996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A pre introduction to Pes-tunings new wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MWILENS is on a distinguished road
A pre introduction to Pes-tunings new wheels

These just came from the factory-first production ever and first picture.

Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2003, 03:14 PM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
Re: A pre introduction to Pes-tunings new wheels

Originally posted by MWILENS
These just came from the factory-first production ever and first picture.
is that for the 996 Turbos? Magnesium?

Old 07-11-2003, 03:41 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
These would look great if they had a bit of a lip.

A bit more like these would be nice.

Old 07-11-2003, 03:45 PM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by oak
These would look great if they had a bit of a lip.

A bit more like these would be nice.

LOL
nice rims Oak!
what are those? are they forged?

Old 07-11-2003, 04:20 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Yes ... a lip option would be nice ... how much do they compare in weight with competitor's wheel's ... also what sizes?

Old 07-11-2003, 04:33 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally posted by EM 996 GTS
LOL
nice rims Oak!
what are those? are they forged?
Thanks, they are the new forged HRE 843's.

Old 07-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
hey oak,

I had the same set on my previous M3 cabrio

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-11-2003, 09:04 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
I guess I am alone approving the spokes outboard look?

Oak - your car always looks great (partly your fault that I was "forced" to purchase HRE a few months ago). Those new wheels of yours certainly are sublime !

Old 07-12-2003, 01:35 AM
oak
Those 843's look awsome on the M3. The deeper lips accentuate the contours of the fenders, especially from a side angled perspective.

Doug, do you still have the 540R's? or the new 843's? Either way you can't go wrong with the 540R's they also look great.

Last edited by oak; 07-12-2003 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:41 AM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
These PES-tuning wheels look really aggressive with the bowed out spokes. They have an " OEM " look in a nice way. Sizes and weight ? Let's see them mounted on a car !

Old 07-12-2003, 12:07 PM
PN-
PN- is on a distinguished road
Hey Oak,

Nice rims buddy! congrats. Show me some new pictures or have your hommie updated buddy.

Cheers

Old 07-12-2003, 02:32 PM
oak
PN,
I have some new pics of the new 843's on the link under my sig. Sorry, I haven't had a chance to take some decent shots.

Old 07-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Oak;
I still have the 540R's in the garage. Probably for sale in a few weeks after I get around to swapping the AVS' (now on the TechArts) with the Cont's (now on the HRE's). HRE's will be sold with used 1700 mile AVS's.
I put the 19" TechArts on, and so far I like them!! I think HRE is a "better" wheel, but I still have that polishing mania "problem", and don't want to spend all my time polishing the HRE rim.
I also decided not to do the 843 because it would diminish the value of your car too much

Old 07-12-2003, 07:20 PM
oak
Doug , I know what youmean about the maintenance issue with the 540's, it is a labor of love. That's one of the main reason why I chose the 843's much less maintenance and easier to clean with the polished brushed and clear coated finish and no bolts! But I really like the look of the 540's, the Techarts are the easiest to keep clean and look spectacular.

Did you take delivery of your turbo today?

Old 07-12-2003, 10:07 PM
No turbo for me, at least not this year. Although I have been trying to do my part to help you guys keep the economy going, business is still very slow. Only C4S & Mercedes mods for me for now.
Although I did see a real clean brand spankin new gray E55 AMG at ByDesign today (along with it's very smiley owner).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A pre introduction to Pes-tunings new wheels