996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sooo Much trach in the ducts...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:18 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
mine were "glued" in.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:40 PM
HokuLina is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome, the woven mesh is very nice! Who's gonna start putting kits together?

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
So I contacted the speed shop I use for serious work, Dougherty's (think Seschgang's mechanic....top notch and very much "the" place to go for a bunch of the RTR instructors...).

$875 to install stainless mesh. Granted, it is woven, top of the line, stuff, but that is a lot of dollars for mesh IMHO. The labor is the issue.....105/hr at their shop (some of their mechanics are Rolex/LeMans/etc. level....so to me well worth it...anyway....I had this idea:

Get top of the line mesh, cut to fit and put a rim of some sort of ruber edge material on it.

Zip tie it to the OEM plastic from the front (take a look at this month's excellence, there is a 930 turbo DD in the back that has a loose mesh in front.....looks find to me to be honest).

Drive and enjoy the 600 dollars or more still in the pocket.

Source of the mesh would be: customcargrills.com

I figure I could under cut just a tiny bit to avoid scraping the paint....say 1cm or less all the way around.

Do the OEM grill slats snap in and out of the bumper while it is still on the car? That would be a wonderful thing.....

Jeff