996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 wing- I need your advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 AM
porscheracer001 is on a distinguished road
GT2 wing- I need your advise

Hey folks,
I would like to change my 996 TT stock spoiler to a GT2 wing.
Pros and Cons.
OEM vs aftermarket $$?
Do I need a new front spoiler to offset the rear?

Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
AIRjordan23 is on a distinguished road
i got my wing from misha911.com and the wing fit/finish is great. obviously you need a good shop that is used to these jobs/cars.

overall im happy i went aftermarket with this piece since its a 1/5 of the cost of oem and looks identical IMO.
i would highly recommend the gt2 front end, as well to offset the front look.

i got the mashaw gt2 front end, which again is a good replica. only issue you encounter would be ducting and replicating aerodynamics of the gt2.

the oem turbo ducting is slightly different. the left and right alight ok, with a small noticebale difference, but the center doesnt alight that well. again if your not **** youll be fine, but if you are you will want to make some adjustments.

in addition, aerodynamically, the gt2 has the center radiator angled differently with different brackets. thus deflecting air upwards towards the hood vent.

if your not that **** an aftermarket gt2 (mashaw) would be great. some trimming to ducts will help.
however if you care about aerodynamics and want the ducts to be all alighned, gt2 bumper with the 2 radiator brackets + 3 new front ducts would be my recommendation.
roughly double the price at over 3k total. not including install of course.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 AM
AIRjordan23 is on a distinguished road
btw just noticed your in nyc pm me if you want to see the car.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
btw just noticed your in nyc pm me if you want to see the car.
thanks man,,are you going to drive your car in manhattan next week? perhaps, we can meet up downtown area? tribeca or soho..

Old 11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
kcphuah will become famous soon enoughkcphuah will become famous soon enough
Misha911 is trustworthy, I bought a set of replica techart II and techart wing from him about 1 month ago. Wing's fitment is great but the replica techart was very poor quality. I have brought this to his attention about the poor quality, he attempted to fix the issue and refunded me some money for the extra work that I have to pay the body shop to do.
In short, if you are looking for a gt2 wing, I highly suggest you to buy from a reputable seller as not every body will back up the products they sell if there is a problem arise, especially buying from some one in the internet or ebay.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by kcphuah
Misha911 is trustworthy, I bought a set of replica techart II and techart wing from him about 1 month ago. Wing's fitment is great but the replica techart was very poor quality. I have brought this to his attention about the poor quality, he attempted to fix the issue and refunded me some money for the extra work that I have to pay the body shop to do.
In short, if you are looking for a gt2 wing, I highly suggest you to buy from a reputable seller as not every body will back up the products they sell if there is a problem arise, especially buying from some one in the internet or ebay.
thanks for the advise. Probably will settle for OEM.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:15 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
if you want to see my MASHAW replica GT2 wing for my 4S, let me know. my car is usually in the city

Old 11-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by porscheracer001
Hey folks,
I would like to change my 996 TT stock spoiler to a GT2 wing.
Pros and Cons.
OEM vs aftermarket $$?
Do I need a new front spoiler to offset the rear?

Here is my set up.

OEM Gt2 Front end & Misha GT2 Wing. I love it!!

Go OEM!!

Ice