996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best uprated brakes for 996 tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:20 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
hey Nero, keep Titan out of my posts unless you are a sponsor of this board. I am glad you own Titan, but have some respect...
Welcome to the board Nero! Glad to see you a sponsor! But looks like someone isn't happy you have entered the market.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:54 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by titannero
Dan you do a good job of marketing and selling and run a good company. Titan is a sponsor of this board, the banner should be up tomororow. Also to clarify this was not your post, I would never go into your section and solicit your customers, this was a post by a member in a general section.

Thanks and have a great day!
Competition is good!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:57 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
My $.02...

I bought the Brembo 355 mm kit from Dan at Vivid (He gave me a fantastic
deal according to Brembo) and other than what Oak describes about the soft pedal
feel, they PERFORM very well. Once again this is very subjective, but I did Road America, Brainerd and the Texas Mile all on the stock street pads (yes they were shot
after that). Somebody mentioned stock brakes and very high speeds (170+),
I did not feel like the stock brakes were up to task for my needs.
The pedal feel is softer than stock brakes with the pagid oranges that I used to run.

Marty K.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
My $.02...

I bought the Brembo 355 mm kit from Dan at Vivid (He gave me a fantastic
deal according to Brembo) and other than what Oak describes about the soft pedal
feel, they PERFORM very well. Once again this is very subjective, but I did Road America, Brainerd and the Texas Mile all on the stock street pads (yes they were shot
after that). Somebody mentioned stock brakes and very high speeds (170+),
I did not feel like the stock brakes were up to task for my needs.
The pedal feel is softer than stock brakes with the pagid oranges that I used to run.

Marty K.
I agree and am getting the same ones from Dan............

Marty I thought you were running stock wheels and the above setup would not fit??

Last edited by tom kerr; 12-16-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
silvershark will become famous soon enough
Updating pads

Is it advised to run different pads on front vs back?
Example; Pagid yellow RS-19 up front 6pot and orange RS4-4 on rear.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
let me know guys! we can ship today

Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silvershark
Is it advised to run different pads on front vs back?
Example; Pagid yellow RS-19 up front 6pot and orange RS4-4 on rear.
to get a better brake bias run orange on front and black in back.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Hopefully the orange won't effect the slotted rotors the way they do the cross drilled... I got a LOT of chatter with the OEM rotor/caliper and the pagid oranges.. I'm now running the Pagid Yellows and love them...

Mike

Old 12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have had several Turbo P-cars, Ferraris, BMW’s, AMG’s and the best brakes I have experienced are on my Turbo S (PCCB).

Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I run the orange pads, and don't run the shims, was advised if heavy on brakes at track you will fry the shims, downside is a little rattle but also have this with the floating rotor until it heats up, but can live with it!

I'm gonna mention this again, there are issues with PCCB's, especially over here in Europe, many failures and bigtime fecked especially if you hit a gravel trap, in most cases they would need replaced. They are a great braking system but a lot of failures.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
i had great luck with Girodisc for my gallardo. its a 2 piece 380 front, but they have 365, 350 etc. all up to you. they are custom sloted and cross drilled so you can order them either way. they bite great (better than stock) with pagid 420's. save up to 7 lbs up front and 4 lbs on the rear, per corner. heres some pics, oh and yes keep your stock calipers, use better fluid and they cost like $2500 or 3k with pads.

Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don Relentless
i had great luck with Girodisc for my gallardo. its a 2 piece 380 front, but they have 365, 350 etc. all up to you. they are custom sloted and cross drilled so you can order them either way. they bite great (better than stock) with pagid 420's. save up to 7 lbs up front and 4 lbs on the rear, per corner. heres some pics, oh and yes keep your stock calipers, use better fluid and they cost like $2500 or 3k with pads.

That looks a fantastic set up Don.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:41 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Tom,

The factory stock 18" wheels will not fit over the Brembo 6-piston kit that Vivid sells.
My 19" Champions do fit very easily over them.
18" Factory Porsche GT2 wheels do fit over them, I recently bolted a set on and they
work!

MK

Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I do not drive my Turbo in the gravel, so I do not have to worry about gravel damage. The roads in California are well kept.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I said GRAVEL TRAP, do you know what that is?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best uprated brakes for 996 tt