100,000 Milestone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 01:31 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
100,000 Milestone

Long time, no posting. Just passed 100k miles last month and completed it in Keywest FL. Pretty much have had zero issues since the 2nd tranny replacement a couple yrs ago.... Until my horn went out Wednesday. Just need to decide to try to cover the remaining states we haven't driven it through or punt and maybe grab a new one.

Last edited by Chupacabra; 11-26-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:13 AM
.2fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you elaborate on the PDK replacements?

Old 11-24-2018, 10:20 AM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, good to hear the car is robust - but for the PDK issues. Barely have made it to 10000 miles on a .2 in just over a year's time. At what mileage were the trannies changed? did you get extended warranty/ Hoping to go 4-7 years on the current vehicle

Old 11-25-2018, 09:45 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Wow! That’s a statement! I’d be interested in learning more about what happened with the tranny. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:39 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Hey congrats! Awesome milestone!

I remember every detail of your pdk failure and replacement plus the trips that you made with your wife!

Don’t sell it, buy another one but this is a keeper!! ����

Old 11-26-2018, 05:51 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the link to my previous post about the Tranny issues. Since then there been zero issues.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...19#post3932219

Old 11-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
We were just there in Key West at the same time and I think I remember seeing it...not many down there. While I will never obtain such a milestone I respect those that are not afraid to do what the cars were meant to do, drive.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:17 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Do you use the rear wiper much? They are like hens teeth in the pre owned market.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:34 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!

Old 12-07-2018, 08:57 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Is PDK failure common for 991? I have 102k miles on the clock and just wondering if this is a common issue.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
That's a major caveat if i've ever seen one. All is great except two kidney transplants. How was everything else?

Old 12-24-2018, 07:33 PM
@PT Doc No the rear wiper doesn't get used much, about once a month. I chose it since the first Porsche I saw had one. I guess it stuck in my mind.

@locus If you have 102k miles, then I think you're fine. Mine happened twice within a year of each other. Each time a different situation.

@Harry Da Hamster Everything else has been great! This car gets used. Did have a brake issue, but that was self-imposed. Do NOT put a 991 GT3 master brake cylinder on your regular 991. The car's computer will not like it and force your car to stop and lock up!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:43 AM
CFOURS is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive! Thanks for sharing...this is why Porsche says that 70% of all vehicles built are still on the road!!!

Oh and is that Tampa Bay Buccaneer's license frame? I lived in Tampa for 19 years...was there during the Super Bowl run...Go Bucs!!!

Old 01-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by CFOURS

Oh and is that Tampa Bay Buccaneer's license frame? I lived in Tampa for 19 years...was there during the Super Bowl run...Go Bucs!!!
Sure is! And it's been all downhill since then! This was our first year without season tickets since '01. Still my team, but it's tough to watch at times.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Sure is! And it's been all downhill since then! This was our first year without season tickets since '01. Still my team, but it's tough to watch at times.
Don't feel bad, I was born and raised in Buffalo and once a Bills fan alwasy a Bills fan!