996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

how different this forum is....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Gary, No veiled threats. Previous history is what I'm acting on...

Bottom line is if people are kind to me in text, I assume they'll be kind in person... If people are rude, argumentative and pompus in text, that's exactly what I will expect them to be when I meet them...

That simple.

Mike

Old 10-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Porsche Bob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mikelly
If people are rude, argumentative and pompus in text, that's exactly what I will expect them to be when I meet them...

That simple.

Mike
Guess that means you are an arrogent tough guy that pisses people off everywhere he goes in person too, huh?

Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !

As I predicted...

Mike

Old 10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
sdorn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porsche Bob
Guess that means you are an arrogent tough guy that pisses people off everywhere he goes in person too, huh?
Wow, what a first post!!! Way to leave a good first impression.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:13 PM
porscheracer001 is on a distinguished road
my 996 TT is a blast to drive in any given race track especially at watkins or full course at Pocono Raceway with PSM turn off. However, i prefer to race 2 wheel drive.

"hey dude its not the car but the driver,my boy shumi can beat us with a mini"

Old 10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Gee Bob how do you really feel? Would rather you do unto others as you would want them to do to you.
Since this was the first thing I have ever seen you post on this forum and insulting "one of our own" maybe you should try starting over. I am sure this must be some sort of a bad day for you.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
porscheracer001 is on a distinguished road
only girly men look at speedos

Attached Images  

Last edited by porscheracer001; 10-19-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:25 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
after reading the thread again I didnt realize this was about the rennlist DE and racing forum

I have to admit I frequent there and have asked many questions and was always treated with the utmost respect. I have found that forum to be knowledgeable and very nice. am I missing something.
I really have learned alot from that forum and would not discourage guys on this forum interested in track driving to shy away. there are volumes of good track and racing stuff on there.
I am sorry if some of you guys have had a bad experience there.
I am posting this just to let you know I have had a very positive experience on that board.
And they even know I have a TT!!
Just my 2 cents I respect and enjoy guys on both of these boards.
If there is some underlying personal conflicts well that is none of our business.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gary R.
Why so hostile Mike? Golly, it didn't take long for the veiled threats to come into play did it!

LOL, you joined here just to snitch?????? Comon dude.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
No, it means most of you that sit around bashing people on the net woudlnt dare say anything to a persons face if encountered with the same conversation in public. You'd rather wait until they are gone and talk behind their back or post it on the web.

Troll.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Well here's the context of my "issues"... I posted on a site and throw up some footage... I preface it with a couple statements. Instantly I get hammered because I'm in Blue run group (PCA) and that I'm a NOOB to track days (Which I'm not, not by a long shot) and then people get rude and indignent, and post snippets of my posts and twist the comments out of context. Of course I get pissed at some asshats making comments about me, because they don't know me. God forbid I make a comment that I'll be moving to slicks (As I've been on many times before). Naturally I get hammered even more... So I ask to have my account deleted from another site (Not Rennlist)... So I make a post in their thread about track HPDE times and a guy posts a range of times that I thought wasn't accurate... I get some negative comments AGAIN. And it starts all over...

I don't understand why people are rude for the sake of being rude on the internet. Bottom line is I have done lots of good in the auto community over the years. I've been a vendor of parts, a fabricator, written technical artricles (One was published this month in Nissan Sport Magazine) and I've done lots of track events over the years, including time at the federal law enforcement academy two decades ago. I have been backwards down the shoot at Summit Point, backwards under the bridge at Road Atlanta, off course coming down onto the front straight at Limerock, and run many good laps, some fast and some slow.

I don't "expect" anything from people other than to be polite to each other. If someone is rude to me on a bulletin board, I'll expect them to be that way in person. And if that's who they want me to think they are, then fine... I'll put names to faces at events and assume they are people I don't want to associate with.

Not being offensive to people you don't know is the best way to NOT offend them. Otherwise, I don't have another thing to say on the subject. The Dorki and Rennlist guys can have their fun... I'll see them at the track.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-19-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:48 AM
FlyYellow will become famous soon enoughFlyYellow will become famous soon enough
i have a special place in my heart for rennlist. i find it a great site and i've made many friends there. i even had people who on their vacation visited with me (who i never met before) because of that site and likewise i had others that looked at cars for me. the generosity and warm reception there has been awesome!

This is a great site as well with a much more active 996TT forum. i visit both routinely.

Bottom line there are people on every forum that have their "flame on" personalities. I try to find those who i share things in common with rather than focus on those who are the minority.

PS boy did this thread go so many different ways that it wasn't intended...

Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by FlyYellow
i have a special place in my heart for rennlist. i find it a great site and i've made many friends there. i even had people who on their vacation visited with me (who i never met before) because of that site and likewise i had others that looked at cars for me. the generosity and warm reception there has been awesome!

This is a great site as well with a much more active 996TT forum. i visit both routinely.

Bottom line there are people on every forum that have their "flame on" personalities. I try to find those who i share things in common with rather than focus on those who are the minority.

PS boy did this thread go so many different ways that it wasn't intended...

LOL..... We are talking about Rennlist, but only one section. The Racers and DE forum.