Starting to really like my Master Blaster.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 03:49 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Starting to really like my Master Blaster.

I bought this before I got my 911, and I had some buyer's remorse, thinking I would never use it. But I washed the car today, and it worked really well. I think I am starting to like it. I don't use any of the attachments, but it really gets the water off.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
An expensive alternative to soft microfiber towels I guess.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:00 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
An expensive alternative to soft microfiber towels I guess.
Yup, a no touch alternative as well. Although, I bought my MB off ebay, and I got it for $295 shipped. A bit cheaper than the popular online auto supply places.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:04 PM
bboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nice
I use mine to get 95% of the water off... Just need one towel for the rest (door jams, under the hood, etc)... One of the best investments I made and car is scratch free... Can't recommend more...

Old 03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by bboerit
I use mine to get 95% of the water off... Just need one towel for the rest (door jams, under the hood, etc)... One of the best investments I made and car is scratch free... Can't recommend more...
That is what I did today, just one towel for the jambs, etc as you said. Our water in Atlanta comes out of the tap at TDS 38 ppm, which is quite soft, so there is minimal streaking to start with.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Love mine! Yes, a great touchless way to dry your vehicle without the risk of any micro-marring.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:04 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
I actually sent Moe at Glistening Perfection, an incredible Professional Detailer, a message asking him his opinion of this product. He hasn't had time to reply yet, but I am curious if those that use it think it is better than a leaf blower. I have been using a Stihl Gas Powered Leaf Blower for years with no problems, but have been considering a Master Blaster. A couple of things have kept me from purchasing: 1) Will The cord and hose be a pain, when I am used to the freedom of my Gas Powered Blower? 2) Is it really better than my current process?

Maybe those that use it can help me decide/justify the cost. Look forward to your comments/opinions.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:04 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
A great touchless way to dry your vehicle without the risk of any micro-marring.
And do you apply your soapy water touchlessly too to avoid 'micro-marring'?

Old 03-23-2014, 10:12 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Not bad but I use 0PPM DI water which eliminates need to dry entirely.

That's even more touch less because the blower still risks sand or dust in air being blasted against paint. DI water enables natural air drying without blasting unfiltered air at car.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
hawc! I do! Foam gun/cannon. In all seriously...No. I do use a wash mitt/etc. However, in my opinion, and mine only, I feel that while washing, the mitt/etc is much more less likely to 'mar' due to the heavy lubrication of your wash medium/soap/etc than during the drying process.

Again, just my opinion.

dhill: the only negative that I have heard about using a leaf blower is that you could potentially blow either oil/gas/combo onto your vehicles finish. The master blaster is filtered warmed air.

I don't find the extension cord or hose end a pain in the @ss to use. You just work it into your regiment of washing/detailing/etc.

There are so many opinions/views/ideas/etc on detailing...

The BEST advice/words of wisdom I have heard/read was/is: Use what works for YOU...and gives YOU the results that YOU are looking for. Enjoy it and enjoy the results. And drive your car!

Old 03-23-2014, 11:06 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Looks like a great product.
Probably better than my mere 240MPH electric leaf blower.

How secure do those nozzles attach?
I hate to have one go projectile into a body panel.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by dhill911
I actually sent Moe at Glistening Perfection, an incredible Professional Detailer, a message asking him his opinion of this product. He hasn't had time to reply yet, but I am curious if those that use it think it is better than a leaf blower. I have been using a Stihl Gas Powered Leaf Blower for years with no problems, but have been considering a Master Blaster. A couple of things have kept me from purchasing: 1) Will The cord and hose be a pain, when I am used to the freedom of my Gas Powered Blower? 2) Is it really better than my current process?

Maybe those that use it can help me decide/justify the cost. Look forward to your comments/opinions.

I haven't found the cord, etc., to be an issue. I keep an extension cord coiled on a hook in the garage, and I plug it to the blaster. The Blaster has wheels so it just pulls along. I have the optional hanging kit, and the Blaster hangs on the wall next to my garage workbench when not in use.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a gas blower flow the exhaust out with the air? Aren't you, in effect, blowing smoke and oily byproducts of combustion right onto your clean car with a gas blower, particularly a 2 cycle? I think I would use an electric blower if I used one at all.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by lunarx
Looks like a great product.
Probably better than my mere 240MPH electric leaf blower.

How secure do those nozzles attach?
I hate to have one go projectile into a body panel.

Electric leaf blowers work. I've used them myself. The Blaster is a bit more maneuverable for blowing off the roof/hood/boot areas since you are just holding the hose end. Does a great job on the wheels/breaks.

Nozzle is very secure. Ultra tight fit, with a metal hose clamp as well.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Not bad but I use 0PPM DI water which eliminates need to dry entirely.

That's even more touch less because the blower still risks sand or dust in air being blasted against paint. DI water enables natural air drying without blasting unfiltered air at car.

The blaster air is filtered. Our tap water doesn't streak, actually, but I couldn't just leave the car with water pooled behind the mirrors, sitting in the door jambs, trunk, hood, etc, if that is what you do. DI or not.

I looked into a DI car wash system myself, and frankly, it is just not needed in my area. Not worth the cost.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 AM
bboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nice
CR Spotless deionizer plus Master Blaster... Two got-to-have products... No brainers to me and you won't be sorry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Starting to really like my Master Blaster.