996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FROM 900 hp Audi S4 to 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:19 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
That Car is a steal (assuming someone is even planning SOME of the upgrades).

An abolute steal (I have seen the car in action)

MK

Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Jamie,

My original assertion was that it is much easier and cheaper to build a drag car from another platform. That statement is absolutely true. You claimed it was wrong. Your claim is absolutely false.

However I don't want to drag GURU's introduction down with more of your childish behavior so I will not have anymore interaction w/ you on this thread and will instead reiterate my welcome to him and express my anticipation of his involvement with this forum since he seems to have a lot to offer.

Dude!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:27 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Guru, welcome aboard. It seems like you've got quite a bit to offer. There's much to learn on this board so take it all in. I know you're currently trying to get into the 9's with your S4 before you venture into the 996TT world, so good luck on that! By looking at your vids, looks like you run 1/8th mile tracks a lot. While you can extract a lot of power and get really good 1/4 mile times from a 996TT, if you're looking to get good 1/8th mile times, you're probably going to want to go with smaller faster spooling turbos such as K16/16's. But if you want really fast 1/4 mile times you're going to suffer in the 1/8th mile as the big turbo'd cars shine in the later part of the track. These cars are difficult to launch hard. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of fast K16/16 cars and I think some may have touched the high 10's (could be wrong on that, but i seem to recall a 10 second run on K16/16's), but if you want a 9 second pass, you're going to suffer in 1/8 mile times and probably get beat by some cars that you were torching in the S4. That being said, 1/8 mile means little, it's all about the 1/4 mile when it comes to drags!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:31 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Great vids. Welcome to the forum.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Jamie,

My original assertion was that it is much easier and cheaper to build a drag car from another platform. That statement is absolutely true. You claimed it was wrong. Your claim is absolutely false.

However I don't want to drag GURU's introduction down with more of your childish behavior so I will not have anymore interaction w/ you on this thread and will instead reiterate my welcome to him and express my anticipation of his involvement with this forum since he seems to have a lot to offer.
Sean,
He didn't ask for your inexperienced drag racing 'platform' advice. An S4 is not a cheap car to get into the 10's, nor is a 996 in the 9's. Use some logic Sean. You know nothing about this topic, nor have you ever been down a strip other than to clock your weak 60-130 times. Your random, inaccurate comments add nothing to this forum.

Dom, welcome, you'll enjoy 6speed. Just like Audizine and Audiworld, you have to sort through the 'kids'....

Old 11-29-2009, 05:58 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Sean,
He didn't ask for your inexperienced drag racing 'platform' advice. An S4 is not a cheap car to get into the 10's, nor is a 996 in the 9's. Use some logic Sean. You know nothing about this topic, nor have you ever been down a strip other than to clock your weak 60-130 times. Your random, inaccurate comments add nothing to this forum.

Dom, welcome, you'll enjoy 6speed. Just like Audizine and Audiworld, you have to sort through the 'kids'....
Sean these seem to be valid points.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:00 PM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
Thanks guy, Ill keep you posted on the progress...

A good buddy of mine has a 996TT with a few mods locally, I want to run against him for now.

I'm sure am doing te step at the end of the season (so I can still be in here)

Never heard in the audi cummunity of that 60 to 130mph !

By the looks, I should be in the ?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GURUMAN
Thanks guy, Ill keep you posted on the progress...

A good buddy of mine has a 996TT with a few mods locally, I want to run against him for now.

I'm sure am doing te step at the end of the season (so I can still be in here)

Never heard in the audi cummunity of that 60 to 130mph !

By the looks, I should be in the ?

A 35 mph back half is strong....assuming the Portatree was calibrated correctly.

Consider the 6speed 60-130 times to be a better version of AW's FATS. I would estimate you're probably somewhere in the low 6's...but that's a total guess (weight, boost recovery, gearing, etc). A 10.5/140 996 would probably yield a mid 5's, but Porsches are geared really well for this 'test'. Many other cars that ET/trap near you aren't as quick in 60-130 results.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Welcome Guru! Saw your car at Waterfest. If you liked your S4 you will love the 996TT platform.

I look forward to pics of your new car... in the mean time here is my WB S4 with Gt28RS's... car put down 640HP on low boost (22-24psi) hoping for over 700 when tuning is done... oh and it's my daily

Attached Images     
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Pretty sick Audi S4. I myself have worked on a K04 B5 S4. Fun stuff...

Congrats on the 996TT

-Nathan

Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Welcome!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
sick man, sounds awesome in the vids that first vid of the track looks like a roller coaster of a track.

996's have the same issues most cars have when you put on sticky tires no worries you can do it !

Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Welcome! That is one seriously bada$$ Audi you have there.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Welcome! That is one seriously bada$$ Audi you have there.
Guess I will post since I own the fastest S4 in north america

gurman go for the 996 all the way. having both these cars is a dream come true!

my car has very simple mods but it flys I ran some updated 60-130 times the other day but I won't share them until I take out someones number

good luck finding one!

Chris Green

Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 PM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
2nd fastest Audi S4 registered in America, 3 rd fastest of all.
Chris, who do you think I was thinking when I placed myself second !

Last edited by GURUMAN; 12-01-2009 at 06:17 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FROM 900 hp Audi S4 to 996 TT