996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How much should I expect to pay for 45k service on 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
How much should I expect to pay for 45k service on 996TT?

Hey guys,

I know that service prices differ throughout the country, but am curious to hear what you've paid for the 45k service (if you've had it done and recall the rough cost). I'm about to schedule mine and want to know where I fit within the range, and will be happy to share the estimate from my neck of the woods when I have it too. Thanks!

PS. I noticed my CEL came on at 44997 miles for the service!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Hey guys,

I know that service prices differ throughout the country, but am curious to hear what you've paid for the 45k service (if you've had it done and recall the rough cost). I'm about to schedule mine and want to know where I fit within the range, and will be happy to share the estimate from my neck of the woods when I have it too. Thanks!

PS. I noticed my CEL came on at 44997 miles for the service!
anywhere around 2000-4000 it also depends on what the problem is, or what they have to do on your car, such as change the brake fluid, brakes, wipers, oil, new tires, brake rotors, etc....... location New YorkThe Big Apple

p.s hopefully it is not mechanical, good luck keep us posted

Old 10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Wow...you had me scared silly.

I just got off the phone with Barrier Porsche in Bellevue, WA and got the following prices:

45k service for 2001 996TT: $571.92 (includes oil change, safety inspection, and new air filter)

Some additional prices I asked for included:

Oil change (standalone): ~ $180
Replacement key (including reprogramming): ~$270

Old 10-20-2009, 10:12 AM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
good topic

While I don't have an answer to your, I also have a question about the first service for an 02 996tt. At which mileage and what is performed? Also do you think $50,000.00 is a good price for a 2 owner clean non x50 car w/ 8k on the clock, car is in excellent condition w/ 2 oil changes. Sorry to take over your post but I don't have enough posts to post. thanks

Old 10-20-2009, 05:35 PM
No SubstiTTute will become famous soon enough
Paid 769.95 in March 2009 at Westmont Porsche in Illinois. Included oil change and filter, pollen filter, air filter and all the recommended 45k service items. Brake fluid was not changed as I had did it recently.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey, I appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:43 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
What's included in the 45k and 60k service items? $180 is a crazy price for an oil change! The fk!? DIY! Two 5qt jugs of Mobil1 [$30x2] + Mobil1 filter [$12] = $72 tops, with oil left over.

John H

Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
OMG.

The best thing the car companies did was stop talking about TASKS to be done, and replaced it with "MILEAGE BASED EVENTS". Heck, BMW makes it even more mysterious with "Inpsection I and Inspection II".

First- absolutely FIRST- WHAT WILL THEY BE DOING???

Sounds like the OP is getting an oil change and air filter for $571!!!! Oh, plus that 'scary and important' "Safety Inspections". After all, who can decline that???

Change your tranny and differential fluids
Change coolant
Flush Brakes
Change Oil
Check/Change Belts
Change Plugs
Check pads and replace brakes when ~30%

All those are real things... skip the inspections.

My 2 cents

A

Old 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM
It's definitely not the world's best value in a 45k service, but I actually expected worse in the world of Porsche. It appears that I'm getting a relatively good deal too as someone else mentioned paying about $769 for the same service elsewhere. In a world of DIY service, the money would go a lot further but I haven't had the car in to the dealer yet at all since owning it and would appreciate them taking a look at it.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:47 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John H.
What's included in the 45k and 60k service items? $180 is a crazy price for an oil change! The fk!? DIY! Two 5qt jugs of Mobil1 [$30x2] + Mobil1 filter [$12] = $72 tops, with oil left over.

John H

ive heard people getting charged a lot more, 100 bucks for not having to go and get the parts, do the change and then dispose of the oil really isnt that bad

having said that i'm planning on doing my own, becuase i want to

Old 10-24-2009, 07:36 PM
PeterK will become famous soon enough
Here's what you do - buy an airfilter from suncoast, replace it yourself, save $150. Bring the car for the oil change to your dealer. Skip inspections. Get the stamp in the book. There, you're done!

Old 10-24-2009, 10:21 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
It's definitely not the world's best value in a 45k service, but I actually expected worse in the world of Porsche. It appears that I'm getting a relatively good deal too as someone else mentioned paying about $769 for the same service elsewhere. In a world of DIY service, the money would go a lot further but I haven't had the car in to the dealer yet at all since owning it and would appreciate them taking a look at it.
Keep in mind that brake fluid should be flushed every 2 years. This is not something that is usually tracked in the world of "service by miles". Don't forget coolant too.

If your tranny fluid is original, consider that as well.

A

PS Can I say that **** rape is far better than **** gang rape.... not sure if that is an apt analogy, but I just was listening to Corolla's pod cast...