996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks 911tuning aka Markski!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Mark i think you should come up with something like a T fitting for the fuel that would be able to drain the tank for guys that want to run pump fuel for daily driving and Race fuel for the track or Night time adventures.
Something like a #4 fitting or a #6 that you can just screw a 6 foot line to and and Hot-wire the pump to drain it all.. What do you think?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=MARKSKI@911tuning;2646858]
here is my current set up... those fiters are from Italy and we did back to back dynos and it did not loose any HP.. but they cost me $300/unit.

/quote]

Mark-- I asking this here but I notice it keeps coming up in other threads--- I am concerned about this placement also. I had similar position on a 993 and in extreme wet ( on track) the pressure and volume of water actually sucked it into the engine . In the 996 application there is not a lot of protection and the forces in the area can be extreme and I also have clearance issues( I want to use the 6" intercoolers and upgraded piping) -- so given all of the above -- where do I put the filters etc?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red 9
Mark-- I asking this here but I notice it keeps coming up in other threads--- I am concerned about this placement also. I had similar position on a 993 and in extreme wet ( on track) the pressure and volume of water actually sucked it into the engine . In the 996 application there is not a lot of protection and the forces in the area can be extreme and I also have clearance issues( I want to use the 6" intercoolers and upgraded piping) -- so given all of the above -- where do I put the filters etc?
Well if you look at a stock airfilter.. it really is open to atmosphere - it has to be... so if its raining then the same moisture will get sucked in as the one under the car... BTW that filter is surrounded by a cavity... there is very little room for anything to get in there... i actually make custom side panels on the cores... as pictured...
there is no water that can get up on top of the IC...
As far as clearance of the piping .. well my design clears a 12 inch wide rim... and if need be I suggest a 1/4 spacer...
This design is nothing new... many if not most of 1000+rwhp car use this set up... it was originally developed by Todd Knighton from protomotive...
It really works only with the Custom Y pipe and the ford maf...
I have way to much data supporting my convictions.. It works and it works well... we have Art's 1250rwhp P car running on it... Rob Mds 1100 rwhp car.... my 1000rwhp... etc etc...

mark

you do not need 6 inch IC for 800 hp... I have one but its overkill for most...
the 4.5s like pictured are more then enough...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-13-2009, 08:52 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Mark your Intercoolers look great!
Guys just a side note. Mark sent me a pic of a intercooler end tank he made for a Stock replacement cooler. WOW it looks amazing and i am sure it will work wonders on a replacement level.
For all you non believers call Autowerks here (905-850-7600)who did my install, They build cup cars here and were amazed at the quality of work that Mark is putting out, His welding is unbelievable those are the words they used when they saw the Headers Coolers and the Exhaust.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:48 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i second that to!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:21 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Mark, I know retaining the ducting on the BIG intercoolers is nearly impossible but do the smaller ones retain it? I'd like to retain ducting into and out of the intercoolers while going with a larger sized freer flowing intercooler with fender intakes. Doable? Any pics?

I've seen the stock replacement tank pics too - very nice! I suppose the question now is at what point do those run out of flow?

Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Mark, I know retaining the ducting on the BIG intercoolers is nearly impossible but do the smaller ones retain it? I'd like to retain ducting into and out of the intercoolers while going with a larger sized freer flowing intercooler with fender intakes. Doable? Any pics?
Boostlogic did it.. it really is a matter of cutting plastic with a $20 4.5" angle grinder. then using some adhesive and or rivets to connect it... so Its possible...

here is my direct replacement ICs that are 3.5 tall and fit stock hoses....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-13-2009, 03:26 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
looks great man look forward to some #'s on the IC's to compare the stock replacements and the 4.5"

Old 12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Is it possible to sneak an air intake in with the ducting too? The stock replacement coolers look damned nice, will you be able to do any testig with them for comparison sake?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
WOW Mark your stuff keeps getting better and better... i think its time to build a gallardo pkg

tim