996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Welcome new board sponsor Alpine Motorsports Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome new board sponsor Alpine Motorsports Club

Conceived in the spring of 2001, then nurtured through three years of challenging site conditions, project design, preliminary and final engineering to satisfy a demanding regulatory permitting and approval process, the $25 million Alpine Motorsports Club is the product of its founders’ driving passion and relentless commitment to transform an idea into a reality.

With groundbreaking scheduled in the fall of 2004, the Alpine Motorsports Club’s Board of Directors and Membership Committee welcome you to the world’s first membership-driven private road course and club facility, and we invite you to explore all the possibilities and rewards a membership in the Club will provide.

Thanks for supporting our forum and we all look forward to your events!

Old 11-14-2004, 11:29 PM
WARDHOG will become famous soon enough
Looks first class! Only 56 garages?! Do you think that will be enough? I wonder if they have any car lifts in any of them.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:51 AM
The Cuban
Jpcuban is infamous around these partsJpcuban is infamous around these parts
Does california have a place like this? Looks very nice.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:26 AM
jroy is on a distinguished road
just sent them an email to see about membership costs. looks very interesting..

Old 11-15-2004, 04:30 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Send me a pm when you find out how much?

Old 11-15-2004, 04:32 AM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be cool if they supplied the cars.... I would get bored driving my turbo every time I go there...

Old 11-15-2004, 04:34 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Cole_21
Send me a pm when you find out how much?
Same here, please...

Old 11-15-2004, 05:05 AM
will do.....

Old 11-15-2004, 05:43 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is on a distinguished road
welcome

Old 11-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Ruftech is on a distinguished road
That looks like an awesome facility. There is a similar place in Texas that has been around for several years. It is also membership driven, so I wonder how the Alpine club claims to be the first in the world. I have to admit the Alpine facility looks a lot more fun with a better track and more elevation changes.
Here is a link to the Motorsports Ranch Country Club.

http://www.motorsportranch.com/

Old 11-15-2004, 10:02 AM
ok, i received first set of information. presentation is very good. it appears that the highest level of membership. the most priveleges etc. will cost $33,000 out of pocket immediate and $4000 annual dues. this membership is will be bought back in ten years by the club if you wish to sell it for $22,500. or you can resell it if your able at any time. there are other membership options as well.

i like the idea overall. i plan to talk to the president tommorow with some questions. if you figure what we have into our cars its really not that big of a membership. i know golf memberships usually start around these numbers at any decent club and go way higher.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Banned
I would do it if they had a fleet of cars that I could drive... but 4 grand a year, plus the interest I could make on 33 grand a year just so I can drive my car around... thats not for me.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:10 AM
it seems if im reading everything correct. that after 10 years the club gives a slect member back the $22,500 and you still maintain your membership. so you continue to pay only the due. of course your out the difernce and the interest etc.. but they have to make money and driving cars fast was never cheap..

Old 11-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Banned
For someone like Shank, with multiple supercars, this would be a good idea... but for me, with one car, I will just get "bored" after a few laps.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
What a terrific idea. Wish someone would do that in my neck of the woods. Any Charlotte area takers with loads of cash and acres of pristine forest?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Welcome new board sponsor Alpine Motorsports Club