Trading 2014 C4S Cab for Macan Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Richard911 is on a distinguished road
Trading 2014 C4S Cab for Macan Turbo

For those that have done it: Thoughts? After two years in the Cab and a back that is getting I hate to say older, I am seriously considering a move to a Macan. I love the Cab (my fourth: 991, 996, 997) and wonder how bad my withdrawal symptom might be. I have also had a Cayenne GTS, OK a bit boring and a Panamera GTS, too big for just me as a daily driver.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:31 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Based on previous threads by other users, I don't think you'll get too many objective responses (especially being on a 911 forum).

NSX, R8 and Aston Martin inquiries have all been equally chided, but perhaps the fact that you're keeping it in the Porsche family will keep things objective.

The 911 is a pain to get out of and requires flexibility and baseline gymnastics. The drive can be jarring at times, and I'm sure your back isn't getting any better.

I've heard good things about the Macan S, but at the end of the day your physical well-being trumps all potential withdrawal symptoms.

Your body is obviously telling you something, so do the right thing and listen to it...

Best of luck.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:09 PM
drsubie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Richard911
For those that have done it: Thoughts? After two years in the Cab and a back that is getting I hate to say older, I am seriously considering a move to a Macan. I love the Cab (my fourth: 991, 996, 997) and wonder how bad my withdrawal symptom might be. I have also had a Cayenne GTS, OK a bit boring and a Panamera GTS, too big for just me as a daily driver.
From a pure ergonomic perspective, there can't be any comparison: the Macan will be easier to live with, and drive day-to-day. I can't directly compare, but my wife has a Audi Q5, and while much easier to live with, it's watch-paint-dry boring.

Assuming you are financially in a good position, I'd keep the 991 and get the Macan. No reason to take a huge financial hit on a trade in, then after a few months realize that the Macan, despite the Porsche pedigree, is still just a SUV (much like your Cayenne GTS was).

Put it this way: if you thought your Cayenne GTS was boring, a Macan Turbo would probably provide the same sentiment...

Old 10-19-2015, 01:37 PM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
I went from a 2013 c2s to a turbo macan. Its ok, but not the 911. Than went back to a 2015 c4s. You might be hating life. Lol

Old 10-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Depending on your cash flow and net worth, I would say keep the 991 Cab and get an SUV, Porsche , or something else. I live in the Detroit area and have my cab for the nice weather months and drive a 2015 Cadillac SRX crossover for those days when I need a break (RARELY), rainy days and the winter months…or when I have meetings and don't want to pull up in a 911.

I regretted selling my 996 cab and getting a Jaguar XK Convertible. I sure missed the thrill of the Porsche. My next car was a 996 TT Cab. Porsche (911) there is no substitute!

Old 10-19-2015, 06:09 PM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Richard911
You are worrying the heck out of me now. There is a C4S Cab on the ocean on the way here that I have a deposit on. I am trading my PTT in for it because I've always wanted a 911. I don't have a very good back either and at 48 I figured that if I will ever get one now is the time. Please tell me I haven't made a bad decision!!!!!

Old 10-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
I am lucky enough to have my 911 and a macan turbo. The macan is the most fun SUV that I have driven, but as stated, it is still a SUV. I do enjoy driving it but love getting into my 911.. They are from 2 different worlds.
I have seen some macan owners say this is the 911 of SUV's but generally the ones saying this do not nor have ever owned a 911
I would try everything possible to keep the 911 and then if the cash is not there for a turbo, maybe a S?

Old 10-20-2015, 01:39 AM
strongeroy is on a distinguished road
The drive can be jarring at times, and I'm sure your back isn't getting any better.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:03 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Here's what I did, having the same dilemma.....not wealthy enough to have two high-end vehicles for my own use, I decided to keep my 2014 Carrrea S Cab and supplemented it with a '13 Ford Escape with 35K miles on it that I bought for $ 26K that came off lease from a single prior owner. In effect, having my cake and eating it, too. Surprisingly, you can get a lot of bling in the Escape if you get the top of the line Titanium Edition. While it may not have the panache of a Macan, it sure does make a decent daily driver and winter ride. I like it far more than I thought I would, and it may be the easiest vehicle you can buy to get in and out of as well (yes, I'm 61 and achy now, too).

Plus it has a Turbo in it.

Name:  IMG_3770_zpsn6vsvqjt.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  3.09 MB

Last edited by drcollie; 10-20-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I am lucky enough to have both a 991 C2S (X51) Cab and a Macan Turbo which is my driver. Both do their respective jobs perfectly but the Macan would not ever be my only Porsche as I prefer a "sports car" as my hobby car.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Well tomorrow is a trip to dealer and then I will decide or not. Every time i get in the 991 it brings a smile to my face. Great on long trips. Only issue is extraction from the car. Always run in Sport mode and the sound of the exhaust especially with the top down is pure music.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:11 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is an unknown quantity at this point
Curious what the stealer will give you for your 991 c4s cab. you may want to post it for sale here instead of just trading it in.
Please send me a message with the info on the 991 c4s cab .
looking at your signature it shows you also have a 2016 s550 why not just drive that everyday and keep the 991 cab ?

Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Trade is done. Basically Even money for a loaded +104K Macan Turbo

Old 10-25-2015, 06:50 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats - I hope your back appreciates the trade.
No point owning a car that literally hurts you.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:03 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Pictures? Looking at selling my 2010 C4S 6 speed coupe to move into a Macan turbo too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading 2014 C4S Cab for Macan Turbo