996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I have a simple and straight forward question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:50 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Im out to go to the bathroom. Ill be right back.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
ok... let me just say it this straight OhioGT2, you are absolutely wrong in your assumptions.

We all appreciate the detective work, but your statements are just malicious towards Vivid Racing, untrue, and not even remotely correct. We did and still are showing promise with our turbo kit and products, and based on Vivid Racing defending its brand equity and integrity, people will continue to buy from us. The best part is, with your signature, you may be uncomfortable to purchase from us, but you dont have anything for us to sell you. Internet fights are cool, but I have customers to attend to. You want to argue like an adult, dial the digits below.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Making some popcorn.. I'll be back in a few

Old 12-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Marine8541 is on a distinguished road
While Softronic may work with Protomotive and many other tuners Softronic DOES NOT supply them with tuned files. Binary and other technologies , Yes.
All tuners tuned files are theirs and specific to them.

Originally Posted by Craig
Thank you for that informative explanation, but it still does not answer my "simple and straight forward question." Vivid has stated that “Softronic is what is powering alot of the fastest Porsches here." We know Softronic is not powering EVOMS built cars. Is Softronic powering cars built by Prototmotive? You state that "all the Softronic files are Softronics." If that is true (and I have no reason to believe otherwise), is Softronic supplying its files to Protomotive? If there is no sharing of files between Softronic and Protomotive, I am perplexed by Vivid's statement (although I freely admit that I am easily perplexed).

I would be genuinely grateful for a simple and straight forward explanation, free of evasive or ambiguous statements. Thanks in advance.

Craig

Old 12-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Holiday Lunch Party with Catered Italian Food here in 1 hour for the AZ folks, dont worry we can put this on the big screen. Oh and btw I dont make my own Italian food nor do I buy it from Italy.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
so it's a fugese?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I'm heading out to buy something for my wife!
A GT3RS is a girl's best friend

Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Marine8541
While Softronic may work with Protomotive and many other tuners Softronic DOES NOT supply them with tuned files. Binary and other technologies , Yes.
All tuners tuned files are theirs and specific to them.
OK, maybe not tuned files, How about base files ...the keys , after they are finished then it becomes proprietery?..interesting!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:18 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
There are only two Tuners that make the software that flashes a Porsche over the OBDII port and tune, Softronic and REVO. Only one out of the two allow other companies to use their service , Softronic. All the Softronic files are Softronics. Softronic works with most of the Tuners in one fashion or another on this board. This would include providing technical information, flashing technologies and other binary related questions etc.
Actually, Milford MicroSystems makes an interface that can flash thru the OB2 port as well. Been around for quite some time. I believe It can be used by any tuner with the proper licensing agreement, much like Softronic.....

Old 12-21-2007, 12:20 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Mr Marine, Please help me understand . Is your product available to the public? Since you supply the basics (Binary and other technologies), that means I can tune my own car! Like HP tuners or EFI live?

Last edited by topgun; 12-21-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:39 PM
mmmmm is on a distinguished road
Dan, if you can post one or two cars that are powered by softronic that can back up your initial claim, we will all be happy.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Why dont you make the calls. Scott at Softronic (203-723-8928), Todd at Protomotive (870.420.3889), or myself? They can explain the relationships, I speak only for Vivid Racing. I have PM'd you with my information, and again, if you are this concerned, you can contact me to discuss so I can clarify directly to you.
I did not start this thread for my own personal benefit. Rather, I started this thread in order to develop facts for the benefit of the entire 6Speed community. Having a one-on-one telephone conference with you, Dan, would not achieve that purpose. Your statement was made publicly, for all to read and rely upon. Therefore, I believe everyone here is entitled to a factually supported explanation of precisely what was meant when you proclaimed that “Softronic is what is powering alot of the fastest Porsches here.”
Originally Posted by vividracing
As far as my comment, exactly what it says, Softronic Software/Cables/Interfacing powers some of the most powerful cars on this board. There is nothing false, claimed, or assuming there.
More evasive mumbo jumbo. You are better than that Dan!!! Please state in clear and unequivocal terms precisely why it is that “Softronic is what is powering alot of the fastest Porsches here.”

