996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Water / Methanol Injection on a 996 TT Cab (Has Anyone Done this Themselves?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:59 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Water / Methanol Injection on a 996 TT Cab (Has Anyone Done this Themselves?)

Hi All:

I am in the process installing an Aquamist HFS-6 system on my 2005 Turbo CAB. I will post and share the COMPLETE details when I am done as I am incurrently creating a comprehensive installation document as part of the project.

My main objective for this installation is for it to be as stealth an install as possible, so casually looking at the car will not reveal the installation (as much as is pracltical). In addition, I did not want to take away any trunk space for plumbing and fluid reservoir as is conventional.

I have achieved these goals (so far) and what I have done to date is available on my website. However, because of Forum Rules, I am not permitted to post the link to it here. If you would like it just PM me and I will gladly forwarded it to you. Of course it is NOT totally complete yet, in fact it is just in the early stages, covering the fluid reservoir and pump installations.

I was hoping to get some information from anyone who has done the install or similar on the 996 TT and is willing to share their experiences. This would save a lot of trial and error and research on my behalf. Any information provided will be mutually shared, and thus benefit all forum members. I have done numerous searches on all the major Porsche forums but no one really has discussed the fine details of the install that are the most important. Hopefully my final installation document will solve this dilemma.

Here are some questions I can hopefully get addressed before I have dive in and find out for myself.
  1. What is the easiest way to get wires from the Front Trunk into the Passenger compartment without damaging or drilling the bulkhead?
  2. What is the easiest route for wires from the passenger compartment to the area behind the rear seat where the DME is located (CAB)?
  3. What is the easiest route for wires from the passenger compartment to the rear of the engine bay by the Oxy Sensor Plugs to the right of the air filter assembly?
  4. What is the easiest route underneath the car from the front trunk or wheel well for the fluid supply to the Flow Control Module (FCM & Jets) in the engine bay (Rear at the Oxy Sensor Plugs to the right of the air filter assembly)?
  5. Where is the best and least invasive spot to get the Switched Ignition + 12v Supply?
  6. Where is the best and least invasive spot to get the +12v from the Light swotch when it is turned on?
Once these questions have been answered I can complete the installation. I am currently looking at manuals and probing around the car doing research, it would be great if anyone can help in this process. I have also emailed the vendor/sponsor BigBadBen and I purchased the kits from and am awaiting a reply. I just want to get as much input as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help and personal experience sharing you may be willing to provide.

SWR

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 11-29-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:45 AM
stephan_porsche will become famous soon enough
Im running AEM Methanol Injection (630cc Nozzle & 5 Gallon Tank) with a 62mm Single Turbo.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:14 PM
168 will become famous soon enough168 will become famous soon enough
Try pm bigbadben He did this on his own. I'm not too sure if he is still on the forum though..

Good luck

Old 07-15-2012, 04:36 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 168
Try pm bigbadben He did this on his own. I'm not too sure if he is still on the forum though..

Good luck
BBB Based it on my installation that you can find on my website, it is pretty detailed. I helped him through it.

Ian

Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
nevermind! didnt look at the op date of the thread.

Last edited by 32krazy!; 07-15-2012 at 04:39 PM.