1st oil change question

Old 06-29-2019, 06:39 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
1st oil change question

17 CS,, have the oi,filter,o ring for filter, cant find a crush washer, is one needed or do i need a new drain plug each oil filter...Pelican parts doesnt show just the crush washer

Old 06-29-2019, 05:04 PM
xford is an unknown quantity at this point
In a 2017-2019 911 991.2 your oil pan is composite material - aka plastic - so you have no crush washer

Old 06-30-2019, 06:29 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
AH,,i see

thank you

Old 06-30-2019, 07:50 PM
xford is an unknown quantity at this point
You can use a flat head screwdriver to remove but this tool is good to have (amazon etc.):
CTA Tools 1037 VW/Audi Oil Drain Plug Tool

Old 07-02-2019, 03:19 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Hazet makes a nice one specifically for these composite plugs.

RMeuropean

https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/25281-MFG970.aspx

Old 07-31-2019, 01:42 PM
oil change went easier than expected, was watching guy on youtube, step by step..new filter was a little difficult to get on but i put some oil on the affected ends and it slipped right on,,took 8 qts.easy peasy..:}

Old 08-10-2019, 05:51 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by barncobob
oil change went easier than expected, was watching guy on youtube, step by step..new filter was a little difficult to get on but i put some oil on the affected ends and it slipped right on,,took 8 qts.easy peasy..:}
I was told by a Porsche mechanic, To do it correct, the fanatical German Porsche way is to...do an overnight drain...
I would always do that, FYI
I agree with that.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:58 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Originally Posted by eldertec
I was told by a Porsche mechanic, To do it correct, the fanatical German Porsche way is to...do an overnight drain...
I would always do that, FYI
I agree with that.
Try to get a dealer to do that! Mine is due for its 1st oil change soon and I will keep track of how long they keep it on the lift at the dealer. And no, I do not change my own oil since the 1st one is free and more importantly I do not like to get my hands dirty.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:54 PM
davcbr is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the link to the adapted tool ;-)

Old 09-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Rainer is on a distinguished road
I have three questions:
- What is the correct torque value for the composite oil plugs?
- Should they be replaced with each change or can they be reused?
- Since Porsche recommends to initially under-fill the oil and - even with the final fill - stay one line below FULL, how many quarts wink get me about half-way up on the indicator?

Thanks,
Rainer

Old 10-05-2019, 07:00 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rainer
I have three questions:
- What is the correct torque value for the composite oil plugs?
- Should they be replaced with each change or can they be reused?
- Since Porsche recommends to initially under-fill the oil and - even with the final fill - stay one line below FULL, how many quarts wink get me about half-way up on the indicator?

Thanks,
Rainer
The plastic plug cams and clicks in the composite pan. It’s not a torque type of fastener.
It is recommended to replace with each oil change. Do not buy on amazon. People have reported failures. Buy from reputable German parts supplier. I use RMEUROPEAN.COM.
I drained my 4GTS on Quick Jacks for about 1 hr and it drained about 8.6 qts. I replaced with the same but initially about 0.5 qt less and then drove the car and got the digital oil level readings and then added a bit more. Rinse and repeat until happy.