bring on the cold weather...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:50 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
bring on the cold weather...

Having a total blast driving my car this past week having switched to the winter rubber - Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 N specs.

This is the first time I haven't downsized the winter tires. Add to that the cooler ambient temps producing max hp, and the car absolutely rips.

If anyone is on the fence about getting winters, do it. To me, what differentiates porsche sports cars from other excellent sports cars (Ferraris, Astons etc..) is that they are specifically designed to allow the driver to access more of the performance more of the time. And that's exactly what winter tires permit aside from obvious benefits in snow/ice. It's almost like cheating physics (even further LOL).

In any event, enjoy the changing seasons.

DRP

Last edited by drspeed; 11-08-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:17 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
I’m in my 4th season in the same set of alpins, love them, better than the P0. The turbos love the cold air...

Old 11-10-2017, 09:55 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Yes!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo534.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	800.3 KB
ID:	515849   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo279.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	824.3 KB
ID:	515850  
Old 11-11-2017, 06:04 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
I don’t always drive in the snow, when I do, I use Alpins
Stay frosty, my friends...

Last edited by John McLane; 11-11-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:08 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
fifth season with Pirelli Sotozero II tires. No problems at all. Went with 19 inch wheels and tires.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:19 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Pirellis

Originally Posted by rnl
fifth season with Pirelli Sotozero II tires. No problems at all. Went with 19 inch wheels and tires.
I used the 19 inch Pirellis as well for 4 winters. The Michelin’s are a noticeable improvement in the dry and in the snow. I’m only mentioning that for your consideration when it’s time to get new winters.

Regards,
DRP

Old 11-13-2017, 04:22 AM
Pirellis

Originally Posted by rnl
I used the 19 inch Pirellis as well for 4 winters. The Michelin’s are a noticeable improvement in the dry and in the snow. I’m only mentioning that for your consideration when it’s time to get new winters.

Regards,
DRP

Old 11-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Zmoney is on a distinguished road
Will be my 4th winter on Sottozero II's as well (2nd set of snow tires). I did not see any Michelins available for my fitment, I am going with 19" wheels for the winter on my 2016 C4S. Just had the winter wheels and tires put on today, grip in this 40F weather already feels a whole lot better and safer than my summers, obviously.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.