996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2 kids died on my street today while street racing!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy 2 kids died on my street today while street racing!

Really sad. It happeded in Coral Springs, in a school zone too.
I feel really bad for the families. The body's were covered up and one kid was edjected from the car. The car was a smashed up ball. It was a hard thing for me to see.
Just another reason why street racing is stupid. I blame these Fast and the Furious movies.
To make the movies more realistic they should have a few death's in them.

Here's the story.

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/C56597/

Old 10-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
That sucks bad, hey guys take it to the track.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:31 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Yeah in 2Fast 2Furious the one guy in the supra goes flying into a wall but then just walks away which is not exactly a good representation of real life.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:34 AM
jwa
jwa will become famous soon enough
I totally agree, in movies they should show the negative effects of street racing. It's just horrible what happens in these crashes!

Old 10-14-2004, 06:52 AM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
As long as no bystanders were hurt I see no harm done. Gotta have some way of cleansing the earth if nature cant do it all.. Sorry I have no remorse for kids like this......to me its just 2 less kids on the road that could have killed my daughter. I am so sick and tired of yelling at kids speeding through my neighborhood.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:58 AM
jwa
jwa will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by flatsixnut
As long as no bystanders were hurt I see no harm done. Gotta have some way of cleansing the earth if nature cant do it all.. Sorry I have no remorse for kids like this......to me its just 2 less kids on the road that could have killed my daughter. I am so sick and tired of yelling at kids speeding through my neighborhood.

I agree with you, but what happens when innocents get involved?

Old 10-14-2004, 07:33 AM
fbrick is on a distinguished road
I have lost track of the number of high schoolers who have killed themselves, and/or their passengers, in only the last two weeks here in the Washington, D.C. (suburban) area. Parents need to take some of the responsibility and blame.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:39 AM
CFZ
CFZ is on a distinguished road
Wow that is crazy, since I live right off of Coral Ridge & Lakeview.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:50 AM
Banned
SixtySix will become famous soon enough
My patience for street racing has gone down the tubes. Have I been street racing before... yes. But but when kids [refering to their maturity level] start doing this on crowded streets, in neighborhoods and DURING THE DAY TIME, that when I call the life guard and ask them to be removed from the gene pool.

Old 10-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Coral Ridge Drive is surrounded by 4 schools. It's a posted 40mph zone with some sections listed at 35mph. It is also all residential.
I feel bad for his passenger, who may have wanted nothing to do with what had happened.
The Police need to impound street racers vehicles for at least 3 month's, and also take away their licences. I know most of us here don't always obey posted speed limit sign's, And I am one of
them. Unfortunately poor judgement runs rampant. There is a time and place for this kind of behaviour, and this wasn't one of them.

Old 10-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Zack G.
Wow that is crazy, since I live right off of Coral Ridge & Lakeview.
What community? Im in Heron Bay. We're neighbours.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 PM
rakjoe can only hope to improve
Great, let's blame it on the movie !
let's ban those movies and maybe the Internet too.
6speed is pro speed pro death, ban it!
our youth should be speared of those anti social behavior mediums yada,yada,yada...

BACK TO THE U.S.S.R

Old 10-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Rex0071% is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a time and place for this kind of behaviour, and this wasn't one of them.

amen.....

two kids sound like they basically committed suicideĂ¢â‚¬Â¦Ă¢â‚¬Â¦cars are getting faster, kids arenĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t getting smarter.....

Old 10-14-2004, 05:19 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is on a distinguished road
"TAKE IT TO THE TRACK" RIP

Old 10-15-2004, 12:04 AM
craiglieberman is on a distinguished road
Agree...and disagree.

As the Tech Advisor on BOTH Fast & Furious movies, I can tell you that the studio was VERY concerned about illegal street racing. They did all sorts of things to show consequences, offer alternatives, even did Public Service Announcements.

The movies are not to blame, IMHO.

Society and its' members need to take responsibility for their own actions: parents who give kids fast cars are partly to blame. Parents who don't spy on their kids and monitor their activities as often as possible are partly to blame. Ultimately, the person who commits the act is to blame.

Its' tragic when young lives are lost. If I were governor, teens would be required to go to Skip Barber driving schools for a week, as would all new drivers from foreign countries. Teens' cars would have 65 mph government installed speed limiters and first time offenders would be banned from driving until 21. All immigrants would have to pass an English test and all DMV driving testers would be Skip Barber instructors.

That's my soap box preaching for the day.

Condolences to the families.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 kids died on my street today while street racing!