996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Thanks, appreciate it.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:37 PM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
Originally Posted by vip gts
I heard that the new 911 is mostly made in Taiwan and then finished in Germany.
But It seems that to some it doesn't matter since this is the new global economy.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Me personally, I don't "care" where the components are made. Just don't lie to me and "say" they're made in one location then let it be exposed that they're made in another. And if the exposure happens, then you should man up and be honest to your customers.

I don't "know" for sure that this is the case with fabspeed. I can't personally prove it. Therefore I won't say what others are thinking. What I "think" is that Fabspeed should put this issue to rest once and for all.

Mike

Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
My coment on this issue is not to under estimate Chinnese build stuff,they are getting better every day that goes by.E/G,I just receive a set of headers and 200 cell cats from a supplier, the parts where designed in America and put together in China, I was amazed by the quality of the welds and quality of the materials used,plus the best part,less than half the price of a similar product made in the west, just my two cents on this topic.,cheers.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
There are a lot of aftermarket car parts are made in Asia now, seats, exhaust, suspension, even the porsche piwis lol
You can find a lot of interesting stuff there:
http://www.alibaba.com/products/porsche_exhaust.html

Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
There are a lot of aftermarket car parts are made in Asia now, seats, exhaust, suspension, even the porsche piwis lol
You can find a lot of interesting stuff there:
http://www.alibaba.com/products/porsche_exhaust.html
Nothing new.. been around for some time...
you get what you pay for... and until you have a quality product next to the one made for pennies on the dollar is when you can appreciate the difference.
The more educated one becomes the better choices we all make.
Just making a general statement...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
The more educated one becomes the better choices we all make.
Just making a general statement...[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why these owner's forums are invaluable. Education. Well put.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:15 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Interesting ...

Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 PM
TheSilverFox will become famous soon enough
Somewhat tied to my reason for buying Switzer exhaust.

Originally Posted by RichardCH
Interesting ...

Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
I must say there are both, bad quality and good quality exhausts from China,(I have seen excellent exhausts systems) both of them can be bought at rock bottom prices, the problem is that some vendors try to sell the good stuff at way to high of a premium, but I guess the way it goes.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Sure agreed but no need to pay 400% margin even if its good quality, for some nice marketing

Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Banned
^^^That is exactly what I tried to convey,cheers!

Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
I have Fabspeed and is very good quality,there are better made in USA like Markski's .

Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 AM
mx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud ofmx931 has much to be proud of
lets be honest, fabspeed parts are good. no doubt about it, the only problem is that they advertise that its made in america and in house etc. other then that i have also never heard a complaint

Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
The actual fabrication of metal and components is no different on shore than off shore. Are we delusional enough to think that Chinese welders are worse than ones from the USA? A welder with 15 years experience will be good no matter what country he lives in.

The difference is the quality paid for. You can get top notch quality in China that will match the very best manufacturing in the USA. The difference is most people go offshore to get the very cheapest they can for quality at a "price point". Don't fool yourself, there are very high tech plants in china utilizing the very finest manufacturing process in some cases the very best in the world. Is that what every manufacturer who builds off shore is using? Of course not.

Associating Asian countries with low quality parts really is a stereotype and not true in all cases.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?