996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some TX2K8 pics and videos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:51 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Some TX2K8 pics and videos

My car facing Marty's (Woodster). This was on Friday.

The two cars on the left (Peter and Scott's) each have twice the horsepower of mine.

Sunday, getting ready for the 60-130:

Bob Helms (60-130 record of 3.9sec), Sean (our own Dr_Jitsu, street tire 60-130 winner), 3 unknowns, Peter Blach with the mic (HoustonT event organizer), and on the right end is our own PaulieWalnuts.

Friday night, heading out. You can see in Robmd99's eyes that even though his car is done and surpasses all that he had hoped for...it still isn't enough. Can anybody get that horsepower monkey off his back?!?!

Found these on the Surpa forum. I think I know whose Protomotive tuned monster this is...hmmmmm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_pfjD6zaZk

Thursday at Texas World Speedway:

Old 03-24-2008, 03:18 AM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing

// André

Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 AM
SinaJoon5 is infamous around these parts
wow that vid of that protomotive 996 was simply badass.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Much like a museum revealing near mythical creatures, the Lone Star Raceway on Friday hosted a live Protomotive display. You could see the fabled Knightons and crew work on the GT2 that belongs to PaulieWalnuts. For those bold enough to approach, questions were answered. For Paulie, dreams were answered! Seriously though, Todd and Cynthia were fantastic to everyone. They did at least 2 major jobs while down here and I saw them constantly get bombarded with curious and time consuming enthusiasts including myself. They were pleasant and helpful, not to mention just good people.

Todd keeps the laptop handcuffed to his wrist when he travels and when sleeping (note to self: buy a hacksaw...). You can sense Paulie's excitement. Todd has the expression of a candy store owner.

Mmmmmm, K24/18Gs with Switzer exhaust and optional cat deletes:

So how many people does it take to install spark plugs while eating pizza? Looks like Cynthia is doing all the work!

I told you Paulie was happy. Reminds me of the old Toyota commercials from the 70s: "You asked for it; you got it!" cue actor jumping in the air.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:38 AM
some 60-130 videos, including new world record

Tommy Bahn, last run of the day. I didn't catch his time.

Bob Helms: 3.9 seconds! Check out the rubber flying through the air.

My '01 996TT: 9.5 seconds.
Mods: Upsolute tune, 9ff exhaust, 19" wheels, 305/30/19 Bridgestone RE0950 rears (everything else is stock: airbox/filter, K16s).

Old 03-24-2008, 04:04 AM
Dr_Jitsu, winner of the 60-130 street tire class and third overall in the Ultimate Street Car Competition, had a complication on the way home Sunday. Here he is trying to find the engine:

I hope all turns out well Sean and that it is a basic fix. If not, then you might as well build a monster.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
roasterdoc, great pictures, they really give a good taste of the friendly atmosphere for those of us who were not there.

The Knighton couple are just amazing friendly people, and I can see that things have not changed, it is still Cynthia who does all the work while Todd plays with his laptop

Old 03-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Bwaaahahhah...I love the pic of Paulie who apparently forget to take his meds before coming out.

Is it my imagination, Chris, or do you seem to be fixated with my backside?

Nonetheless, great pics.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:08 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
great fotos!!!!!!!!!!!! Did Sean ever figure out the location of the engine??

Old 03-24-2008, 05:10 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Rob,

I looked and I looked but could not find it.

I towed it to Tommy's. Maybe he can find the darn thing. Porsche hides it pretty well.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:11 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great shots, looks like you guys had a blast.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:22 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Talking More Pics

6 speed represented by the Motley Trio
L to R Sean, Marty & Eric (AtomicZ ZO6) Sean is about to burst with excitement! Marty's ice capade's ballet pose

Marty "Woodster" note the confident stance & new watch

Vince "Wooosh" "Supra's you want some of this"?

Sean "Dr Jitsu" I'm da' man with hat in hand!

Paul "Paulie Walnuts" in the shade & Chase "Silvershark's" Son

Last edited by silvershark; 03-25-2008 at 05:52 AM. Reason: wrong word
Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
finally some pics, damn, what a gathering of incredible cars.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Fantastic pix. Thanks a lot, guys!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some TX2K8 pics and videos