996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New to me stable mate VIPER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
New to me stable mate VIPER

I know I have not been around much b/c I have been lurking on the Viper forums a bit to learn about my new toy. Pics of C6Z06 comming soon its getting some mods put on. I though the snake would be a nice complement to my Pcar. Totally different rides all together that's for sure. What's the saying? Date an American, marry a German.

Attached Images   
Old 01-15-2009, 06:53 PM
JuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to all
I always liked the SRT's. Car looks great!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Looking good, Tom!! What mods are you planning for her?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Thanks everyone. Adam, I may sound like a p***y here but the car is a bit intimidating compared to out proto tuned cars that on coilovers are so darn stable at high speeds and twistys. I'm done on mods for now until I learn to drive this beast that from I hear from so many others commands much respect. I quickly had to spring for new clutch and lw fw, some front right susp components that were toast too. I already added the Iforged revs in 19/20 and ps2's so that's about it for now until I buid some confidence. The Vette has nanny control but this one is all ***** out. A friend who has had many vettes and vipers said the snake is kinda like a woman, when you get on her you never know how she will react. Not trying to offend any of our gals out there but lets just say 505 hp with a car that rumbles, vibrates and has no traction control is good for me for now. Hope you are well bro!

Tom

Old 01-15-2009, 07:27 PM
mustangrodtp is on a distinguished road
Nice Purchase. Be careful!!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 PM
HIBOOST is on a distinguished road
Looks good. Congrats!!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
fastz33 is on a distinguished road
hot!!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 PM
soothsayer will become famous soon enough
very nice. congrats!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:26 PM
DII
Banned
DII is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the pickup! I'm on the VCA forum as well. Enjoy the snake. KW coilovers totally transform the ride and handling of this car.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
DII
Banned
DII is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
Thanks everyone. Adam, I may sound like a p***y here but the car is a bit intimidating compared to out proto tuned cars that on coilovers are so darn stable at high speeds and twistys. I'm done on mods for now until I learn to drive this beast that from I hear from so many others commands much respect. I quickly had to spring for new clutch and lw fw, some front right susp components that were toast too. I already added the Iforged revs in 19/20 and ps2's so that's about it for now until I buid some confidence. The Vette has nanny control but this one is all ***** out. A friend who has had many vettes and vipers said the snake is kinda like a woman, when you get on her you never know how she will react. Not trying to offend any of our gals out there but lets just say 505 hp with a car that rumbles, vibrates and has no traction control is good for me for now. Hope you are well bro!

Tom
You are 100% correct. I was positively FRIGHTENED by this car after I got it completely sideways on the freeway driving home from the dealership! Thank goodness I recovered.

The car is very very direct and wild in nature, but I can honestly say the KW's help out alot. Right now if you floor it from about 30mph in 1st, your nose shoots in the air like a rollercoaster right? The coils remedy that problem. Same for some of the nasty bucking and twitching when your aggressive with the throttle and steering inputs.

Im sticking with the stock motor too, this car is a handlful already.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:54 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Congrats,

Great color and fun car!

Kudos to you for learning to drive it first before modding an already squirrely car
if driven wildly! (I have owned 7 911's prior to driving my car in the manner it is meant to be)

Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 AM
rdf16 will become famous soon enoughrdf16 will become famous soon enough
Just sold my 04 760hp Viper, while not a 911 it was a blast to drive. I always liked
the way it shook at idle, you knew there were a lot of ponies under the hood.

RD

Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
hardtop is on a distinguished road
Good looking car, i love my 99 GTS because it's raw.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by rdf16
I always liked
the way it shook at idle
I dunnoo why I find this funny?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Tom, Good choice in going slowly. I had a sc'ed viper of the gen. 2 variety. It made well over 700 hp and was a handful with no nanny features at all. Very fun and actually a much better track car than many give credit for. They can be a lot like a gt2, very fun, and oh so quick but needing a constant reminder of smooth, mindful throttle inputs.

Enjoy her in good health. John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to me stable mate VIPER