996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best Place To get a 996 606 124 00 MAF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 07:36 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Best Place To get a 996 606 124 00 MAF? Getting P0102 $ 5525 Error codes

I think I have a bad MAF. I did a search and looked at all the posts and do not see a recommended source for these. Dealer prices are too high. ($600 +) Pelican Parts is $233.30 shipped.

I took the MAF out and cleaned it as recommended but still no joy. RE-Flashed back to stock just in case and this made no difference. Except I saw the P0102 error more frequently on the stock Flash. When I clear the P0102 it just comes back. Cannot clear the 5525.

I also did a pressure test and I cannot hear any air leaks.

I think I have a MAF Issue, or at least I will start there.

No CEL

PSM ABS Lights on Constantly Never go off unless battery disconnected, then they both come back in about 15 secs at idle.

DME 7.8 P0102 Code 115 Below Limit Error This is a MAF Error Code

5525 Code on ABS Torque tranfer from DME disturbed at times This is a PSM/ABS Error Code

Durametric Data:

Air flow is 24.7 ML Kg/h at idle and 60 or so at 2500 this does seem to move OK.

MAF Voltage 1.04 all the time.

The Other durametric Air Flow reading is solid at 3 all the time.

Started during a run on the street yesterday, 2nd gear WOT about 4k rpm, 1.1bar boost, Engine stuttered came back OK. Car seems fine from a running perspective. Ran WOT again still 1.1 Bar. Just the PSM ABS Lights on Solid all the time and I assume no ABS. But brakes OK.

I need to get a MAF to test it.

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 09-05-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
had maf probs a few years ago(before 6) it felt like i was running over railroad tracks very inconsistant. and imean days.no codes wento three shops could not find the prob...had used a oiled air filter.. only change... after these expensive mods
1 new plugs
2 new packs
3 reflash
4some other small stuff
i read an artical on 6 about elec. cleaner and my maf spent $3.50 on a can(keep it in the car now)cleaned my maf and all was fine guess oil from the air filter dirtyed it up. after a few months the prob. reappeared so i replaced the unit for about $350.00 at my local porsche dealer. pullaround back of the dealership and poped it in . all ended well... but remember i never saw a code, boft was ok it just felt like it was missing. and only on hard acc. soooo good luckhope it's the maf but sound like more to me air leak??

Old 09-05-2009, 09:22 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I think you can unplug the maf and see if it acts the same - that would target it being a maf problem...

Old 09-05-2009, 09:35 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by raineycd
I think you can unplug the maf and see if it acts the same - that would target it being a maf problem...
The car seems to run fine as mentioned, 1.1bar of boost when flashed. I did not notice anything unusual other than the lights.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:53 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
i have a known good one you can borrow to swap out and ck if its a maf prob... if it fixes your prob you can give me what ever you think is fair

tim

Old 09-05-2009, 09:53 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
with my bad maf, I would get a very rough idle. rpm would bounce around when stopped, surge and even stall (I have a tip). once I replaced the maf, everything went back to normal.

I had a k&n air filter which I know caused the problem. I went back to the stock paper filter.

I found the similar pricing. I don't think I found anywhere cheaper than $225 for the 124.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by colorinc
i have a known good one you can borrow to swap out and ck if its a maf prob... if it fixes your prob you can give me what ever you think is fair

tim
Tim:

Now that is jolly decent of you. I really appreciate the offer. + 1 to you for that kind jesture. I would do the same for you. I ordered one from Peilican Parts for $230 today otherwise I would have taken you up on it. If figured with all the bad press it was probably a good idea to have around.

I did some more pressure testing today and cannot find a leak anywhere, except of course from the Oil Filler Cap.

I hope the problem is not the DME! Although why would the car run OK if it was bad. I Flashed it back to the Stock File no issues there.

Thanks again.

Ian

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 09-05-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:03 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Do you have the stock maf?and if so did you replace it in the past?You might have a crappy chinese maf that does not throw any codes while not operating properly...I went through this situation...

