996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pagid Yellows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:35 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Pagid Yellows

There was a recent thread that I didn't get a chance to post to regarding pads. I use Pagid Yellows for the track. They are not street pads - they just don't work hard enough to get hot so they squeal like mad.

I find that they provide excellent modulation and never any fade. They also last a long time. I just ordered a new set from Dan at Vivid Racing. Excellent service and quick turnaround.

Jon

Old 08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Love the color of your turbo.

I also use Pagid Yellows and agree with all you've said. Now trying yellows up front and blacks on the rears to try and compensate for the front brake bias. I'll need some track time in order to give you an accurate report on the effectiveness of the combination.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
Love the color of your turbo.

I also use Pagid Yellows and agree with all you've said. Now trying yellows up front and blacks on the rears to try and compensate for the front brake bias. I'll need some track time in order to give you an accurate report on the effectiveness of the combination.
+1....

Old 08-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Been using pagid yellows, both with stock OEM calipers and now with the upgraded GT3 fronts and love them...

I posted pics in another thread where I got 15 track days out of the rears and 9 track days out of the fronts... They last a long time and are rotor friendly!

Mike

Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I have the same on the GT2 calipers, very happy with the setup but are a bit noisy. A couple of cycles of hard braking will quiet them.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Been using pagid yellows, both with stock OEM calipers and now with the upgraded GT3 fronts and love them...

I posted pics in another thread where I got 15 track days out of the rears and 9 track days out of the fronts... They last a long time and are rotor friendly!

Mike
WOW, 9 days is really good! How brake friendly are the tracks you ran around?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Love the Pagid Yellows great bite, and like people said they last a very long time! 8days on mine, and can probably last me another 5days...

Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chasen1211
Love the Pagid Yellows great bite, and like people said they last a very long time! 8days on mine, and can probably last me another 5days...
Ah, music to my ears. That means i can definitely get 10+ days with TH and LS. Chasen you guys going to be at the TMR Sept event for another nice 3 day track weekend?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
I just started school, so dunno if I can make the TMR events, but will definitely try to go to the NCRC event and the PCA event(dad will do this one).

I wish their was more weekend track days, but oh well...

will you be going to Reno-Fernly?

btw, which LS event are you doing?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
I just started school, so dunno if I can make the TMR events, but will definitely try to go to the NCRC event and the PCA event(dad will do this one).

I wish their was more weekend track days, but oh well...

will you be going to Reno-Fernly?

btw, which LS event are you doing?
Nah, i'm too much of a weany to drive that far for one day...

No LS events scheduled yet. After i finish my 4 days in Sept i'll start looking for some LS events and by then i'm sure i'll need new pads and rotors. Which rotors did you end up going with?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:21 AM
So you won't be going to the NCRC TH event? It should be TONS of track time!!!

totally lagging on preping the car for our next event... we're probably just gunna go with stock rotors, even though they won't last as long, they're cheaper that going a custom...

Old 08-28-2008, 12:42 AM
So you won't be going to the NCRC TH event? It should be TONS of track time!!!

totally lagging on preping the car for our next event... we're probably just gunna go with stock rotors, even though they won't last as long, they're cheaper that going a custom...
O no i'll definitely be there. I have the TMR, GGR two day and NCRC events in Sept. After those i'll start signing up for LS and possibly SP events.

Ya i need to do toe links, two harnesses, helmet and HANS possibly dog bones, mono *****, and wheels/tires by the TMR event.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:49 AM
wow! that's a pretty comprehensive list there...

Don't forget about rotors and brake fluid.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
I've used pagid yellows on my 996TT several times over the past few years. I think they're pretty good...., but for me, I've found that the Performance Friction 01 compound brake pads seemed to have a harder initial bite, and was more resistant to fade.

That being said, I'm still using the pagid yellows on my Cayman S.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Summit Point and VIR both have a bit of elevation change, high speed braking sections, and they eat up brakes pretty hard...

I swear by PAGID yellows, but don't forget the rotors I use are slotted and NOT drilled!

Mike

Originally Posted by CarNerd
WOW, 9 days is really good! How brake friendly are the tracks you ran around?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pagid Yellows