996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Carbon Roof Conversion

Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
I'll contact Akram, I agree the weight saving's and the look should be pretty nice.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TonyNJ
I'll contact Akram, I agree the weight saving's and the look should be pretty nice.

In the M3 they claim it drops the center of gravity on the car as well. It makes sense from an engineering standpoint, but I don't how much you'd feel it.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
It's the way to go if you want to lose weight. The getty piece is what Tom is getting and I think is less than 1k even for CF.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Gentleman,

Thanks for posting the questions on the carbon roof issue.

As with every product that carries the GMG brand name you are assured the product has proven itself before it is offered to you the public.

The roof we offer is fully structural part and has been tested and proven in professional motorsports competition.

Rest assured that if you have a professional install the part who knows what he is doing you will have no issues with the part itself.

Additionally not all carbon parts are created equal. This part is manufactured in the USA and not overseas. Additionally we use a several layers of avaition grade carbon fiber and kevlar matt to ensure a part that can easily withstand the pressure created on a the vehicle at high speeds. Additionally the resin that we use in our carbon is aviation grade resin that does is UV resistant.

If you need to see a roof installed on a car please let me know, I have a car in the area that has had the part installed.

Here are some pictures of the roof being installed on a clients car..

Please dont try this at home what you are about to see is work being performed by trained professionals.

If you are in So Cal and need a roof installed or state of the art chassis repair feel free to contact me.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 03-16-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Thanks Fabryce. Is your roof clearcoated as well? It looks like it on the picture?

Also how does the underside look? Need a headliner or no?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Fabryce aproxametly what is the total cost installed for the conversion?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Heavy here is a picture from inside the vehicle:

996TT owners can purchase a OEM GT2 or GT3 headliner

The roof does not come clear coated however we do recommend that the installing body shop clear coat the roof once it is installed on the vehicle.

Nineninesixtt

Installation costs vary from shop to shop there is additonal re-inforcement that needs to be done to the inner structure of the green house structure in the car which we do.

For a quote on install please call me directly, there are just to many options to quote an accurate price.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:01 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
ohh.. very nice. 40lbs def helps

Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
my roof is coming off today, will let ya know how this goes!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Banned
jmenge is on a distinguished road
Wow can't wait to see the outcome

Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
GT2rainge is just really niceGT2rainge is just really niceGT2rainge is just really niceGT2rainge is just really nice
Does it really bolt on can anyone confirm thi?.As a body man i can't see how this can work with both front and rear screens bonded in place. Also bolting in place won't be nearly as strong as bonding surely?
cheers Neil

Old 07-17-2019, 04:54 AM
jimmyz2 is on a distinguished road
Really sorry to bring back this thread from the dead, but my dog keeps barking, "roof, roof, roof!"......