996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:07 PM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VAGscum
I have not heard about Fabspeed being made in Taiwan. But my question is be who cares? Made in USA is so commonly used and misunderstood it doesn't even matter as much as it used to. Let the product's quality speak for itself. Personally I would spend the same amount of money and get a 911tuning exhaust instead. And not because of where it is built, but it's quality and design. Most people don't realize that you can get a chinese company to fabricate every bend, flange, cat and resonator for cheap. Have the pieces sent to the US for somebody to do the final polishing or welding of the final assemblies and call it "made in the USA". Any American or German company can over see the design and quality control of a chinese company to get what they want also. Their is a huge difference between buying a bulk built Alibaba chinese piece with no oversight and buying a chinese fabricated product that has the quality control carefully watched. Let the products speak for themselves.

As for the buying american products....I buy products based on product value(quality and price) verses price and manufacturing origin. Buying a product because you like the ideals or the company with no regard of the product is nice, but a company cannot survive on a bunch of customer's with good gut feelings. Buying american with the sole purpose of creating jobs is the same idea IMHO. I fear the current job market and the direction we are going, but is the problem with China or is it with the fact that we are not competitve enough? Sure, we could boycott chinese made products, but that also hurts the american businesses that sell them. The free market is why the demand for these chinese products is so high. And what is more American than a free market?

And for clarification I am a vetran also and I was in Iraq in 04, and I can wave a flag as high as anyone
Not that I disagree with your statement but it is obvious that you have not read the original threads in Ferrari Life and Ferrari Chat. You are off topic.

Again the main issue is with transparency. Fabspeed claims their products are designed, made and assembled in the USA. When in fact they were designed, made and assembled in Taiwan, then shipped to the USA and subsequently repackaged as "Made in the USA". That is fraudulent misrepresentation in my book. The main issue is not about quality but about honesty

Before you comment on this please take some time and read the original thread and make your own conclusions http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/fe...ce-origin.html

Old 10-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=JPSJR;3359877]Fabspeed is substandard? I challenge you to find a better exhaust and quality and reputation than Fabspeed!!

Challenge accepted.....Europipe.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wingnut2u
Not that I disagree with your statement but it is obvious that you have not read the original threads in Ferrari Life and Ferrari Chat. You are off topic.

Again the main issue is with transparency. Fabspeed claims their products are designed, made and assembled in the USA. When in fact they were designed, made and assembled in Taiwan, then shipped to the USA and subsequently repackaged as "Made in the USA". That is fraudulent misrepresentation in my book. The main issue is not about quality but about honesty

Before you comment on this please take some time and read the original thread and make your own conclusions http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/fe...ce-origin.html
Wow! You completely missed my point.

I did read the thread and I do understand what the "issue" is. And I will offer you this. Do you really think this is that un-common? That was my point. Made in the USA is quite commonly miss-used. It is wrong and common practice. I am sorry that I impeded upon your regimented discussion flow that you had planned, but this is an open forum. Get over yourself you rude bastard

Old 10-31-2011, 07:26 PM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
No harm no foul, I didn't realize you were so sensitive, sorry to have offended you my good man!

Old 10-31-2011, 07:40 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wingnut2u
No harm no foul, I didn't realize you were so sensitive, sorry to have offended you my good man!
No worries. I probably should have not immediately posted a response

But I get your point.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:16 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
First off, Mike, I have no idea who the f is Dan! I'm an east coast guy that loves to support local guys who have quality products and a passion for cars!! That's why we are all here passion, thank you for helping me and others provide a blanket of freedom for this great country, but my beef with this thread may have gone a little overboard but I can't stand when guys love to bad mouth a company when they don't get their ways. If you had an issue with a product or you feel it didn't last long enough for you, don't mention it or don't bad mouth them, keep it to yourself. Life is short, enjoy it. Unfortunately things wether made here or overseas are not meant to last forever. Again, I'm not a follower, I'm a leader, I don't need people to text me so I can jump into a fight, I saw your comments and I made a descision to comment on it. I'm not mad nor sore about you, I'm sure your a nice guy, I just can't stand when people go after companies online because the product didn't last as long as you thought it would. Again, I do get the point on this thread and I'm sorry if I said something to offend you. I still stand behind my comment about Fabspeed, if you went to there shop and saw all those guys with the passion to make our cars go faster you would think twice about them. Also, everything they do is handmade for you, not 100 different people. If your local, swing by thee you will see!! Oh and no I didn't drink the koolaid, I'm a big fan of AWE, those guys rock also, my Audi had there exhaust, I just prefer Fabspeed for both my Porsches because I like there sound and there build a little better. Again thanks for serving!!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Simi996 a fast one!!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
One can always ask to show pictures during production... I do think that some companies slide under the radar and get by selling products made in asia for pennies on the dollar at a substantial cost to the client...
For those who make them we can tell the quality and where it's made... that is not hard to figure out.
Not directing this towards anyone particular just saying what I think out loud...
markski
Mark, remember I stated that some come plated, polished or coated and you cant tell what the weld looks like.. I agree fully! I got taking very early on with an exhaust on my C2, cat's went bad after a few thousand miles. The maker would not send me replacements with out the old ones,I got so fed up I cut the cat out replace them with new cats welded to their piping..4,500 was a hard lesson.. I think there just maybe a reason why some of us make our own parts.. I don't need to read about some dude who sharpens pencils tell me about how great something is and he does not know what or why we use anti-seize. I also am thinking out loud..

