993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

JIC/CROSS Time Attack Porsche 993 GT2 Wins at Redline Time Attack Summit Point!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
yukio@jic-magic is on a distinguished road
JIC/CROSS Time Attack Porsche 993 GT2 Wins at Redline Time Attack Summit Point!

The Hankook Tire / JIC USA Porsche 993 GT2, usually competing in the Formula Drift Pro Series, breaks the lap time record at Summit Point and walks away with the Overall Championship at Redline Time Attack.

The Hankook Tire / JIC USA Team headed up north to West Virginia for the Redline Time Attack that was being held for the weekend. The pit row was buzzing with the top Time Attack teams such as AMS, GSC Motorsports, and of course, the Hankook Tire / JIC USA team. This time, the Hankook Tire / JIC USA Drift Porsche was converted to do some double duty serving as a Time Attacker rather than a Drift Car this weekend. The Porsche was piloted by Tyler McQuarrie and the Nissan Silvia S15 was piloted by JIC USA’s other Time Attack Driver, Tanner Foust.

Last year at this event, the Nissan Silvia was able to break a lap time record so all eyes were on both Tyler and Tanner as they both strapped in and began the first day of practice. They both showed consistent times throughout the day with minor issues popping up it was something that the team was able to fix right away to insure a successful practice day.
Sunday, the main event day, the Hankook Tire / JIC USA Team was poised to really compete and dominate the field of Mitsubishi Evolutions and Subaru WRX STi’s. All eyes were on the two drivers as they set out on the technical and high speed track that is Summit Point Raceway. Both drivers set out and drove to their fullest potential. At the end of the day, the Hankook Tire / JIC USA team was able to walk away with a list of awards. The Hankook Tire / JIC USA Porsche driven by Tyler McQuarrie took the Overall Win with the Fastest Lap, Unlimited Class 1st Place, and Rear Wheel Drive Unlimited 1st Place with a lap time record breaking time of 1:28.803. Tanner Foust was able to break the previous record of the Silvia from last year and score a 3rd Place Overall Win and 2nd Place Rear Wheel drive with a lap time of 1:31.218. The team celebrated in much joy as they have broken two key lap time records during this season. JIC is truly grateful towards our sponsors that have supported us from the beginning: Hankook Tire USA (http://www.hankooktireusa.com), Works Bell, A SPEC, ECKO UNLTD, Exedy Clutches, Stoptech Brakes, Tomei Powered, Instyle Graphics, Cobra Seats, Vertex T&E, Seibon, APR Performance, Sparco USA, Turbo By Garrett, MSD Ignition, Blitz USA, Spec Clutches, RC Injection, and Meguiar’s.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
More GT2 money shots please

Old 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned
jon@jic-magic is on a distinguished road
more photos

Attached Images    
Old 10-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Jon

Congrats on getting the 993 running!!

Are you running the car at the SuperLap Battle? The former Eurotuner/Superstreet Time Attack?

The organizers (editors) wont allow our Cup Car to run in the event.

They dont have any real reason for denying our entry.. I guess they are pissed because we won overall with a car that had 300 hp less than the second place skyline last year..

Oh well.. Congrats again on the 993

Old 10-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Smind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yukio@jic-magic
The Hankook Tire / JIC USA Porsche 993 GT2, usually competing in the Formula Drift Pro Series, breaks the lap time record at Summit Point and walks away with the Overall Championship at Redline Time Attack.
In the interests of full disclosure, you should have mentioned that the event was not run on the Summit Point circuit. It was run on the relatively new Shenandoah circuit.

Summit Point has been around too long and has seen too many big guns to have a 993 GT2 set a course record.

That doesn't diminish the accomplishment of setting a record, as Shenandoah is a tighter and more technical course.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Banned
Smile

Fabryce

We will go to Super lap battle and same weekend redline time attack at Laguna seca too. this 993 was street car before. basce was light weight 993RS euro version. I was driving on the street that why I can do Super lap battle. but you should contact Super steet magazine and discuss with Eillot. John Nadali is no longer working we should be able to joint. I want to you guy come to event. for me more fun. also HKS Carbon Mittsubishi EVO9 coming. I am sure they will make Button willow lap time under the 1min 48sec.... I don't want to they make new record..

JON

Old 10-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
John

I have contacted Elliot and he says " They are not interested in having a cup car run in this event because it does not appeal to there demographic"
They said there readers arent interested in a Porsche Cup car.
They say this is more of a tuner event. I tell them the cup car shares will over 75% of parts with its street conterpart and well over 80% of the parts on the cup car we sell as upgrades for street GT3's.. We are a tuner...

Its frustrating because we want to run in the event and they have no real good reason for not allowing us to run.

Initially Elliot said that the car would need a factory vin # so the cup car was not allowed. Once I showed that the factory cup car chassis has a production vin. He said it doesnt matter what how I argue .. They will not allow our car to run.

They than say that the car had to be registered for the street at one point in its life.
I question him and ask? Can you verify 100% that all the cars entered have at one point been registered on the street without a shadow of a doubt?
He has no answer for this.

I am ok with them not allowing the car to run. They should have advertised the event as an event that the staff selects who runs and who doesnt.

They SHOULD NOT ADVERTISE the event as an open event..

This is actually very flattering ..... They are so afraid of us coming and winnig overall again they wont let us run..
Thats a good way to control who wins and who doesnt.

Cars and teams should be judged on driver potential and car prep.. As you are aware..

I can see how a full Carbon Mitsu EVO is "Tuner" car.. ( Shhhhhhshhh)

OVERALL WINNER 2006 TIME ATTACK
GMG 996 WC-GT3 Cup

Limited Production Class Winner
GMG GT2

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 10-06-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned
Fabryce

they don't understand porsche race car...we should make street car bace time attack car. I am thinking make one more with 996TT next year.
How about redline time attack? please joint. this event 996GT3 can race. I want to more porsche come and beat JDM tunners car. I know AMS 600HP evo8 come, some porsche coming.

do you have GT3RS roll bar in stock? I want to for my 997TT?

JON

Old 10-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Former Vendor
Jon

I agree...

I have roll bar in stock call me monday.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:40 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
I was there at Summit last weekend and saw that car. Friend took some pics.

That 993 GT2 went into the air and landed with all the sparks,

Second place, AMS Evo. Also caught huge air.

S15

Here's me in modified class.

Also, catching air.

More pics on RL, Pictures from Time Attack 29-30 Sept - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Last edited by datax; 10-07-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned
Datax
Nice photos. I remember well you car. engine sound was beaytiful. if you need help for susepnsion set up let me know. love your car. dose you friend has 993 photo on the air?
JON
CROSS
www,jic-magic.com