996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2005 911 Turbo S Cab (NooB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:35 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
2005 911 Turbo S Cab (NooB)

Ok folks, I am the prod new owner of a 2005 Turbo S Cab, 6k miles. I am what at least I consider to be a fairly competent engineer and have always maintained my own cars.

I am having a tremendous problem in Finding info and procedures to do things as simple as an Oil change. I have not yet looked under the car but have no idea where the oil filter is for example.

Is there are source for after market workshop manuals for this car. Porsche wants $3500 for theirs.

Also is there a dedicated forum anywhere for these classic cars?

Also I would like info on upgrading the ECU and getting rid of the restrictive exhaust system. we should be able to get 550hp out of this thing with relatively little effort and hopefully not an astronomical cost.

Regards,

Old 03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
am sure that you will find all u need to know on this site, the correct mods will make a world of difference.. i diid the exhaust 1st then the flash (3 before i went for giac) read the existing posts and get as many ideas as pos... remember once u mod it nerver stops good luck it will be fun

Old 03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
ECU and exhaust will put you at 560 hp. The car is bullet proof. Enjoy.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Ok folks, I am the prod new owner of a 2005 Turbo S Cab, 6k miles. I am what at least I consider to be a fairly competent engineer and have always maintained my own cars.

I am having a tremendous problem in Finding info and procedures to do things as simple as an Oil change. I have not yet looked under the car but have no idea where the oil filter is for example.

Is there are source for after market workshop manuals for this car. Porsche wants $3500 for theirs.

Also I would like info on upgrading the ECU and getting rid of the restrictive exhaust system. we should be able to get 550hp out of this thing with relatively little effort and hopefully not an astronomical cost.

Regards,
Great talking with you!

Shoot me an email when you have a minute.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Great talking with you!

Shoot me an email when you have a minute.
thank you email sent.

SWR

Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Welcome !

Check your PM.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Yves:

I Got your message, I do not have enough posts yet to send a PM, would you please help me out and contact the user for me and explaining my plight?

Thanks again.

Regards,

SWR

Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Yves:

SWR

Old 03-05-2009, 09:42 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Welcome. I would suggest calling Dan at Vivid Racing (board sponsor). He can help you out with your exhaust and tuning needs.

Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider

Regards,