996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clutch recommendations for 600hp+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
+1 rep for Justin and Wes, removing the spring made the clutch feel just like my stock Cayman S clutch except for being a little heavier. Feels great to feel like I know what I'm doing again.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:44 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Thanks for the help guys! So far this seems like a great, cheap mod for people with "difficult" clutches.

I can't imagine trying to put this back in though!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 PM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tvurt
Thanks for the help guys! So far this seems like a great, cheap mod for people with "difficult" clutches.

I can't imagine trying to put this back in though!
LOL, hopefully you won't have to....

if you did, I think you would need to remove the pedal assembly to make it easier. Glad I could be of assistance As you will find out over time, the clutch is much more controllable than with that blasted spring in place.

Justin

Old 06-21-2009, 03:40 PM
SleeperX is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ttboost
The spring removal? I think so, not a lot, but a little. Again, I haven't had a chance to drive it after I removed the spring, except to move it around the garage, but it felt better. I'll post my opinion on this 5 minute, free clutch mod after I drive it, probably this weekend.
Any updates? How does it feel?

Old 06-21-2009, 03:44 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Any updates? How does it feel?

A little better, but not a huge difference. If you take it out, you'll not likely put it back in, so no penalty for taking it out anyway.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:31 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
After a few hundred miles, this was the difference between hating my clutch and thinking its ok (Sachs stage 4 +clutchmasters).

Old 06-21-2009, 09:52 PM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
right to all... it's not a huge difference, it's just enough to make it more manageable... so you don't hate it as much

Justin