996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Brockway 920 alternative--OBD2 reader

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Gary in BR is on a distinguished road
Brockway 920 alternative--OBD2 reader

Hello everyone,

I have decided to add a Brockway 920 to my turbo Boxster.
Before I finalize my order are there any alternatives that offer the same features?

The reasons I like the Brockway is the single DIN install and it has an high end look to it.

I know Brockway does not make these any longer but I found a reseller with a few in stock.

All opinions are appreciated.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I looked round for a while, but in the end I just went with the 920 Din. I had the lights done in Amber to match the rest of the lights in the car. I really like it, it gives me the ability to watch both banks for A/F. These is an option for a shift light and a few other things.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I looked round for a while, but in the end I just went with the 920 Din. I had the lights done in Amber to match the rest of the lights in the car. I really like it, it gives me the ability to watch both banks for A/F. These is an option for a shift light and a few other things.
I agree with you and that is why the r920 is probably going to be the one that wins my money.

There does not seem to be many companies that offer devices that can compare.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Brockway is coming out with a new design in a few months.

I am waiting for that...it will be woth.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Are you reffering to the model that displays in a monitor? Or are they comming out with a new single din device?

Thanks
Gary

Old 03-03-2008, 12:33 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Brockway is coming out with a new single DIN unit with enhanced features.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Thats good news. Does anyone know what the new features will be?

I may shoot an email to them and see whats up.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I have already asked, they said they would email me when the product is closer to being ready. I like the fact I can reset the CEL codes.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Don't hold me to it, but it should have 256 color adjustable display, choice of monitoring three parameters at once, accelleration timer and all the other features of the 920, plus some other improvements geared toward datalogging.... I have seen the beta model and it looks very good.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks John,
With the 256 color display it sounds as if it will lose its simple OEM display.

Is this a correct assumption?

If you have any pictures you can PM me or post them.

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Gary,

I will be testing one of the first prototypes, as soon as it is ready. I will know more then and can share my findings at that time.

Although I am not at liberty to disclose photos, I can tell you that the new look is very clean and by 256 color adjustable, I mean that you can dial in the exact color of the OEM display by selecting from 256 colors, in order to get as close a match as possible...so in short, you can pick the individual display color of each of the three meters. They can all be the same or they can each be different.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
John D .....I am in like Gary as well...please keep me posted.

Best!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I just emailed them for an update, I'll let you all know what I find out.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 PM
maxboost will become famous soon enoughmaxboost will become famous soon enough
any updates

Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looks pretty neat keep us updated...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brockway 920 alternative--OBD2 reader