New to the Porsche Family - CPO 991.1 GTS

Old 06-23-2017, 04:34 AM
GS6Speed will become famous soon enough
Smile New to the Porsche Family - CPO 991.1 GTS

As I sit here on the 5:39am train from LI to NY and then NY to NJ to pickup my 2015 991.1 GTS Coupe I figured I would introduce myself. I have been following this forum for many years now and have actively been looking for a 991 for about two years. I found a car that met most (wish it had the sport design side view mirrors and the PDCC) of my criteria about a week ago. I have come to realize that these cars move from the lot relatively fast so I quickly decided that this could be the one and I made the 3.5 hour drive out to Princeton NJ for a test drive. Not long thereafter I had negotiated a deal that I thought was fair for the vehicle, considering what it is and the options it has. Mind you, that this has been the 1st and only Porsche I had ever test driven, so safe to say I knew what I wanted.

The excitement of owning my first Porsche is uncontrollable and I look forward to the many years of joy that this car will bring me.

The car is a CPO being purchased from Porsche of Princeton NJ. The original owner had purchased the car there new and traded it in for another vehicle. The sales rep, Nelson Pires is a great guy to deal with and would recommend you see him if you were to buy a car from that dealer. A very professional and personable individual.

This GTS currently has less than 5K miles and is optioned with the following....
  • 7 Speed Manual
  • Jet Black Metalic
  • Premium package 18 Way adaptive sport seats plus (leather with alcantara)
  • Sport seats plus backrest shells in leather
  • PASM sport suspension
  • White gauges
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Park assist front and rear
  • Power folding mirrors
  • Glass sunroof
  • Bose audio

More pics to follow.

Last edited by GS6Speed; 06-23-2017 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:19 AM
Jim f is on a distinguished road
Congratulations. I know the feeling. I bought my first one 2 years ago. It's even better than you think it will be. These are great cars.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Your first Porsche is a 991 GTS! Not a bad beginning at all! Congratulations and enjoy!

Old 06-23-2017, 05:48 PM

Old 06-23-2017, 05:58 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Please don't leave the spoiler up when parked. Purists will wince.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by r11rs
Please don't leave the spoiler up when parked. Purists will wince.
I leave mine on automatic, but see a lot of that out here in Los Angeles.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the tip about the spoiler. I was playing with all the buttons on my trip home. Didn't even think about it like that.

Getting back to the reason for the thread. Thank you for the kind words. The car is simply amazing and I couldn't have been any happier with this fine machine.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
very nice, did you press the "Sport Plus" button yet? My car profile below is wrong. I have a 2015 very similar to yours, but a cab and PDK, Enjoy.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:56 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Nice setup!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:33 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Looks really nice - did you drive the PDK before going manual? It's worth the time to compare.

You could:

paint the fire extinguisher white with black script to match the gauges
black out / paint the rear bumper reflectors
purchase the OEM clear front side markers
purchase the OEM clear rear tail lights
do some contrasting red seat belts
tint the windows a tad
buy the Dynaudio tweeters Nick sells to make that Bose system sound decent.

well done for a first. kudos.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:12 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Congrats! Very nice!!! Enjoy!

Old 06-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Forujames
very nice, did you press the "Sport Plus" button yet? My car profile below is wrong. I have a 2015 very similar to yours, but a cab and PDK, Enjoy.

I certainly did! Very nice option and was certainly impressed to actually feel the difference. By nature I tend to rev match when downshifting so during the test drive the salesman neglected to mention that sports plus auto rev's. While I had switched to sport plus I had rev matched during the down shift and then to my surprise the car had also rev matched in response.....it caught me completely off-guard. Its a nice feature.

The enhanced exhaust "rasp" really puts a smile on my face.

Originally Posted by chance6
Nice setup!

Thank you, sir!

Originally Posted by r11rs
Looks really nice - did you drive the PDK before going manual? It's worth the time to compare.

You could:

paint the fire extinguisher white with black script to match the gauges
black out / paint the rear bumper reflectors
purchase the OEM clear front side markers
purchase the OEM clear rear tail lights
do some contrasting red seat belts
tint the windows a tad
buy the Dynaudio tweeters Nick sells to make that Bose system sound decent.

well done for a first. kudos.

Thank you. Nice idea for the extinguisher.

I didn't even bother trying out the PDK. I had my mind set on the manual although I did hear good things about the PDK. Just my own personal preference.

At this time I intend on keeping it stock for the most part. Red seat belts and red dials was on my wish list but came to the realization that unless I was building a new 2017 GTS that I would have to settle on not having some of my "wish-list" items.

Tints and exhaust are a consideration but I'm not in an immediate rush to change anything just yet. As for the taillights, I like the red and black accents. If the car were white than I would certainly go with clear taillights.

Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
Wow! Congrats! Very nice!!! Enjoy!

Thank you....enjoying it to the fullest so far.

Last edited by GS6Speed; 06-27-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:23 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GS6Speed
I certainly did! Very nice option and was certainly impressed to actually feel the difference. By nature I tend to rev match when downshifting so during the test drive the salesman neglected to mention that sports plus auto rev's. While I had switched to sport plus I had rev matched during the down shift and then to my surprise the car had also rev matched in response.....it caught me completely off-guard. Its a nice feature.

The enhanced exhaust "rasp" really puts a smile on my face.

Thank you, sir!

Thank you. Nice idea for the extinguisher.

I didn't even bother trying out the PDK. I had my mind set on the manual although I did hear good things about the PDK. Just my own personal preference.

At this time I intend on keeping it stock for the most part. Red seat belts and red dials was on my wish list but came to the realization that unless I was building a new 2017 GTS that I would have to settle on not having some of my "wish-list" items.

Tints and exhaust are a consideration but I'm not in an immediate rush to change anything just yet. As for the taillights, I like the red and black accents. If the car were white than I would certainly go with clear taillights.

Thank you....enjoying it to the fullest so far.
Congrats !!! Regarding manual or PDK -- I have driven and love both equally . I'm in a 991.2 GTS and since it was the first my dealership received and was PDK I said "yes please" . I would have done the same with a manual 7.

I;m on my 15th Porsche and they are like potato chips . One leads to another and you happen to have a great one !!

Enjoy the ride and welcome !!

Old 06-29-2017, 01:40 PM
dvg 335 is an unknown quantity at this point
OP - Beautiful car, enjoy it in good health.

Dave

Last edited by dvg 335; 06-29-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:52 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Congrats!! beautiful.
I'm testing a 2015 GTS coupe w/ pdk tomorrow a.m.
Looks like its twin except for wheels (bolts).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.