996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got in Car accident last night.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Angry Got in Car accident last night.

I was at a major intersection at Biscayne Blvd and 163rd Street in Miami, right next to Solid Gold. I was coming up 163rd and it was very wet, The light was yellow and I decided not to run it since the roads were wet. I look in my rear view mirror and see a Nissan Altima plow into me at least 50 mph. His car was totaled.

The irony is my Mercedes is at the dealer and I decided to take my friends Honda accord because the roads were very wet. Had it been dry I would have been driving the TT. The Honda is pretty badly damaged, but thank god the guy who hit me has insurance and was also issued a summons. This is the first accident I have been in 15 years of driving so it really shook me up. Thank God no one was hurt other than a sore back.

Old 09-05-2003, 08:09 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
First glad to hear you are okay, second thank GOD it was only a Honda and not your Porsche!

Old 09-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MWILENS is on a distinguished road
glad your ok

you got lucky

Old 09-05-2003, 08:20 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Well if it was the TT you would have been driving faster thoroughout the evening so you would not be at that intersection at that exact time anyway right? I am just glad you are ok buddy and nothing more than a sore back - take a few days off and relax buddy!

Old 09-05-2003, 08:20 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear no one was hurt.... If he hit you at 50 mph you were very lucky not to sustain a major injury... I'm sure you will feel it more today and tomorrow.

The guy behind you must have seen you driving around in the TT before and thought you were going to run the light for sure...

Old 09-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
That is rough... glad to hear that you are alright.

Old 09-05-2003, 08:34 AM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
thank God that my twin brother TT is not hit @_@....

Old 09-05-2003, 08:45 AM
sentipede is on a distinguished road
Wow, pretty scary seeing that altima flying towards you i bet....at least there were no injuries or damaged Porsches... ;-)
Hope you're not too sore!

Old 09-05-2003, 08:46 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Glad to hear you are OK Duane. I can''t tell you how freaked out I get wehn stopping at a light. I always have the car in 1st gear, eyes in the rear view mirror and an escape route planned.

How bad of a hit did the Honda take?
How is your friend coping with the damage to his/her car? I guess he/she will not be letting you borrow it again!! Just kidding..

You will definitely feel the pain over the next couple of days at least. Do you work out? I have found that when you do on a regular basis, these traumatic events do not have as big of an impact phsically. Your body tends to be more resilient.

Best of luck with the recovery!!

Old 09-05-2003, 08:52 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Thanks guy's!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken I will take pics of the honda accord soon as I charge my Cam.
I work out 4 times a week plus I play tennis at least three times a week. My friend is pretty pissed but is happy no one was hurt. Lemme see if I have juice to take some pics, be right back!!

Old 09-05-2003, 09:05 AM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
(subliminal message)
Duane, (cgt) glad (cgt) you (cgt) were (cgt) to (cgt) crushed (cgt). However (cgt), don't (cgt) jump (cgt) to (cgt) the (cgt) conclusion (cgt) that (cgt) you (cgt) are (cgt) actually (cgt) not (cgt) hurt, (cgt) because (cgt) you (cgt) may (cgt) be (cgt) and (cgt) not (cgt) realize (cgt) it (cgt) yet.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:14 AM
AMG-ETR
Damn buddy, glad your ok. When I saw the thread I coulda sworn I was going to open it and see he TT or GT3 smashed... Very glad this isn't the case, and very glad you are ok... These people CAN'T drive down here!! Half of them don't speak english, and can't understand the signs, and the other half are 90 years old+, you have to be so carefull down here....its amazing....
Glad your ok,
Evan

Old 09-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Parker is on a distinguished road
Glad you're ok. Similar thing happened to me a few years back... the driver was accompanied by his wife and infant in the back seat. everyone was fine, but what a scare.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Thank god the guy had insurance because if not I would be receiving a life time supply of egg rolls since he owns a Chinese Restaurant.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Pics

Here are some pics. You cannot really see how hard the impact was until you see under the spare tire were the medal is just crushed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got in Car accident last night.