996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The rubber piece inside, side inlet has faded, anyway to get it black again?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 AM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
The rubber piece inside, side inlet has faded, anyway to get it black again?

I tried to treat it with no luck. Will spary paint stick/last on that surface?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Adam's polishes VRT might bring it back. It helped me out a bunch.

adamspolishes.com

GL,
Ryan

Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Look for a product called UV2. It's an aerospace grade protectant that I've found to work great for bringing these old pieces back to life.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
First, I hope we are talking about the same piece. I'm referring to the plastic "continuation" inside the side intercooler inlet connected to the outer "shiny" painted part.
Have you ever thought of replacing the part? I'm interested because I would like to know if anyone has ever gotten to it and removed it. My interest is in painting that inner piece to match the "speed yellow" highlights found all over my car.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
Yes, thats the part.

I feel that paint would eventually crack and look worse??

Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drhenrock
I feel that paint would eventually crack and look worse??
My plan is actually to take the part in question to a professional and have it painted, along with the same interior part that the GT2 has at the intakes on the wing struts. I think if it's professionally done with the right paint, it will last a long time. Is your car parked outside?

Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Mothers has a product called Back to Black that may work. I used it a few years back on a Civic and it worked on some plastic...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Griot makes a product that does the trick.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Try Black Wow!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Forever Black is another one.

You may luck painting it yellow if you use paint with an additive like Xim which is made for painting plastic.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
if you are talking about the out side vent on the turbo with the inside plastic piece I would say Black Wow is the best bet it last a long time and will hold up.