Interesting development (TT owner still dreaming of C4S)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Interesting development (TT owner still dreaming of C4S)

So, I've had my 14 TT for about 2.5 months. Put almost 3K miles on the car, including 700 on the ride back from Knoxville to NJ. The car is stupid fast and the torque is amazing, which is something that I always thought was missing on my 13 C4S. For example, come to stop sign, you know the kind you sort of stop when making a left/right with no cars coming, the C4S, would be in 2nd gear and it would take a bit to get moving. Down shifting would be a bit rough in this case but.. you get the point.

The TT is very quiet, a bit too much attention for me with the scoops and wing and living in NNJ, really quite unnecessary.... plus obviously not as connected being turbo, plus a bit heavier, which is noticeable.

Don't get me wrong, its a great car, but not sure it's a great "fit" for me, especially at the price.... the mags got it right..... the car is so good, that its too good.... if you get it.

Not sure what I'm going to do. Probably nothing for a bit. Pretty sure I don't want a .2 TT car. Maybe look for a pre-owned GTS over the winter/spring...

This is just my opinion and thought you guys would be interested.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:38 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Totally agree .. had one TT and now two C4S ..

Old 10-19-2015, 09:43 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
I have weighed in several times on this as well. I understand your feedback and the TT is not for everyone. I had a 991 C2 for a year and a half before getting my TT. It was certainly lighter, more nimble, had lighter steering and was more engaging winding it out past 4k all the time to get power out of the car. I really enjoyed the car. That does come with a downside though too. For the money a 100k C2 should not be beat on the street by cars half its cost left and right and the same goes for a S and C4S.

As a daily driver though the TT is the ultimate car. As you stated its biggest fault is that its overly capable and on the street its hard to even approach its limits. I agree. For those who says the TT is too serious and does not provide much emotion...I always have a smile ear to ear when I see other cars in my rear view mirror.

I think with the new 991.2 coming out which will be turbo charged it changes the complexion of the comparison. The end of the NA C4S just means you have a less powerful Turbo charged awd 911.

If I were to get another 991( that was not a Turbo or GT3) it would have to be the GTS. I think Porsche nailed it with that car.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 10-19-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
I have weighed in several times on this as well. I understand your feedback and the TT is not for everyone. I had a 991 C2 for a year and a half before getting my TT. It was certainly lighter, more nimble, had lighter steering and was more engaging winding it out past 4k all the time to get power out of the car. I really enjoyed the car. That does come with a downside though too. For the money a 100k C2 should not be beat on the street by cars half its cost left and right and the same goes for a S and C4S.

As a daily driver though the TT is the ultimate car. As you stated its biggest fault is that its overly capable and on the street its hard to even approach its limits. I agree. For those who says the TT is too serious and does not provide much emotion...I always have a smile ear to ear when I see other cars in my rear view mirror.

I think with the new 991.2 coming out which will be turbo charged it changes the complexion of the comparison. The end of the NA C4S just means you have a less powerful Turbo charged awd 911.

If I were to get another 991( that was not a Turbo or GT3) it would have to be the GTS. I think Porsche nailed it with that car.
I agree with your comments. Specifically that for 135K (MSRP on my C4S) the 911 "should" have more power, but as well all know, the 911 is not all about being the fastest, etc. My C4S was loaded (PSE, SC, PDCC, etc.) so it handled great. There were times that I wanted my C4S to have more power and that is the reason I ended up in the TT....

I will continue to enjoy my TT for the next few months and see where I'm at. I might even consider a third car (I have a SUV) which would be a NA 6 speed manual... maybe a 997 to beat the crap out of.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:10 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Michael_s
I agree with your comments. Specifically that for 135K (MSRP on my C4S) the 911 "should" have more power, but as well all know, the 911 is not all about being the fastest, etc. My C4S was loaded (PSE, SC, PDCC, etc.) so it handled great. There were times that I wanted my C4S to have more power and that is the reason I ended up in the TT....

