996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?

Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Ant, i think the perception is that if it's made in the USA that the parts will be of better quality. That said, of the maker in question, it seems it wouldn't matter. Their parts are crap in general... Pretty much on par with "agency power" and the like... You get what you pay for...

Mike
our parts are crap?

Old 10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
You quoted my post, so that assumes you can read. It's my opinion that they are sub-standard quality, yes.

Mike

Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
ok.... Your hit and miss man going back through old posts, emails, etc. Rave about Agency Power 1 day, get angry the next. But that is your opinion. Not a very nice response either. Have a great day, week, month.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
It's pretty simple... I tried your parts... I thought they would be good... Time and track testing proved otherwise. I didn't get mad. I simply found that the parts eventually (and in a specific case rather quickly) failed or were of inferior quality. But you're right, next time I buy from a vendor I'll withold the "props" until the product is fully proven in my specific needs. So for that, I thank you. We've all learned something of real value here.

Go back through old posts and emails if you wish. My first hand experience is what matters. Again, not mad... stating facts as I see them, from first hand experience.

Mike

Old 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Fabspeed is substandard? I challenge you to find a better exhaust and quality and reputation than Fabspeed!! If you ask me, you sound like a angry man with issues that is clueless and probably drives a porsche to prove what's less else where in your life. I believe in freedom of speech and I fought for my country, so that being said I thought I would look at some of your post and you have no backing for right or wrong. One minute you like something the next minute your knocking it, at least do yourself a favor and be negative on everything!! Fabspeed, AWE, Agency Power, and most other exhaust companies are USA MADE and if you see the quality and the passion these guys provide for us everyday to enjoy our cars, they deserve the $3,000+ they ask for their products!! As far as I'm concerned if it wasn't for all of us spending big dollars on car parts and accessories I'm sure this economy would be worse!! So don't be negative, go and spend more money do the economy gets better and people stay employed!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
JPSRJ, Let me guess how it worked out for your post... You (and others) got a PM from our boy Dan saying "Can you jump into this thread and help me out here?"... This is how Dan manipulates the community and why you read conflicting posts from me and others... Instead of letting members tell their first hand experiences about products they've bought, installed and used. There's money at stake here for the vendors, but all I have to offer is an opinion and several years experience thrashing these cars on track. And just so we're clear, I've fought for those same freedoms you mention. Thanks for your service to our country, and I'll accept your thanks in kind.

Mike Kelly

Old 10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
i am putting on a fabspeed race exhaust this week. my first time using their parts, and I'll definitely report back if they are substandard parts, but local guys who have used them on their race cars haven't had any problems so far. no experience with agency power products.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JPSJR
Fabspeed is substandard? I challenge you to find a better exhaust and quality and reputation than Fabspeed!!
Pretty easy to find people who don't think much of Fab's reputation or product. I'm one of them.

The above being said I'm happy that you like them and their product.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
I totally understand where Mike is coming from...without looking up what his specific issue was, I assume if you spend good money on something and it fails quickly, it's pretty disappointing, regardless of where it was manufactured and how much it cost to make. It's an opinion/experience. I look to these forums for opinions and it is nice to know there are people that are willing to express their concerns.

JPSJR, based on my posts and comments, what type of Porsche driver am I? ;-)

Old 10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
One can always ask to show pictures during production... I do think that some companies slide under the radar and get by selling products made in asia for pennies on the dollar at a substantial cost to the client...
For those who make them we can tell the quality and where it's made... that is not hard to figure out.
Not directing this towards anyone particular just saying what I think out loud...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-31-2011, 05:08 PM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/fe...ce-origin.html

I think things have gotten a little off topic here. The original post, if you followed the link to Ferrari Life had to do with the fact the Fabspeed emphatically claimed that their headers were Made in the USA. As it turns out, it appears as though one of the forum members on Ferrari Chat posted potentially very damning evidence that Fabspeed did indeed ship their headers from Taiwan and that by all appearances Agency Power also purchased the same headers from the same Taiwanese company. It is the lack of transparency that is what has people up in arms.

I am just paraphrasing what I read and I am no way passing judgement, well maybe a little as the information was pretty conclusive and Fabspeed's response has been less the forthright and reassuring. But I would ask each to read the information and make your own decision.

