AWE Switchpath exhaust install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:47 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
AWE Switchpath exhaust install

My AWE exhaust arrived today, will put it on this weekend in my garage. Question - has anyone done this personally on their 991? If you have, did you remove the rear bumper cover? I'd like to install without taking off the cover if its possible.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:51 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Check Matt's journal, p15. One of the best write ups I have seen: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ournal-15.html

Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
You don't need to remove the bumper. It's a rather easy install. Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you my phone number to call if you want to talk about it.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
+1 Matt's write is excellent for the DIY'er. And you shouldn't have to take the rear cover off at all....

Make sure to do a write-up once you finish the install with your impressions! thanks!

Old 05-30-2014, 08:40 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent! Thanks guys, looks like a breeze - I'll pop in on this weekend and maybe get the Go Pro out and do a video on it. Great write up, Matt.

-Duane

Old 04-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Larry Cable is on a distinguished road
I dont see how you can safely disconnect the factory vacuum line w/o removing the bumper cover and heat shield ...

I can barely get my hands up in there and I am afraid to break something.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:07 AM
DocM is on a distinguished road
I confirm Easy job without removing the rear bumper. The vacuum lines are really easy to access underneath with the car on a lift.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Larry Cable is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DocM
I confirm Easy job without removing the rear bumper. The vacuum lines are really easy to access underneath with the car on a lift.
thats not the problem I am having, I had the car up on jackstands and could
see the 'engine end' of the line, the actuator end is not visible (or very
accessible, regardless of how high the car is off the ground) and both ends
of the line are I believe crimped on ...

I could barely get my hand into the space at the actuator end, but I could not
get either end to move ... I just dont see how to safely detach the line at
either end without removing the bumper to gain better access to the line to
remove it w/o damaging either the line or the connectors...

Old 04-27-2017, 07:49 PM
MHarris is on a distinguished road
I can also confirm, no reason to remove the rear bumper. I installed yesterday using the method above with 2 jacks and 2 pair ramps. I found the X-wide Rhino Ramps on sale for $44 per pair! Nice.