996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car won't sell???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:12 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Car won't sell???

Looking for help on why my car isn't selling. It's listed on Craigslist, Autotrader, Audizine, and here, and nothing. One person has looked at it.

Thanks for the help,
Ryan

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=132756

Old 07-07-2008, 05:30 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
I'm sorry to hear... I just got rid of a pristine 02 blk on blk with 21k, sport seats, ssk, RUF PSS9's, EVO DV's, new rubber all around, and an Upsolute reflash for 59k. That took 3 months... Trust me, i understand your pain. Put her up on ebay and take the hit. The market is ridiculously soft for Turbos right now. Be prepared to get less than asking... Good luck.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Looking for help on why my car isn't selling. It's listed on Craigslist, Autotrader, Audizine, and here, and nothing. One person has looked at it.

Thanks for the help,
Ryan

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=132756
Still looking for a b5? I can spread the word in the world for you as well.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
just indicative of current economic uncertainty and high gas prices...I've had one listed for a few weeks with no interest either (but it is over priced)...we may have to wait a while for a decent price or give them away...

Old 07-07-2008, 05:37 PM
schred is infamous around these parts
I feel for you and I am not sure if I would admit defeat and do the Ebay thing just yet. Toy sales are slow, I just sold a very nice 930 and took a big hit in doing so. I had it for sale in the usual places since Jan of this year. There is a buyer for your car, it is just going to take a while right now. Remember, there are a lot of people out there selling their non essential toys, cars, boats, etc right now. Dont give it away unless you have to. Hang in there,be patient and tell all the low ballers to take a hike. Your car is worth your price.
FS

Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
the economy is in bad shape.... I know a lot of people having a very hard time,, and it is only going to get worse before better.. the northeast is going to be hurting in the winter months with the price of home heating fuels... homes not selling... people unloading toys they dont need... and all the does is bring the values down even more... its not a pretty picture out there.. I really hope things turn around for the better soon... but I dont really see how it can.. we really need something short of a miracle.. I know it sounds depressing.. and it is... I need more xanax lol

Old 07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Speedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud of
For most enthusiasts your mileage is on the high side, if you lower the car into the 40s you will have better luck, good luck to you!

Old 07-07-2008, 06:38 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
It is a great price but as others have mentioned, the market is bad, there are too many 01's and 02's on the market. Cars with similar mileage are moving in the mid $40's. Bring it down to $48k and you should be able to move it.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
You've got to make it easy for them. Get the car seriously detailed and take some GORGEOUS magazine style hi-res shots. Make a detailed list of every option you have and return the car to as stock as possible.

The problem with selling on here is that people are aware that you've run a serious 60-130 time, are listed as one of the most stripped down/lightest cars on here and have taken out AWD. While not my view, I'm guessing most folks would rather buy a car that got babied and kept stock than one that go pushed to the max and/or tinkered with.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Maybe RWD is scaring people?

Old 07-07-2008, 06:59 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I think the market has a lot to do with it.. I was trying to sell a gallardo at a cheap price for 4 months.. no bites.. then I threw the towel in and just sold it at wholesale... things are bad out there but best of luck on the sale

Old 07-07-2008, 07:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
You're selling it as RWD? You must not have sold many cars before.

If you expect to get a good price for the car you can forget it in RWD. The only people who know how easily it's done are here on 6speed. To everyone else it's a MAJOR modification.

Get it switched back ASAP. Get some cheap tires for it. And with 54k you may get a low 50's, but 59k is a stretch for that mileage in this market.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
part it out

Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You're selling it as RWD? You must not have sold many cars before.

If you expect to get a good price for the car you can forget it in RWD. The only people who know how easily it's done are here on 6speed. To everyone else it's a MAJOR modification.

Get it switched back ASAP. Get some cheap tires for it. And with 54k you may get a low 50's, but 59k is a stretch for that mileage in this market.
+1. I wasnt implying he would get 59k, rather giving him an idea where the market is. Again it took me 3 months to get that. But i definitely agree on putting the car back to AWD

Originally Posted by GT650-25
part it out
Not much to part out. In this case he'd probably get more just leaving it as is...

Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
Grey Interior & High Miles, probably better to trade it in...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car won't sell???