996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A day at Gingerman PICTURES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 PM
ABCar is on a distinguished road
A day at Gingerman PICTURES

On 09 17 09 we met at Gingerman for some fun...Frank arranged it and it was good. Here are a few pictures. There were many more Porsches and other cool cars and one oil burning Del Sol...Hey, fun at any price right?
Frank and Julian were excellent on thier lines and Turbo Bob kicked my *** in the third session (but my AC was on...I have no idea why!) but in the second session I have to say i "understood" the track.
See you guys out there in the spring, I hope!
Andy

Oh, I forgot...A quick story of how I ended up with my 996 5 weeks ago. I had no intention of ever buying a 996 tt...then about 6 weeks ago I went out to Gingerman with a buddy to watch the Porsche guys for a few minutes. Here comes Turbo Bob with his most excellent car, (shown below). my jaw dropped, and long story short...I bought one less than a week later. Now I can blame bob when my wife gets the car blues! So it was very fun to chase him around the track knowing that his car was something of an inspiration. And, I love my TT...thanks bob.

Attached Images      

Last edited by ABCar; 09-17-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Nice! What kinda lap times were you clocking?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Acropora
Nice! What kinda lap times were you clocking?
I did not time but Frank did a 139.1 I beleive and another driver (Julian or Rob?) did a 140. But it was great seeing all the 911's...gt3's, 996's 997's and some B-mrs too. I did not have room for more pictures but here is one I took the other night on a drive in the country.

Attached Images  

Last edited by ABCar; 09-17-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Thanks for the pics, very nice and congrats on your Porsche.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Frank and others...looks like you guys had a great time. I missed this one...Hoping to have a new clutch put in and joining you guys next time.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Frank and others...looks like you guys had a great time. I missed this one...Hoping to have a new clutch put in and joining you guys next time.
Hope to meet you there.

btw, how do you like your Miltek? I had one on my Cayman and liked it but am also considering a Europipe. (Loud? resonance?)

Old 09-18-2009, 07:23 AM
turbobob is on a distinguished road
Andy, nice seeing you for the second time. Wow, never knew I was an inspiration. Does this come with any rules I have to follow? LOL. Kidding aside I had a great time and met some good guys. The bug bit me and now I'm heading over to Eurosport to have my brake fluid flushed so I can go to Autobahn on Monday to do the event that the guy we met at the track talked about. Me bad.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:34 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ABCar
Hope to meet you there.

btw, how do you like your Miltek? I had one on my Cayman and liked it but am also considering a Europipe. (Loud? resonance?)
I like it a lot , its Catless . I think its perfect for an everday car , not too loud and sounds great.

EP is good but also twice the cost of Milltek..I am happy esp when it shoots flames

Old 09-18-2009, 07:35 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Turbobob has one of the nicest 996 TT's I have ever seen and heard. OMFG what an absolutely incredible car. Super jealous.

We did have a lot of fun, I think that was my last for the year so we will hook up next year.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:48 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by turbobob
The bug bit me and now I'm heading over to Eurosport to have my brake fluid flushed so I can go to Autobahn on Monday to do the event that the guy we met
LOL.....my 'bug' has moved into pure addiction....

You will have such a great time at autobahn....definitely your kind of place.....

Here is a vid of a GT3 on the south circuit (the one you will be on).

http://www.vimeo.com/5178511

Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 AM
I drove my buddies Carrera S that has the Pagid Yellow's....an absolute must...they inspire extreme confidence when you hit the brakes...gotta get them for next year....the C2S is a great track car....much less understeer than the Turbo. No match to the Turbo in the straights, but better handling in the bends. Have to get the PSS10's for next year.

That red GT3 is just bad a$$.

I am also going to take pics of the Sumitomo's when I put my winters on at the end of Oct. They actually held up better this time then the previous two times because it was cool out, but they started to really give up at the end of the night. I think they get too hot....Still great on the street.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:11 AM
I need to hear your Milltek in person. Man the Europipe sound's amazing.

I like it a lot , its Catless . I think its perfect for an everday car , not too loud and sounds great.

EP is good but also twice the cost of Milltek..I am happy esp when it shoots flames

Old 09-18-2009, 10:14 AM
NM3
NM3 is on a distinguished road
I like the last pic alot. Looks like a good track day.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Pagid Yellows is what i have on my car , they are the best and transform your track exp. Glad you got the brakes bleed and flushed as a DIY project. I want a Gt2 decklid and wing too...just waiting ..

we should all do a fall chicago meet or a drive up to wisconsin back roads ..

Old 09-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Napleton Porsche is recommending Endless brake fluid..they are running it their GT3's and Cup cars.

http://www.endless-brake.info/e_layer_fluid.htm

Pagid Yellows is what i have on my car , they are the best and transform your track exp. Glad you got the brakes bleed and flushed as a DIY project. I want a Gt2 decklid and wing too...just waiting ..

we should all do a fall chicago meet or a drive up to wisconsin back roads ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A day at Gingerman PICTURES