996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

$60K for 996 GT2 w/ 19K miles??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
I have not picked up the car yet, I'm planning on going down there on Friday to get it. I have to take my wife and the 4runner for the second set of wheels and factory exhaust (has Tubi on it).

I'll post pictures when I get it cleaned up Saturday.

Car is going to need a little attention before I'm ready to start terrorizing the track/autox/street such as clear bra, 2 small dents removed, wheel curb rash repaired, and I'd like to get the 30K service done early since the car is 7 years old...

I may take the time to change the transmission lubricant and brake fluid while I'm in there.

Stay tuned for updates next week.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Man its gonna be a long week for you, I dont know how you are gonna have the patience to wait all week. If it were me I would be calling in sick on monday

Old 06-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
Well guys it looks like the car won't be coming home with me! PM me if you would like the contact info, its a good car but the seller may try to change the price on you!!!!

I talked to the seller today and he told me that the price has now gone up $3000. Frankly, I'm not opposed to paying that much for the car, but we had agreed upon a price Sunday, and then Monday I contacted him to say I had the check coming from the bank and I would be down Thursday or Friday (at his convenience) to complete the transaction. Today at 4pm as I was getting everything ready to come down tomorrow he let me know that I would need another $3k.

He told me he doesnt have another buyer for the car, but that he feels the new price is the minimum he can let it go for... which again is a reasonable price, but not the amount we had settled earlier this week. I can't bring myself to pay the additional $3K based on principle and the fact that I feel I am being screwed after we established a price.

I told him if he had a change of heart he can give me a call prior to 0900 tomorrow morning as I will be contacting the bank to cancel the cashiers check at that time (which fortunately I have not given to him).

Has anyone ever had this happen before?? I can honestly say that no one has ever decided to change the price on me after I had drafted the funds and commited to a price and pickup date. I could understand if he had a better offer on the table, but just deciding to change the price after negotiations have ceased WTF?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:17 PM
StrathRoy is infamous around these parts
Sounds like this guy you have been dealing with believes in the old Star Wars saying - "a deal is a deal until a better one comes along".

Old 06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
PCarTT is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that Colt... I was following the thread and you were excited about this purchase. I guess a man's word is not good enough anymore. That's a shame.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah I guess not.... I accepted an offer on my 1988 M6 and before the deposit had come in another offer was on the phone. I chose to go with the original guy since we had already reached an agreement and the deposit was enroute. I assumed (yes we all know what that means) that this guy was of the same caliber- oh well.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
What an SOB! Do you happen to have your agreement in writing? I was looking forward to you getting this car and seeing the pics.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:29 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear,
that was to be a good deal.

MK

Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Let me get this straight...he agreed to 70 but then wanted 73....did he then want another 3K?

Sounds like he is mentally unstable, although that should be the case for anyone selling a GT2 in good shape for 70K....Even 76K is an excellent deal, but the problem is, it might be 79 by the time you give this whack job the check.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
He sounds like a schmuck.

I just spoke to one of my three lawyers in my family, yes I'm covered for speeding tickets thank you. He told me if you have anything in writing like an email you could use that to try to enforce the agreement. He said that it depends on the state but generally if it's over $500 a written agreement is required for enforcement. I hope this helps.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
windydog is infamous around these parts
you should tell us this guys name so we can be sure to never do business with him.
sorry to hear about that, but this maybe a blessing in disguise.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Sorry to hear about this, I as well agree with you and would not do business with him out of principle. You could always get a TT as they can be had at really good prices now. But if you have your heart set on a GT2, I feel with a little patience you will find a good fit. Best of luck with youur search, you will be ahead in the ling run I am sure.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
what idiot would lose out on a 70k deal for an additional 5%?
THIS IS A DEPRECIATING ASSET!

73k still sounds like a steal for that car.

for the record, i wouldn't trust a PPI from champion. they fired many of their top mechanics due to the economy at the beginning of this year. if you want a good PPI go to foreignaffairsmotorsports in pompano. you can witness them doing the thorough inspection first-hand. things like shredded tire residue within the frame nooks and crannies are among the things that a good race shop knows to look for that a salaried pissed off employee in a major dealer likely doesn't even know to look for.

Last edited by bruceinmiami; 06-04-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi guys, in all seriousness he was diagnosed/institutionalized with some mental health issues about 12 months ago...

I think we should do our best to refrain from making too many comments about the guy as I'm sure he is dealing with problems that we can only imagine.

Last note- I was burned up about it last night, but I realize that there are always going to be other cars. Ill start a new thread when I find a winner!!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Still changing a deal is never really ok whatever the reason is. At 19K miles, a GT2 is one nice dream, a dent or two more or less who cares. Best of luck in the future.