Shipping across country

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 11:24 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Shipping across country

May be relocating across country (southern Calif > central Florida) soon... Starting to investigate shipping my 991..

Anyone with advice on shipping...? I know I want to have it in a covered carrier.. but what else should I be looking for and how much can I expect it to cost?

And no I'm not going to drive it as much as I'd like to do so.. I'll already be driving the SUV with the wife and Large dog.. and won't have time for another solo run...

When I do ship, should I consider wrapping it somehow or just put my car cover on it when they load it into a covered trailer?

Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 AM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Intercity & Reliable is who I use. Shipped quite a few concours cars with both coast to coast without a problem. Never used a car cover as I was afraid of them rubbing the paint. Never needed anything done to them upon delivery but a bath. Both have GPS tracking in route.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:03 PM
charles06 is on a distinguished road
Exotic Car Transport is located in Central Florida. The tricky part with that far of a move is that the local carriers to you are not local to us, so their routes from Cali to Fl will be fairly limited. They need to be moving quite a few vehicles from one side of the country to the other for it to be worth their time/money.

Here's the number for Exotic (407) 654-9949. I've used them to ship all sorts of high-end vehicles.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:28 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by does195
Intercity & Reliable is who I use. Shipped quite a few concours cars with both coast to coast without a problem. Never used a car cover as I was afraid of them rubbing the paint. Never needed anything done to them upon delivery but a bath. Both have GPS tracking in route.
I've used both, Excellent
They had a cover for each car

Old 08-30-2017, 11:42 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Appreciate the recommendation! I'm going to check them out.

Any ballpark guesses as to the cost I can expect for a coast to coast shipment?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by charles06
Exotic Car Transport is located in Central Florida. The tricky part with that far of a move is that the local carriers to you are not local to us, so their routes from Cali to Fl will be fairly limited. They need to be moving quite a few vehicles from one side of the country to the other for it to be worth their time/money.

Here's the number for Exotic (407) 654-9949. I've used them to ship all sorts of high-end vehicles.
Thanks, I'll check them out as well! And thanks for the phone #.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Thanks all for the input.. Now at least I've got a starting point!

Old 08-31-2017, 07:54 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by scatkins
Appreciate the recommendation! I'm going to check them out.

Any ballpark guesses as to the cost I can expect for a coast to coast shipment?
$1300 to $2000

Old 08-31-2017, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by eldertec
$1300 to $2000
Thanks!

Old 08-31-2017, 05:00 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
This isn't only about money. The main point is to get a carrier that's not stacked, and enclosed, and ideally only holds 1 or 2 cars end to end. The more times the carrier moves your car around, the more easily it can be damaged.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:48 PM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eldertec
$1300 to $2000
Coast to coast for $2000? Sanford and sons?

Old 09-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Coast to coast for $2000? Sanford and sons?
I've done it with Reliable and Intercity, and they do most of the major auctions

Old 09-02-2017, 05:25 AM
mikeva will become famous soon enoughmikeva will become famous soon enough
IIRC my Cayenne cost me about $2300 from Utah to VA earlier this year with Intercity ... don't have access to the exact bill right now but it was right around that number....

Old 09-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by mikeva
IIRC my Cayenne cost me about $2300 from Utah to VA earlier this year with Intercity ... don't have access to the exact bill right now but it was right around that number....
Many factors involved...route...time of year...

Old 09-02-2017, 10:09 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I've used Montway many times.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.