996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are new Kias' reliable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:04 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
banged it up. She refuses to share any maintanance costs (she broke out in tears when I tried to get her to split the 40K service charges). Her idea of
Out of curiosity, how much was the 40k service? I am occasionally tempted by the idea of a used CTT...

Hence she is forced to drive her 7 year old Altima to work during the week. It has 145K so I am looking for a cheap replacement. At the auto show this week, she loved the Kia SUV's and they are offering 5K rebates.

I heard that Kia has improved tremendously but am still a bit suspicious.
Ignoring the rather lax use of the word "forced" (), a friend had one and hasn't had any trouble with it. At all. The cars now have a reputation for being just as reliable as any Japanese cars, and they usually come with rather lengthy warranties (6 years). Of course, this applies to the new-ish ones, and I have no idea how it applies to the SUVs, but they've been around as long as the cars, so I should hope they've ironed out the kinks.

Sure, it's cheap, and will feel it, but as something utterly practical, why not?

Oh, and +1 on the Hyundai idea

Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 PM
dblock06 will become famous soon enough
Just curious....what do you mean that your wife refuses to pay the bill?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Sean,

Why the hell do you have the CTT in the first place if wifey is barely driving it? I say dump the CTT and get her an X3 and meet right in the middle. Its not going to break her heart if she trashes the thing and you know her and the little one will be safe. Plus BMW has a great maintenance/service program. Eitherway, whether its a kia or bemer, i'm still trying to figure out the novelty of four cars for you and one for the wife.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
+1 on the Hyundai over Kia. Hyundai has come a long way and became a reliable brand. Kia is still catching up. btw I don't like anything short for Killed In Action.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
40K service was $850.

Ben, I have thought about trading for an X3 but I will take too much of a hit. Plus I love having the utility of the CTT. I plan on keeping it (and all 4 of my cars) for a a while. Actually the GT2 and M3 I want to keep forever if I could.

My wife needs a car that can do 20K a week and get treated like sh*t. Every week her Altima has a new ding and or scratch. My wife is a wonderful mother, she treats me and my son very well and wife I love her dearly...but she trashes material possessions like a 70's rock band.

I may also go w/ a Honda CRV or a Subaru.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
It was hard not to laugh knowing you but wish you the best in finding a good ride.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:25 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
how about the dacia sandero !

http://www.dacia-sandero.com/?lang=ro

Old 01-28-2009, 05:51 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Hey Doc, why don't you get her a donkey? At the very least, when she parks at the store in the parking spot and some geriatric swings open their door like the inside of their car is on fire the Donkey can just move out of the way!!!??? No door dings and killer mileage. oh yeah, the exhaust...forget it...

Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Sean have you driven any of the new Hondas ....... I think you had one prior to the Cayenne. To be honest I think they are very impressive. I'm not sure about their SUV models but the cars are pretty damn impressive for the money.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Reliable? Who gives a flip? They're DISPOSABLE.

Agreed.... When the warranty runs out, just leave it on the side of the road and go buy another.

On a serious note, I think the reliablity of Korean cars in general has come a long way in the past 5 years. Go ahead and do it!

Justin

Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ttboost
Hey Doc, why don't you get her a donkey? At the very least, when she parks at the store in the parking spot and some geriatric swings open their door like the inside of their car is on fire the Donkey can just move out of the way!!!??? No door dings and killer mileage. oh yeah, the exhaust...forget it...
LOL. Dr J. I told you.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ben, Yes, I really like the CRV...my wife liked the Kia's more however...she said the Honda was "too expensive" God bless her.

Of course I just spent $1100 on my sons first month of Montessori school and my wife pulled him out after a week, so she is not really a money saver.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
...she said the Honda was "too expensive" God bless her.
Sean ...... this is the single most important question in this thread .... Does your wife have a sister? If so, bring her to the next meet. That is all.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Yes she does, Ben and as long as she goes to the gym she is hot....not as sweet as my wife, however so you may have to discipline her a bit

Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I think the Kia could be a good choice, esp with the price for one.

I love my Z71 as a daily because you aren't super small and you can monster truck whatever gets in the way. Though if I move to this side of town (Westheimer area) I maybe driving my Porsche more often because I don't get to drive it as much as I want to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are new Kias' reliable