996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mod GT2 vs Mod TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 05:37 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Mod GT2 vs Mod TT

In this months GT Purely Porsche they put a 585HP TT with a 600 HP GT2 against the clock

Its interesting that the TT is faster throughout the whole range and including top end due to 4WD of course

In fact if you compare the modified TT times to just about any other supercar, except perhaps the ENZO & Carrera GT its miles ahead

Is this the best balance for a supercar circa 550 - 600 HP with 4wd still ??????

Old 10-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
I haven't seen the article, but the result surprises me.

A GT2 is at least 100kg lighter than a TT and has less transmission losses. Thus a GT2 with similar power should be faster at both acceleration and top speed. The only point a TT will beat it is in the launch due to 4wd.

I therefore conclude (without reading it of course) that either the GT2 driver was not that good at launching the car (and it needs practice), or the cars were not truly similar in power/torque, which is especially likely if these were claimed power levels rather than dynoed ones.......

Just my 2p.

I'll go and buy the magazine now and find my comments are probably totally wrong!

Guy

Old 10-20-2004, 01:13 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
GT2 and a TT, very different driving experience.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:09 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
I reckon the power on the GT2 was probably down and not what was stated,

all the best
adam

Old 10-20-2004, 10:14 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Re: Mod GT2 vs Mod TT

Originally posted by RichardCH
In this months GT Purely Porsche they put a 585HP TT with a 600 HP GT2 against the clock

Its interesting that the TT is faster throughout the whole range and including top end due to 4WD of course

In fact if you compare the modified TT times to just about any other supercar, except perhaps the ENZO & Carrera GT its miles ahead

Is this the best balance for a supercar circa 550 - 600 HP with 4wd still ??????
I have been saying this for sometime now. I have run against many a GT2 and unless it is on a very tight course, my turbo always wins.

I have yet to see an Enzo or CGT beat KA either.

Old 10-20-2004, 12:42 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
yea, but your car isn't the norm when it comes to suspension, that things a beast

what were the suspension mods on these cars?

Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Just read the article.

It says both cars were driven by their respective (non-qualified) owners, which basically makes a figures comparison meaningless. It also said the GT2 hit the limiter several times, which worsens times and proves the 'amateur' nature of the test.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
This whole issue about the turbo and GT2 is really a bunch of hype. Yes, they are different, the differences can be big in feeling (experience) however when you pry off the mystic, one can be made into the other rather easily.

From my perspective, Porsche has never really made the car I wanted. What do I want?

1) A stock turbo with three programs to choose from.
2) A turbo with a GT2 suspension abeit three/four way adjustables.
3) AWD with:
a) PSM on.
b) PSM off where it won't come back on automatically.
c) PSM where the sensor values can to adjusted.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:19 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Modded Turbos

I'd be very interested in an honest road and track comparison with modded cars. No doubt the GT2 would have the more desired rwd tossability but is it faster than a slightly more modded TT?

Last edited by NelsonF; 10-21-2004 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:44 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
I dont believe those GT2 performance numbers in that article.

Old 10-25-2004, 01:36 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by cjv
This whole issue about the turbo and GT2 is really a bunch of hype. Yes, they are different, the differences can be big in feeling (experience) however when you pry off the mystic, one can be made into the other rather easily.

From my perspective, Porsche has never really made the car I wanted. What do I want?

1) A stock turbo with three programs to choose from.
2) A turbo with a GT2 suspension abeit three/four way adjustables.
3) AWD with:
a) PSM on.
c) PSM where the sensor values can to adjusted.

Old 10-25-2004, 03:37 PM
cjv
Originally posted by KSA Turbo
KSA Turbo,

My how history tends to repeat itself. I can remember back in July 2001 when people were about attempts to obtain 500 rwhp from a 996tt motor.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:01 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
The TT numbers are very quick though

maybe the GT2 isn't representative but the "unqualified" tuned TT driver was very very fast and not too many cars will beat those numbers except an Enzo/Carrera GT etc Any high end Merc Aston Martin Vanquish S etc is just miles behind !

Old 10-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Carolina Speed
james is on a distinguished road
[/B][/QUOTE]

It won't come back on automatically unless you hit the brakes beyond a 7 degree slip angle. The inputs will still sense, but the outputs won't engage. Try it out.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:18 AM
cjv
Originally posted by james

It won't come back on automatically unless you hit the brakes beyond a 7 degree slip angle. The inputs will still sense, but the outputs won't engage. Try it out. [/B][/QUOTE]

We have tried it. Thanks for the input.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mod GT2 vs Mod TT