I will continue to enjoy my TT for the next few months and see where I'm at. I might even consider a third car (I have a SUV) which would be a NA 6 speed manual... maybe a 997 to beat the crap out of.
Michael, IMO, owning a 997 makes no sense if you already have a 991. I think an air-cooled, cobra, or something else might bring you a lot more pleasure.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Michael, IMO, owning a 997 makes no sense if you already have a 991. I think an air-cooled, cobra, or something else might bring you a lot more pleasure.
Thanks for suggestions... shopping is half the fun

Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 AM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
It's funny you posted this, I had a very similar experience about 2 months after getting my TT. I missed the NA sound of my 991S, and I missed the feeling of running the engine above 4k to feel power. I almost felt like the TT is "too fast" which I never thought I would say. When the hell is a car "too fast"....lol

But the Tt does everything sooo right, it's the perfect car. EXCEPT I missed the sound of the NA 991S...so I got the eurpipe. PERFECT. Sounds like it should have come like this from the factory.

Then I got the COBB tune. Sure, the car has enough power to begin with, why add more? The tune changed some of the dynamics of the car. It is soooo enjoyable to drive now, all the time. Just tooling around town it's perfect. Spirited driving is even better.

I have a suggestion: Drive my car. Maybe all you need is a tune and some Europipe to hold you off for another year until you get the itch again

Old 10-20-2015, 10:25 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmorgan911
It's funny you posted this, I had a very similar experience about 2 months after getting my TT. I missed the NA sound of my 991S, and I missed the feeling of running the engine above 4k to feel power. I almost felt like the TT is "too fast" which I never thought I would say. When the hell is a car "too fast"....lol

But the Tt does everything sooo right, it's the perfect car. EXCEPT I missed the sound of the NA 991S...so I got the eurpipe. PERFECT. Sounds like it should have come like this from the factory.

Then I got the COBB tune. Sure, the car has enough power to begin with, why add more? The tune changed some of the dynamics of the car. It is soooo enjoyable to drive now, all the time. Just tooling around town it's perfect. Spirited driving is even better.

I have a suggestion: Drive my car. Maybe all you need is a tune and some Europipe to hold you off for another year until you get the itch again

I get it. I also have the Europipe and love it. The car is great but even if slower there are some days I would not mind a GTS w a 7 speed manual.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Old 10-20-2015, 03:33 PM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
I love hearing stuff like this. I think 400hp is already plenty enough and honestly don't see myself buying cars with dramatically more hp. Now I'm looking at adding sti's and miatas to the garage. What the heck am I gonna do with 560hp on the street?!

Old 10-20-2015, 03:57 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
I love hearing stuff like this. I think 400hp is already plenty enough and honestly don't see myself buying cars with dramatically more hp. Now I'm looking at adding sti's and miatas to the garage. What the heck am I gonna do with 560hp on the street?!
Agreed. At some point I think it becomes simply about being able to say I have "500+ hp". The 911 has always punched above its HP weight class. That being said how accurate is the 400hp?

The new m3/m4 rated at 425 have been shown to closer to 450 (m5 close to 600) which does explain their acceleration numbers (though a bit dishonest on BMW's part if I do say so myself).

Old 10-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by jmorgan911

Let's do it.... I was thinking of the tune and exhaust but hesitant to put more cash into it. Don't get me wrong, I love the TT, it's just too good... maybe the tune will add some edge to it?

Old 10-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Let's do it.... I was thinking of the tune and exhaust but hesitant to put more cash into it. Don't get me wrong, I love the TT, it's just too good... maybe the tune will add some edge to it?
The tune would be great but I would start with the Europipe. It made a big difference in giving the car more character.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
The tune would be great but I would start with the Europipe. It made a big difference in giving the car more character.
Okay... thanks.. EP the only way to go? I know there are options but let's cut to the chase....

Old 10-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Okay... thanks.. EP the only way to go? I know there are options but let's cut to the chase....
Ha I guess I just have tunnel vision but there are a handful of good options. I'd go for a drive with a member who already has one before you sink anymore money into the car though. Best of luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interesting development (TT owner still dreaming of C4S)