Old 09-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Do you have the stock maf?and if so did you replace it in the past?You might have a crappy chinese maf that does not throw any codes while not operating properly...I went through this situation...
I am getting codes as mentioned above. No is it the stock MAF from 2005. Only done 6k miles though.

I was curious if my Durametric numbers were good. 24@ Idle and 60-65@ 2500rpm.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:25 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
lt/hr numbers look ok...However constant voltage is not ok...

Old 09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by skandalis447
lt/hr numbers look ok...However constant voltage is not ok...
Thanks, I wish I knew the factory specs for those parameters, none of my documentation tells me.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
It's a MAF almost for sure

Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Can somoene with a GOOD MAF (Most people here) a Durametric Loggin system please connect it up to their car and Monitor the Following at Idle:

1) MASS AIR FLOW (HFM)
2) MASS AIR FLOW (The second one)
3) HOT FILM MAF

and anything else that may be pertinent and please let me know what you are reading.

I get the following:

1) idle = 24 2500 rpm no load 60
2) 3 all the time
3) 1.04 volts all the time.

Thanks

Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
#s look right!! glad you got her fixed
tim

Old 09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
This is just a recap of the whole scenario in one post.

It all started when I got the following ECU errors:

1) PSM ABS Lights came hard on after a WOT acceleration in 2nd gear. The car seemed to stutter for a second, (Like Fuel Injectors shut down for a sec or the throttle bosy closed) then continued as normal.

2) Stopped turned off ignition started again PSM and ABS Lights hard on. Everything I read says that they come on after aggressive driving in most cases and go out after a shutdown and restart. Not the case this time.

3) Drove the car easily got 1.1bar with no apparant hiccups. I then went home and plugged in Durametric Logger the following errors were noted:

PSM/ABS 5525 General Fault of "Torque tranfer from DME disturbed at times"

P0102 MAF Error "Mass Air Flow Sensor - Below Lower Limit"

4) Tried to reset them but no luck.

5) Disconnected the battery for 15 mins

6) Restarted the car, No lights for 15 seconds then both PSM and ABS lights again hard on. Same durametric Errors

No CEL light during all this.

So I read all the posts some said MAF issues, and others that had horror stories about ABS controllers and BAD DME (All dealer diagnosed and replaced).

Being cheap and not relishing the thought of a new DME 7.8. I took the MAF out and cleaned it as recommended but still no joy same problem.

Re-Flashed my DME 7.8 back to stock just in case, and this made no difference, Except I saw the P0102 error more frequently on the stock Flash. When I cleared the P0102 it just comes back. Cannot clear the 5525 at all without disconnecting the battery.

I also did a pressure test at 10-15 psi at the air intake and I could not hear any air leaks, other than out the oil fillter cap.

Again being cheap, I thought I would take the easy way out first. I ordered a MAF from Pelican Parts for $233.50.

Here are the Durametric numbers for the Duff/BAD MAF at Idle and 2500 RPM:

MAF Air flow (HSM)= 24.7 Kg/h at 777 RPM and 60 or so at 2500 this does seem to move OK.

Hot Film MAF Voltage = 1.04 all the time.

The Other MASS Air Flow reading was a solid at 3 all the time.

Well it appears a replacement MAF fixed the problem...... for Now. I reset all the codes and all is well. It arrived today and everything is back to normal. Thank F#$% or whoever you like or worship!

Here are some Durametric numbers for the good MAF to compare:

RPM: 777 (Idle)
Mass Air Flow (HFM) 20 Kg/h
Mass Air Flow 20.7 Kg/h
Hot Film MAF 1.35 Volts

RPM: 1500
Mass Air Flow (HFM) 43 Kg/h
Mass Air Flow 37.6 Kg/h
Hot Film MAF 1.61 Volts

RPM: 2552
Mass Air Flow (HFM) 63 Kg/h
Mass Air Flow 66.8 Kg/h
Hot Film MAF 1.92 Volts

I hope this helps some one, it scared the hell out of me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Place To get a 996 606 124 00 MAF?