Perhaps it would help if we breakdown your revised statement that “Softronic Software/Cables/Interfacing powers some of the most powerful cars on this board.”

1. Does Softronic software power some of the most powerful cars on this board? If so, WHICH CARS? What is the relationship between Softronic and the builder of the subject cars?

2. Were Softronic cables used to deliver software to some of the most powerful cars on this board? If so, WHICH CARS? BTW, I certainly hope your claim that “Softronic is what is powering alot of the fastest Porsches here” was not based solely on the use of Softronic’s cable to load someone else’s software. If that is the case, your statement was, IMHO, disingenuous and deceptive.

3. Was Softronic interfacing used to load the software used by some of the most powerful cars on this board? If so, WHICH CARS? Moreover, please explain what you mean by “interfacing.” Again, I hope there is more supporting your prior statement than simply the use of Softronic interfacing to load someone else’s software.

I suspect you may view my inquiries as excessive, and you will accordingly decline to respond. That would be a real shame. The fine members of this community deserve to know the facts. I hope you will provide those facts here and now, by answering my simple questions.

The irony in all of this is that, as best I can tell, you are offering an innovative product at a very reasonable price and, if the performance lives up to expectations (I have no reason to believe otherwise), it sounds like a solid package. That being said, when you, as a tuner, make bold claims about your product, or any of its components, you must be prepared to substantiate those claims. Stated another way, you cannot float a claim that the software you use is powering the fastest cars on this forum, then decline to explain when asked what you meant. If you do not feel comfortable explaining the claim, you should not have posted it in the first place.

Dan, I will not push the issue any further. I hope you will provide a full and complete explanation of precisely what you meant, including disclosure of all supporting facts. However, if you do not and, instead, continue to evade the issue, I will drop it. I humbly and respectfully suggest that you learn from this experience and revise your marketing strategy accordingly. Re-read your posts before you publicize them for all to read and rely upon. Ask yourself whether you can explain and justify your representations if asked to do so. If you cannot, consider whether it is wise to make the statement in the first place.

Happy holidays to you, Dan, and everyone at Vivid and Softronic, and to the entire 6Speed community.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 12-21-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Marine8541 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KPG
Actually, Milford MicroSystems makes an interface that can flash thru the OB2 port as well. Been around for quite some time. I believe It can be used by any tuner with the proper licensing agreement, much like Softronic.....
While their system will flash they do not tune. The charge of the unit is also not as cost effective or user friendly for the tuners. There is not instant correction or binary changing after one is sent out to a customer.

Last edited by Marine8541; 12-21-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
I believe, durametric's USB hardware uses softronic as their source

Old 12-21-2007, 01:27 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
While their system will flash they do not tune. The charge of the unit is also not as cost effective or user friendly for the tuners. There is not instant correction or binary changing after one is sent out to a customer.
It may not be as cost effective as a Softronic cable ,but then again it is self contained and doesnt require the purchase/use of a laptop. I would prefer to have 8 files for my ecu that I can carry in my pocket and flash the ECU in 20secs. I would rather not have to carry around the laptop and cable in order to flash my car when it is away from the garage. Many TTowners are concerned about warranty issues, what happens if the car is towed to the dealer and you do not have your laptop handy to return it to stock?Then again , those are all the choices we make and trade-offs are everywhere. There is no perfect solution out there.
I agree that they are not tuners but just providers of the interface, but that brings us back to the original question at hand... Who is the tuner for Vivid/ Softronic? Do you have an in-house load bearing dyno and write the files themsleves? Do you have a Bosch emulator? Are you reverse engineering the code or coming in the front door with new bosch code? Do you use multipliers?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have a simple and straight forward question