income, address, job, you name it. AND that is just the beginning.

Anyway, so I got the car. Here are my main questions: 1) When I tap the gas or when the car is slowing down, there is a squeaking/chirping noise coping from the fan. its irregular and def not normal. Has anyone had this issue? Just a loose fan or belt? 2) There is a indention on the passenger seat, right in the middle, about the size of a quarter. Covered by warranty, right? Of course, the dealer said with 2k miles the car was flawless, but it was far from it. It looks and still smells brand new, but these issues should have been disclosed.

Anyway, I love the car - the look, the drive, everything! I couldn't get out for over an hour just now. A bit nervous about city streets, but I will adjust.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,
NYU02

Hey you may want to talk to the Cleveland manager and have him coordinate with your local dealer to fix the seat. AND that fan issue doesn't sound good to me. I'd take that sucker in too sweet.

You may also want to get a PPI done just for piece of mind.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:19 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
FYI I think there was a recall on the cooling fan assemblies above the engine. Check it out.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:26 AM
Thanks everyone!

I think it is the cooling fan belt as mentioned it that video I sent - sounds the same. I'm told if it is that, its a quick fix, but I will also ask about the recall. Just very frustrating to have this happen right when i've been waiting for the car for a month! I guess minor in the grand scheme of life. As far as the seat goes, I am working with the manager to replace as well.

Thank you for all your replies. I'll let you know what it is, but if you have a chance, listen to that video of the sound. If you google it, it sounds like a common problem. Just so annoyed! I want to enjoy my car already!!!

Old 03-11-2014, 05:32 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the new car! You've got a warranty for several years, so don't get too worked up over minor mechanical issues. They'll take care of you.