JPSJR; I myself have no experience with Fab's products but I have heard some less than flattering reviews from one of the top Porsche tuners in the country about the quality of their products and they are far more qualified than I am to pass judgement as to what is quality and what isn't, just sayin

Last edited by wingnut2u; 10-31-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Ant, i think the perception is that if it's made in the USA that the parts will be of better quality. That said, of the maker in question, it seems it wouldn't matter. Their parts are crap in general... Pretty much on par with "agency power" and the like... You get what you pay for...

Mike

Mike - I have just finished reading ALL the information on the Ferrari forums

Has anybody else made the effort to read the information posted there??

A lot of the posts have been removed on the FerrariChat forum and the member that posted the information has been banned!

I think it's a joke that he got banned for providing members with this information, surely this is what forums are meant to be about? - I know a lot of forums aren't like that these days though and that they're just there for vendors to sell their products - If you upset the vendors you get removed and silenced

Anyway, the guy that posted the details on FerrariChat has reposted the information on the FerrariLife forum

I've read all the information on there too

With regards to you comparing AP to Fabspeed........If you read the info on the Ferrari forum you will soon see that their parts come from the same Asian companies

Old 10-31-2011, 06:08 PM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
As it pertains to my car... I'll be concentrating my future purchases on the true Made in Germany and USA suppliers... maybe Italy too.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I have not heard about Fabspeed being made in Taiwan. But my question is be who cares? Made in USA is so commonly used and misunderstood it doesn't even matter as much as it used to. Let the product's quality speak for itself. Personally I would spend the same amount of money and get a 911tuning exhaust instead. And not because of where it is built, but it's quality and design. Most people don't realize that you can get a chinese company to fabricate every bend, flange, cat and resonator for cheap. Have the pieces sent to the US for somebody to do the final polishing or welding of the final assemblies and call it "made in the USA". Any American or German company can over see the design and quality control of a chinese company to get what they want also. Their is a huge difference between buying a bulk built Alibaba chinese piece with no oversight and buying a chinese fabricated product that has the quality control carefully watched. Let the products speak for themselves.

As for the buying american products....I buy products based on product value(quality and price) verses price and manufacturing origin. Buying a product because you like the ideals or the company with no regard of the product is nice, but a company cannot survive on a bunch of customer's with good gut feelings. Buying american with the sole purpose of creating jobs is the same idea IMHO. I fear the current job market and the direction we are going, but is the problem with China or is it with the fact that we are not competitve enough? Sure, we could boycott chinese made products, but that also hurts the american businesses that sell them. The free market is why the demand for these chinese products is so high. And what is more American than a free market?

And for clarification I am a vetran also and I was in Iraq in 04, and I can wave a flag as high as anyone

Old 10-31-2011, 06:56 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VAGscum
I have not heard about Fabspeed being made in Taiwan. But my question is be who cares? Made in USA is so commonly used and misunderstood it doesn't even matter as much as it used to. Let the product's quality speak for itself. Personally I would spend the same amount of money and get a 911tuning exhaust instead. And not because of where it is built, but it's quality and design. Most people don't realize that you can get a chinese company to fabricate every bend, flange, cat and resonator for cheap. Have the pieces sent to the US for somebody to do the final polishing or welding of the final assemblies and call it "made in the USA". Any American or German company can over see the design and quality control of a chinese company to get what they want also. Their is a huge difference between buying a bulk built Alibaba chinese piece with no oversight and buying a chinese fabricated product that has the quality control carefully watched. Let the products speak for themselves.

As for the buying american products....I buy products based on product value(quality and price) verses price and manufacturing origin. Buying a product because you like the ideals or the company with no regard of the product is nice, but a company cannot survive on a bunch of customer's with good gut feelings. Buying american with the sole purpose of creating jobs is the same idea IMHO. I fear the current job market and the direction we are going, but is the problem with China or is it with the fact that we are not competitve enough? Sure, we could boycott chinese made products, but that also hurts the american businesses that sell them. The free market is why the demand for these chinese products is so high. And what is more American than a free market?

And for clarification I am a vetran also and I was in Iraq in 04, and I can wave a flag as high as anyone
Nicely put

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?