996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are new Kias' reliable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Are new Kias' reliable

Stop laughing right now and listen

And mods, I know that this is the 996TT/GT2 section, but we don't have a Kia section and all the smartest people post here so.....

I purchased a CTT for my wonderfull wife 2 years ago and she immediately banged it up. She refuses to share any maintanance costs (she broke out in tears when I tried to get her to split the 40K service charges). Her idea of maintanence is "putting gas in it"...which she also rarely does. She brings the car back filthy (INSIDE AND OUT!!!) everytime she drives it, which is only on weekends.

Hence she is forced to drive her 7 year old Altima to work during the week. It has 145K so I am looking for a cheap replacement. At the auto show this week, she loved the Kia SUV's and they are offering 5K rebates.

I heard that Kia has improved tremendously but am still a bit suspicious.

Any insight is appreciated.

And stop laughing!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Dr J,
You are leaving this wide open. LOL

Old 01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Onetime
Dr J,
You are leaving this wide open. LOL

You guys aren't going to forget about this, are you?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:34 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
OK, a question for the moderators...How can we block this thread from showing up on our computers when we log in?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:46 PM
David9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond repute
How about a Toyota Yaris for $11K? Reliable and better resale than a Kia.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
David,

The Yaris is way too small...the 6 banger Kias are the perfect size and they are offering 5K rebates.

I hear that pre 2003 they were trouble but have really come along in the last 5 years. The Sedonia (yes, a minvan) is rated very high on Edmunds.

TT,

Meanie!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Sean, I'd recommend looking at the Hyundai instead. I have a very good friend who is a senior troubleshooter with Hyundai and He's impressed upon me time and again that the quality of their cars over the last 3 years has gone thru the roof. Maintenance and warranty are top shelf, and the car is a solid performer in general, in most of their product line.

I've actually considered replacing my wife's BMW (that I hit a deer with on Saturday night ) with one of Hyundai's mid-upper level 4 door sedans!

Also, Last January we bought my youngest son a brand new Toyota Corolla for $15000 out the door... Cloth interior, automatic, A/C, CD, USB port... Nice little car and a solid performer for the money.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 01-27-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, I've looked at the KIA's...and they're not bad looking.. But not as good as the Hundai's....Some of the Hundai designs are more attractive than a lot of the competition..they also have a 100K mile warranty with them...great for a "no maintenance" wife (and/or daughters) who thinks when a red light shows on the dash means Christmas is coming.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
big question sean is... what are your planned mods on the KIA??

Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Reliable? Who gives a flip? They're DISPOSABLE.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
wowgogs is on a distinguished road
My father in law has a KIA SUV for 5 years and hasn't had a single problem
But why not just let her drive the Cayenne then you don't have to spend any money at least not up front...

Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys...I have heard that the Hundais are good...also heard that the Kias are now as good.

As mentioned above, wifey doesn't take care of the CTT and her daily commute is 70 miles. Furthermore, her parking lot is PACKED full of people who have no respect for a nice car.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Speaking of Hundais...I saw a Genesis and was AMAZED...daddy wants one!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Jitsu, you should be the first to do a KIA with twin GT35s....

Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
NotEvenAllowed is on a distinguished road
So your car lineup is going to be a modded G35, a supercharged M3, a promotive Gt2, a CTT, and a Kia?

Hhahahahahaha, no wait..., hahahaha

Seriously though, considering what you said in the initial post I guess it makes sense. But if your going for reliability, isn't toyota the gold standard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are new Kias' reliable