Does Porsche discount special orders?...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Cwolf is on a distinguished road
Does Porsche discount special orders?...

Thinking about ordering a 2017 GTS with a manual. Appreciate any insight into how much your dealer discounted any 991 special order. I know if it's on the lot, they will bargain for the most part, but have zero experience with an ordering. On a side note, saw a nite blue metallic GTS at a local dealer the other day and that is a great color...was a PDK though.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:26 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Yes, I received a 4% discount on a special order Cayman S two years ago. I know you can do better than that.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Cwolf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4pipes
Yes, I received a 4% discount on a special order Cayman S two years ago. I know you can do better than that.

Right. My friend who is a GM at another brand talked to his peer at the Porsche dealer (all part of the same dealership "family"), and if I recall, they were going to give him $14k off a $130k 911 (on the lot) which is a little over 10%. Always better if it's on the lot, but as you said, I am sure they will deal some on a special order as well. Especially if you can walk away.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Special order: $5000 off a $132k Panamera GTS and was offered about the same off a special order 2015 911 GTS.

On the lot: I got $10k off a $138k GTS.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:06 PM
yojeffo is an unknown quantity at this point
2018 C4S Cab special order ($151,000) just came out of production and it's on the boat. Got 7.5% but believe 8% was possible.
Damn... wish I could afford it

Old 06-07-2017, 05:17 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Porsche does not discount anything. The dealer has to work it out and they can discount or not based on business and relationship with the buyer.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:15 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Another factor: try buying at the end of a fiscal quarter...sales managers sometimes get bonuses for cars sold. So, end March, end June, end Sept, end of the year...

Old 06-08-2017, 07:40 PM
mrveda is an unknown quantity at this point
Discounts

Yes standard discount is 5% from almost all dealers in Fl when ordering to build - even over a phone call. I wish I had asked for 10% like many forum members seemed to have achieved.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Yes, they do. Shop around and make dealers compete with one another. Many will not play that game, but patience (read "almost 9% off) pays off.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:26 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
6%. but that was a 2012 car special ordered....

Old 06-17-2017, 10:08 AM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Your geographic location is the key. Areas where the model you want is hard to sell will often give you a large discount, and some areas have no trouble selling all of their allocations for full price or very near to it. Yes you can get a discount but how much is another question. And if a person has a trade in, discount numbers can be gamed.

If you are happy to buy out of state and pay transport costs you will save more, but that's not the answer for everyone.

A reasonable way is to do some quick inquiries and shop around, figure out what you consider to be a good deal all things considered, then approach your local dealer with an offer you feel is fair. If they can't meet it, get the car shipped in from elsewhere with a bit stronger discount for your trouble.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:25 PM
usmcbooda is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been trying in different locations as I am looking to order a Turbo but it seems as most dealers are not offering anything, probably due to wanting to get rid of the panameras on the lot to make room for the 2018s they will be receiving. I did get offered "2-3"% at a local dealership but many have not seemed to offer anything except a salesman saying they can help type of deal..

Old 07-16-2017, 12:00 AM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
They've cut supply on the 991.2 TT and TTS, so discounts have been more modest than they were with the 991.1 TT and TTS. My TT discount was 2.2% and I took delivery late last year. They also booked the private sale of my last car as a trade in to give me the tax credit; I did pay a doc fee. It seems like most of them are selling at MSRP or with a small discount (<3%). The best I've heard of for an order was either 5 or 6% - I've heard of a few at 5%. If the deal is not local though figure in transport costs and you might be back to square one.

Discounts on a car in dealership stock can be quite a bit better, but that's a different matter. Good for a lease.

Last edited by _ace_; 07-16-2017 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:25 PM
Feh
Feh is an unknown quantity at this point
I got 4.9% off a 991.2 S off the lot ($129.9k down to $123.5k), not too bad, but they wouldn't budge below that.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:05 PM
usmcbooda is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got 8% off panamera turbo build

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.