996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Uprated clutch with a stock feel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 AM
TwinT is on a distinguished road
Uprated clutch with a stock feel

whats the best option for me? 996tt with ECU flash, Milltek, and Panel filter.

and who has the best deals?

Many thanks

Old 12-30-2007, 03:35 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Have a chat with Kevin at UMW.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
If you are in the UK, check out the Cargraphic website, they have a great SACHS combo for high HP engines that keeps your stock feel and will never slip. Compare prices with the suppliers in the US though, some of the prices there have not reflected the full Euro appreciation and you could be better off even after shipping charges, but unlikely for a clutch assembly due to its weight.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:12 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
I bought mine at FVD ,sachs clutch with LWFW good for 700hp and drives like stock.The one like Kevin sells are also Sachs clutch I believe but I bought the one that holds more power,take a look at the FVD website and you can see the different stages..

Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Thumbs up

thanks Guys,

I may as well change the flywheel while I am at it??

I have emailed Kevin and had a reply about his GT3RS flywheel/Sachs setup, which I am very tempted by.

Does anyone know the weight of the GT3RS flywheel? or part number? I may be better ordering that part from the UK as that will be the heavy item I guess.

I had a LWFW on a M coupe previously and it revved much better, the trade off was a small amount of chatter but it did not bother me so much.

Happ new year to all.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:49 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Ditto. It is what I have/did. He covers all the parts (bolts, etc.). I did a LWFW at the same time. You don't have to do that. Feel on the clutch is exactly the same to me. I could not be happier.

JB

Originally Posted by MGS996TT
Have a chat with Kevin at UMW.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 AM
rs4fast is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't change the flywheel if you are looking for stock feel. LWFW are great an really let the engine rev easier, but you might get some chatter when engaging the clutch as well as some other minor issues.

Jack

Old 12-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Weight of GT3 RS flywheel is 12.5 Lbs. The standard dual-mass FW is 30.5 lbs. There will be some chatter when you are sitting at a traffic light with the clutch unengaged. Match it up with some squeaky brake pads and you can get some good stares when you pull up and stop. Clutch engagement feels the same as the stock unit.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Weight of GT3 RS flywheel is 12.5 Lbs. The standard dual-mass FW is 30.5 lbs. There will be some chatter when you are sitting at a traffic light with the clutch unengaged. Match it up with some squeaky brake pads and you can get some good stares when you pull up and stop. Clutch engagement feels the same as the stock unit.
a little bit of chatter is fine and I doubt it will be that noticeable over the noise of the Milltek.

I used to have Pagid yellows on a Lamborghini/brembo brake upgrade on my BMW and they used to squeal badly! I am sure people would think... 'that guy needs to take care of that nice car'

if only they knew how much money was spent on it!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:21 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rs4fast
I wouldn't change the flywheel if you are looking for stock feel. LWFW are great an really let the engine rev easier, but you might get some chatter when engaging the clutch as well as some other minor issues.

Jack
No other minor issues here. And, it is less burden on the bearings...perhaps.

Now, my ECU code idle knows about LWFW's. Both are UMW. That is an issue perhaps.... I love the revs. For the real world (not 130+mph), the lwfw is useful power every day in dd stuff....I love it. I cannot "enjoy" a GT700 in my life. The car is my main vehicle. I drive it all the time in all weather...and it is super. Rain. Whammo it is spot on. Snow...it has snow tires. Ice: I drive the beater rangie93. :-)

JB

Old 12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
My ecu knows nothing about the LWFW and it never stalls so I don't think an update for the ecu is needed...

Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
r34dy2walk is on a distinguished road
im going for the GT3RS Setup as well...