TTS for gts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 10:15 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
TTS for gts?

I am thinking about trading my 2018 TTS for a 991.2 4gts. I love the torque of the TTS but dislike the vacuum sound of the turbos and haven’t been satisfied with my aftermarket exhaust so maybe the gts will give me better sound and no vacuum. Will I miss the torque? Has anyone went from a turbo to a gts? Thoughts?

Old 08-18-2018, 09:33 AM
Jaymax85 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a .2S with PSE and soul HFC
it does sound much better than any TTS that i have heard.. but sound is a very subjective thing. You need to make this decision after listening to a GTS.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:24 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
The torque down low is close but the TTS pulls longer and harder, which you should still enjoy in a GTS. I have a GTS 4 on order so for me possibly and others post some pics and details about your car here, and it may just create a discussion.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:18 AM
marlon 997 is an unknown quantity at this point
Isn't the 991.2 GTS a twin turbo engine? I drive a 991.2 S and the wheezing and whining of the turbos is noticeable. If the GTS 991.2 sounds similar, you might be disappointed.

Last edited by marlon 997; 08-19-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
It’s 516 lbs of tq vs 405 lbs of tq in the same rpm range. The TTS will pull much harder earlier and longer.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:01 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Come off the ledge man!! Unless you want a Targa 4 GTS, then I could see the appeal. Good luck with whichever way you go.

Maybe go GT3 Touring??

Old 08-19-2018, 01:48 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Should go on an extended test drive of the GTS before making a decision.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Which aftermarket exhaust do you own?

Old 08-19-2018, 05:36 PM
dbh
dbh is an unknown quantity at this point
Trading a '18 TTS for a GTS just because you don't like the sound (with a aftermarket exhaust) doesn't make sense on any level. There's got to be something else in play here.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:44 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dbh
Trading a '18 TTS for a GTS just because you don't like the sound (with a aftermarket exhaust) doesn't make sense on any level. There's got to be something else in play here.

It is not all about the exhaust. Firstly, I love the classic look of the nonturbo 911. Secondly,have some quality issues, one with a rear seat that rattles, that the dealer hasn’t been able to fix. Also, my window trim did not match up evenly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they scratched it up. They are going to get new trim and fix it but apparently the back side window has to be replaced when they do this ( not sure if this will cause other issues). And the shade covering the glass sunroof doesn’t close evenly but I am afraid to have them fix this for fear it will make it worse. So it’s a combination of a few minor quality issues that frustrate me about the car. I have had multiple Porsches and currently have a Panamera TTS and a Macan without any quality issues. I have had Ferraris, Aston Martins and Maseratis but I keep coming back to the Porsches and enjoy the 911 but maybe my car was built on a Friday?

Old 08-20-2018, 04:59 AM
jawwadh is on a distinguished road
Sounds like u need to find a different dealer vs a different car

Old 08-20-2018, 06:38 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jawwadh
Sounds like u need to find a different dealer vs a different car
absolutely.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:44 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
I will be going the other way, GTS for a TTS.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:58 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
the GTS is slow!!! - although I fell in love with Agate gray GTS cab a couple of years ago and the love story ended when I traded in for TT

Old 08-21-2018, 02:00 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Originally Posted by keeperofbeasts
the GTS is slow!!! - although I fell in love with Agate gray GTS cab a couple of years ago and the love story ended when I traded in for TT
The GTS is not as fast as a TT; however, it is not "slow".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TTS for gts?