Old 10-31-2011, 08:26 PM
As far as europipe, there ok, but when I sat there looking at all the exhaust systems, I wanted something local with excellent feedback, the two systems I saw that most guys have is Fabspeed and AWE. I researched this over and over again, I ear f'ed a crap load of people and companies and it seemed that these guys had the better one. I saw a europipe, wasn't impressed. I also saw a milltek, again not impressed. I look for the quality of the welds and the level of SS used.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:26 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
What if it's made in china by an American!?!? Markski wins this race because his products speak for themselves through his customers, and if something is wrong he fixes it immediately or spends the day on the phone with you until its resolved. He has the transparency as he is obviously making his own stuff. I do not personally have any of his or anyone else's products as I am making most of my own and undoubtably will come across something made outside of the USA that will go into fabrication. I still think all your billet wheels are made in china but can't prove it!! But yeh if some other vendors are flat out lying then that is a problem and could likely face litigation.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JPSJR
First off, Mike, I have no idea who the f is Dan! I'm an east coast guy that loves to support local guys who have quality products and a passion for cars!! That's why we are all here passion, thank you for helping me and others provide a blanket of freedom for this great country, but my beef with this thread may have gone a little overboard but I can't stand when guys love to bad mouth a company when they don't get their ways. If you had an issue with a product or you feel it didn't last long enough for you, don't mention it or don't bad mouth them, keep it to yourself. Life is short, enjoy it. Unfortunately things wether made here or overseas are not meant to last forever. Again, I'm not a follower, I'm a leader, I don't need people to text me so I can jump into a fight, I saw your comments and I made a descision to comment on it. I'm not mad nor sore about you, I'm sure your a nice guy, I just can't stand when people go after companies online because the product didn't last as long as you thought it would. Again, I do get the point on this thread and I'm sorry if I said something to offend you. I still stand behind my comment about Fabspeed, if you went to there shop and saw all those guys with the passion to make our cars go faster you would think twice about them. Also, everything they do is handmade for you, not 100 different people. If your local, swing by thee you will see!! Oh and no I didn't drink the koolaid, I'm a big fan of AWE, those guys rock also, my Audi had there exhaust, I just prefer Fabspeed for both my Porsches because I like there sound and there build a little better. Again thanks for serving!!
Do you know Matt or AKA Maciej?

Old 10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Also, when I ment challenge, this isn't going to be an episode of chopped on the food channel......

Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Mark, remember I stated that some come plated, polished or coated and you cant tell what the weld looks like.. I agree fully! I got taking very early on with an exhaust on my C2, cat's went bad after a few thousand miles. The maker would not send me replacements with out the old ones,I got so fed up I cut the cat out replace them with new cats welded to their piping..4,500 was a hard lesson.. I think there just maybe a reason why some of us make our own parts.. I don't need to read about some dude who sharpens pencils tell me about how great something is and he does not know what or why we use anti-seize. I also am thinking out loud..
I know... I agree...
My first exhaust I bought $3500 in 2001 for my P car was one mentioned in this thread.. not going to say which one exactly... it cracked after 2 months at the flange that adapts to the engine... FVD came thru and gave me another one...
Now, to be fair, I had one of mine flake off too... but that was because the client wanted beautiful welds... it gave on one end.. but he returned it.. I fixed it for free and paid shipping both ways...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
It's pretty simple... I tried your parts... I thought they would be good... Time and track testing proved otherwise. I didn't get mad. I simply found that the parts eventually (and in a specific case rather quickly) failed or were of inferior quality. But you're right, next time I buy from a vendor I'll withold the "props" until the product is fully proven in my specific needs. So for that, I thank you. We've all learned something of real value here.

Go back through old posts and emails if you wish. My first hand experience is what matters. Again, not mad... stating facts as I see them, from first hand experience.

Mike
Well put. Let it out big cat. I can't take the some of the bs that flies around sometimes.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I know... I agree...
My first exhaust I bought $3500 in 2001 for my P car was one mentioned in this thread.. not going to say which one exactly... it cracked after 2 months at the flange that adapts to the engine... FVD came thru and gave me another one...
Now, to be fair, I had one of mine flake off too... but that was because the client wanted beautiful welds... it gave on one end.. but he returned it.. I fixed it for free and paid shipping both ways...
I was so afraid to touch my Pcar at first now I do not care. Its a car nothing more. when you crack open one of these motors you really wonder WTF. How can this motor make so much power. the rod angle and length.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?