996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone want to trade a sushi dinner for some elbow grease?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 AM
giggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to behold
Anyone want to trade a sushi dinner for some elbow grease?

I have received my GT3 seats for several weeks. I havent had the motivation to take the packaging apart and install them. I also do not have any tools.

I am willing to take someone to sushi (Not Sushi Boy) if they are willing to help me install these things.

Tonight would be great, afternoon weekends are ok too.

I am near Schaumburg.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
You should look into these people called mechanics. However they don't accept Sushi as payment.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
giggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to behold
I know. I thought that this would be a good way to meet a local 6speeder.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
292 is on a distinguished road
I had my installer do it while my sound system was being installed. You would definitely need 2 or more person for this job because stock seats are so freaking heavy. Here is my post of the seats installed.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/177772-some-pics-gt3-seats-rep-installed.html

Good luck!

Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
lol Jeff, if you were local.... How's the car running?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 PM
page not found

Originally Posted by 292
I had my installer do it while my sound system was being installed. You would definitely need 2 or more person for this job because stock seats are so freaking heavy. Here is my post of the seats installed.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/177772-some-pics-gt3-seats-rep-installed.html

Good luck!
repost?

Thomas:

Hows it going? Car is running fine although I am getting used to the speed. Looking into some other mods (20g) maybe. Im not trying to break any speed records, just want to dust a few ZR1's out here. Dude come out to Chitown man. Well light this town on fire, LA style!

Jeff

Last edited by giggalo; 07-08-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:16 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
I'd be up 4 it I got all the tools in the world Not sure about the Sushi thou as I've been trying to cut some carbs out, Sashimi would sound better.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Lol

Originally Posted by adam699
I'd be up 4 it I got all the tools in the world Not sure about the Sushi thou as I've been trying to cut some carbs out, Sashimi would sound better.
this is getting funny. I just had a guy PM me wanting the same thing. looks like ill be spending the night in my garage tonight.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by giggalo
this is getting funny. I just had a guy PM me wanting the same thing. looks like ill be spending the night in my garage tonight.
Garage party at your house?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Adam, if you want to stop by, ill go out and get some beers. PM me for address.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album651?page=1

do you have any of these tools?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by giggalo
Adam, if you want to stop by, ill go out and get some beers. PM me for address.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album651?page=1

do you have any of these tools?
Piece of cake I got the tools. Do you have threadlocker, Zipties and the torque specs for the bolts(I can try to look them up if you don't)?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
i can buy thread lock. there is an ace across from me.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
May be too late, but here is a link that actually works describing the install:

http://quattro.me.uiuc.edu/~jon/Pors...Seats+Rollbar/

I did it myself. Stock seats are heavy, but not so heavy that one person can't do it.

Jon

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
enoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to behold
What an awesome group from Chicago, Now only if I had the same help here in Socal to help me install some springs

Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by enoyskt
What an awesome group from Chicago, Now only if I had the same help here in Socal to help me install some springs
Theres the same kind of thing going on in SoCal. Do you ever go to car meets?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to trade a sushi dinner for some elbow grease?