Auto start stop function not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 01:16 PM
cclcal is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto start stop function not working

Hello all

Im new here. Just received '13 S model.

Im aware of the dislike of the feature but just wanted to see why it's not working. I've had it work on a '13 cab but cannot get it to work on my car.
Yes, ive met all the requirements, AC off, live in San Diego...
Engine remains on regardless of start stop button on or off. The symbol does light up on dash w 3 dotted lines under it, as well as the one w the diagonal line going thru it.

Is there a fuse replacement or simple fix for this?

thanks!
craig

Old 12-18-2017, 01:29 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I'm no expert on it, but I believe that there are some variables that will prevent it from turning off and on, one of which is if the battery is weak or under heavy load. Also, will not work if you are in Sport mode or if you don't have seat belt on. There may be other conditions too - read the manual.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:42 PM
I read the manual, those requirements are interesting....not in sport mode, seat belt on...the only thing is I haven't checked the battery

Old 12-18-2017, 01:49 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
It will come on (or not) under a very specific set of circumstances.
Battery charge, engine temp, ambient temp, battery load etc etc.

I thought the same thing at you, until one day after a long drive on a relatively cool day it kicked in and worked as intended.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:08 PM
thanks!
ill play with it

Old 01-11-2018, 05:28 PM
sanjeev is on a distinguished road
more info on auto start stop

Hello all,
I too have wondered about this, since it doesn't seem like its obvious when it will work repeatedly or not. Having paid attention to it now for ~1 year (4 seasons), I've noticed the following:

- the engine has to be at operating temp, and it is not too cold outside. Note, during the winter around here, it takes a good 20 mins/15 miles+ for both the water and oil temps to reach operating temp.

- there appears to be some correlation with the recent drive cycle history. If the car is being used for many short trips (less than 20 mins?), I've noticed that start-stop becomes less frequent or likely to activate. However, after a longer drive (say a highway drive), it becomes very active. I suspect this has to do with programming which assures the combustion chamber is relatively clean, as would happen after a long highway drive.

Would be curious as to whether others have observed similar patterns.

- Sanjeev

Old 01-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Be happy it doesn't work. I hate that function on my car.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
One key for mine is that the car has to be fully warmed up. Coolant and oil temps. Porsche is careful about restarting engines with lower oil temps.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:29 PM
ok so im 100% sure ive met all the requirements as stated in the manual. Not on Sport/Sport+ mode, car is warmed up, etc.
Went to get battery tested, its a perfect 12.47 V.
So why doesnt Auto Start-Stop work? I have no clue. I thought maybe a fuse? However, the "A" w yellow circle does show up on my dash indicating Auto Start-Stop not working so not sure it's a fuse issue.
Like PorscheJeff said, not a big deal since it's not a significant function. I would just like all things to work on the car even if would never turn it on.

any other hints?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Weird - if you followed all requirements and battery is good, no idea what could be wrong. I'd suggest taking car in to dealer for checkup.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Weird - if you followed all requirements and battery is good, no idea what could be wrong. I'd suggest taking car in to dealer for checkup.
yeah, ill prob give the dealer a call or my local indy. but i may just save the diagnostic $ since I may not use the feature anyways....

Old 01-12-2018, 01:31 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
My guess is that you're above 9850 ft., or your windshield defrost is active.
Just two of the instances where *** is disabled. Description begins on pg. 46 in the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkmowmu127...20SIT.pdf?dl=0

Old 01-12-2018, 01:41 PM
hey thanks for the infobut unfortunately im down here near sea level in San Diego and defrost is not on....

Old 01-12-2018, 02:12 PM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
First thing I ever do is put my car in sport mode when I start it. I use normal mode only on highway drones, and when I either turn off auto stop or put it in sport mode when I am in an area with stops. If I could, I'd turn it off permanently. Hate.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:13 PM
steve-t is an unknown quantity at this point
I
Originally Posted by solipsistik
First thing I ever do is put my car in sport mode when I start it. I use normal mode only on highway drones, and when I either turn off auto stop or put it in sport mode when I am in an area with stops. If I could, I'd turn it off permanently. Hate.
I experienced the same thing with my 2012 sI brought it to be checked twice both times they told me it was ok. Then I let them keep it overnight and they determined it was the battery even thought it checked within spec. They replaced the battery and it has worked normally since

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto start stop function not working