996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

interior mod photos..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:38 AM
sardmd is infamous around these parts
how hard was it to get the center console out

Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Looks much better Mine came with natural brown too, but had black accents throughout--the ALL brown look is a bit much

I just ordered a new shift boot in black--the old one was getting worn and cracked, I think black will give it a nice look

Old 09-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Here are some more ideas (photoshopped) I was thinking of doing. I like them both (Alcantara or Carbon) but I think carbon get too busy looking at times. I might go with the Alcantara. What you think.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sardmd
how hard was it to get the center console out
Taking the center console out is not that hard, just takes a bit of time.
Here is a good write up when Mike switched out the shifter.
Just make sure when get to the part of almost taking it out that the seats are all the way reclined.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tal-996tt.html

Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
that alcantara looks better than the cf with your interior.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
On those multi color combos, the steering wheel plays a big part. I have a '91 C4 with a gray interior. Stock it came with lots of black accents, but changing the steering wheel to black made all the difference.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Page
Since then I've changed my mind about 100 times. I've painted the horseshoe around the radio black to match the radio, etc. I've also painted the cup holder black and have a black center vent.

I was thinking of doing the dash inserts and gauge cluster in Alcantara to match the headliner. Do the center console back in Natural leather with Alcantara shift boot / **** and arm rest.

I think this is the look I might be going for.. Pic below.

What you think..

best Porsche Interior ive ever seen nice seats who made em?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:34 AM
bluelt1ss is infamous around these parts
the tan and white combo is a personal choice and i think it looks pretty good b/c it gives some contrast versus tan everywhere. the red and black looks really good

Old 09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Porsche
997 GT2 Carbon Seats
more pictures here. They are beautiful but crazy $$$

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Old 09-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
A set of sCGT seat in Natural brown will look killer, We really want to made some sCGT seat other than black leather, we're ready to throw deals on special color seats, PM me if anyone interest.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Ray, these are it! Natural brown with Alcantara inserts. Perfect for my interior.

Originally Posted by Ray
A set of sCGT seat in Natural brown will look killer, We really want to made some sCGT seat other than black leather, we're ready to throw deals on special color seats, PM me if anyone interest.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Page
Ray, these are it! Natural brown with Alcantara inserts. Perfect for my interior.
We can made this happen with special pricing, let me know if you interest

Old 09-24-2010, 08:38 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
OEM gt2 folding seats...NOT cheap...fwiw.

But, they rock.

Ray's are superb and affordable.

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 09-24-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 PM
TaxGuy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray
We can made this happen with special pricing, let me know if you interest
Ray, I'm interested in the natural brown without the insert. Please let me know the pricing. Thanks.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
OEM gt2 folding seats...NOT cheap...fwiw.

But, they rock.

Ray's are superb and affordable.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff! I also agree GT2 folding seats are nice, but it cost more than double with our recline seats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: interior mod photos..